• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Signs of the Times - What’s happening to our world?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Hi old badger how ya doing? I was thinking that this virus could bring about world peace. It’s annhilating economies.

The only budget governments might have left to spend is their huge military budgets. But they can’t touch that unless there’s peace. So what if all the governments go bankrupt and all they have left to use is their military budget? They get together and thrash out a world peace agreement. I believe that will happen soon.

The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men.” (Baha’u’llah)
How the world will look on the other side of this pandemic is anybody's guess.
My guess is no more cheap airline flights and hols.

But how folks will claw their way back to financial stability is just a nightmare situation. We have just been told to avoid clubs, pubs and restaurants. Many will crash. Etc etc

On the other side of this is tragedy., I think.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
How the world will look on the other side of this pandemic is anybody's guess.
My guess is no more cheap airline flights and hols.

But how folks will claw their way back to financial stability is just a nightmare situation. We have just been told to avoid clubs, pubs and restaurants. Many will crash. Etc etc

On the other side of this is tragedy., I think.

pregnancy is not a tragedy but a cause of joy and celebration. When peace baby is born the labor pain will be forgotten.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As in the days of Noah so shall the coming of the Sin of Man be, The flood came AFTER Noah had been rejected. Now it is Baha’u’llah Who has been rejected. So let’s see what will come.

It appears that it will take a great calamity for people to consider such a simple message, that we are but one humanity and the God many worship, is One.

The great thing is, that humanity will unite under that banner of Oneness, in a rich diversity of culture and thought.

RF has shown me that it is possible for many differing opinions to be able to exist side by side, but it will only happen when we except we are One.

Happy Naw-Ruz for Thursday Evening :D;)

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Bahullah is another mentally ill person that thinks he's God, we have one on the forum too.
Baha'u'llah was not mentally ill. How do you think a mentally ill person could do everything He did on His mission and write everything He wrote? Get back to me when you have an answer.

Baha'u'llah never claimed to be God.

“Certain ones among you have said: “He it is Who hath laid claim to be God.” By God! This is a gross calumny. I am but a servant of God Who hath believed in Him and in His signs, and in His Prophets and in His angels. My tongue, and My heart, and My inner and My outer being testify that there is no God but Him, that all others have been created by His behest, and been fashioned through the operation of His Will. There is none other God but Him, the Creator, the Raiser from the dead, the Quickener, the Slayer. I am He that telleth abroad the favors with which God hath, through His bounty, favored Me.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 228

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Vaishnava texts say that in 428,898 years Vishnu will incarnate as Kalki to restore dharma (righteousness) and usher in a new golden age of the world. Moreover, not all Hindus subscribe to that belief. But it is not "end times" as Abrahamics understand it. In Hindu (and Buddhist) philosophy the universe is cyclic. It doesn't end, it just changes. The idea that we are seeing signs of the end times is preposterous as far as I'm concerned. Things such as these... war, disease, famine, "pestilence", etc. ... have been occurring for millennia. Every generation laments they're seeing the "end times".

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Vaishnava texts say that in 428,898 years Vishnu will incarnate as Kalki to restore dharma (righteousness) and usher in a new golden age of the world. Moreover, not all Hindus subscribe to that belief. But it is not "end times" as Abrahamics understand it. In Hindu (and Buddhist) philosophy the universe is cyclic. It doesn't end, it just changes. The idea that we are seeing signs of the end times is preposterous as far as I'm concerned. Things such as these... war, disease, famine, "pestilence", etc. ... have been occurring for millennia. Every generation laments they're seeing the "end times".

It has been explained by Baha'u'llah that it does mean cycles are renewed, that is what end of times, or end of ages means.

The numbers you quote, if original, would have a specific meaning, not necessarily telling of a precise time line.

It could also be telling of a distant future, as the full Baha'i cycle will go 500,000 years, with many cycles within.

I see Prophecy can be timeless and cover many cycles.

Regards Tony

WhyIsThatSo

Our world is fast changing. Now this virus is closing down the world.

Does your religion say anything about these times? My religion says plenty.

So what does this virus mean to religionists? Is it a prophecy of your Faith? Or do you think it is preparing the world for something?

Please share your views as I have many passages in my Faith referring to these times but want to know what you all think, believe and feel.

Those without a Faith may like to comment on the financial and social implications of the world shutting down, how long it might last and what long term effect it could have.

Will this cause permanent changes to humanity?

What is happening now is nothing compared to what will take place soon in the future, around the world.
What is being done today, in the over dramatizing of a relatively harmless viral infection, is a "test" to gauge public reaction.
They are aware of the "prophecies", just as many are. Even if they do NOT understand them, just a the many don't.

We are experiencing the "birth pangs" of a new age ( Aquarius ), the age of Self-Realization.....aka "Gnosis".
During the years to come , many, if not all of the major institutions of learning that we have established over the last age (2000 years),
will come apart at the seams. And all the systems of education, business, commerce, etc. will fall down.

As the governments of the world scramble to stay in control, the masses will turn to "religion" for comfort and security.
But then they will find that even their "religion" has lied to them. And as the lies of their governments and their religion become apparent the masses will demand answers.

And the only answers they will get will be from the 144,000 "sealed" of the LIVING GOD.
And the "two witnesses" that stand before the God of this earth. To reveal that the God of this earth is a FALSE God.
Just as our "Brother" ( Jesus ) did 2000 years ago at the end of that age (Aries).

Only this go round, things will be different. The TRUTH will be revealed to ALL.
And the Living God ( the Father).......NOT the "dead God" that made this world,
The Father will pour out His Spirit (CHRIST) "on ALL flesh",

And this world will once again KNOW who they are. And live accordingly.
In short....everything will change for the better and for the good,
for every man, woman, and child ( the True Holy Trinity ).

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
pregnancy is not a tragedy but a cause of joy and celebration. When peace baby is born the labor pain will be forgotten.

Depends on the circumstances.
Safety and security are best for pregnancy.

We have no idea about what's on the other side of this situation.

You think your Bahauallah has prophesied all this (I'm guessing), some Christians are talking about Jesus's 2nd coming....... but Deists like me don't believe in any of that, so you're talking to the wrong guy here.

WhyIsThatSo

Depends on the circumstances.
Safety and security are best for pregnancy.

We have no idea about what's on the other side of this situation.

You think your Bahauallah has prophesied all this (I'm guessing), some Christians are talking about Jesus's 2nd coming....... but Deists like me don't believe in any of that, so you're talking to the wrong guy here.

The man "Jesus" does not come again,
but the "Christ" does, and is here NOW.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The numbers you quote, if original, would have a specific meaning, not necessarily telling of a precise time line.

In Hindu cosmology there are 4 ages (yugas): Satya, Treta, Dwapara, Kali (nothing to do w/ Goddess) each lasting a longer time than the previous. They are also in order of their righteousness, with Satya being the best and Kali being the most degenerate. We are in Kali Yuga now. It began in 3102 BCE when Lord Krishna left Earth. This yuga is predicted to last 432,000 years. Hence the remaining 428,898 years before Vishnu returns.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In Hindu cosmology there are 4 ages (yugas): Satya, Treta, Dwapara, Kali (nothing to do w/ Goddess) each lasting a longer time than the previous. They are also in order of their righteousness, with Satya being the best and Kali being the most degenerate. We are in Kali Yuga now. It began in 3102 BCE when Lord Krishna left Earth. This yuga is predicted to last 432,000 years. Hence the remaining 428,898 years before Vishnu returns.

I see the predicted original number of 432,000 as important. I can see many interpretations of that number.

Back in those times numbers were also used to explain deeper meanings.

I will have to look up what was used around that time. Under on system It adds up to 9, which I see is the overriding importance of that number.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It could or may not indicate the following, it works for me. ;)

432,000 can also be seen as at least 3 cycles, with others to come.

So from Krishna we have 4 cycles, I see that may be cycles of prophecy;

4 = Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha and Jesus Christ.

Then a cycle that seals Prophecy and opens the door to the promise which is 3 cycles

3 = Muhammad, Bab and Baha'u'llah.

The 2 cycle is the fulfilment which is left open by the unknown cycles to come.

2 = Bab and Baha'u'llah which will again last 500,000 years, to which details will be provided.

Regards Tony

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The one thing which bothers me with explanations like this is that the flood came after Noah not before. Noah called men to God and righteousness time and again and was ignored. Then the flood came.
As it was in the days of Noah so shall the coming of the Son of Man be, The meaning I’m espousing is that He’s already come and people have turned away and so now humanity is beginning to suffer the consequences. Yes it was probably caused by uncleanliness but I don’t believe God will allow greed and injustice to continue on earth forever. So if man won’t change then God will establish His Kingdom on earth in other ways. My understanding of God’s Kingdom is a System that will replace the current one.

Yes, Daniel 2:44 'God's theocratic kingdom government' will replace the current system of things.
This is why Jesus instructed people to pray ' thy kingdom come..... '
We do Not pray to be 'taken away' to the kingdom, nor pray to be 'taken up' to the kingdom but for the kingdom to come.
Through this kingdom God will bring to ruin those ruining Earth - Revelation 11:18 B.
This is also why we are all invited to pray the invitation of Revelation 22:20 for Jesus to come !
Come and be King of God's Kingdom government for a thousand years - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.
Come and bring ' healing ' to earth's nations as mentioned at Revelation 22:2.
Health and 'healing' as described in Isaiah 35th chapter when No one will say, " I am sick...." - Isaiah 33:24
Healing under Christ as also described at Psalms 72:8; Psalms 72:12-14

PruePhillip

Is coronavirus a prophecy of your faith? Baha'u'llah died in 1892 and the first virus was discovered by humans in 1892, yet Oceans does not even reveal a mention of the word virus before Shoghi Effendi, in truth Baha'u'llah possibly may not have even been aware of the word.

I think viruses are the most plentiful "life" on earth. As viruses go this
one is fairly mild.

Vee

Premium Member
This is what the bible said was going to happen:

Matt. 24:7,8 - “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages. and earthquakes in one place after another. All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress."

2 Tim. 3: 1-4: "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,"

Rev. 11:18 "But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time came for the dead to be judged and to reward your slaves the prophets and the holy ones and those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

I know a lot of people dismiss this as coincidence, but for me, too many coincidences mean connections.
The condition of the world is no surprise to me, just a consequence of how humans have been acting for many, many years. I'm afraid it will get worse before it gets better. But I also believe it will get better, and that keeps me going.

Jedster

@Vee

In another post you said
"It is serious for those in the risk groups, which is not my case, so I'm not freaking out. However, everyone should be careful. I bit of good sense never hurt anyone.
They said we should wash our hands regularly and I've always done that. As for avoiding people, I'm more than happy to do that ;) I guess I'm sorted then
."

and I asked

Does that mean, that as a JW you will not be knocking on doors?

(This is not meant to be confrontational, I am just curious :) )

night912

Hello again.....
Tell you what, when this is over there will be far less air traffic, but much much higher prices for a seat on a plane. This may be the end of cheap flights to the Med or anywhere else.

And, yes, IT Comms are going to really break out in such a big way. Already my wife's company is offering vet consults by phone or IT link prior to any expensive appoints.

Our world is going to change in a big way. Well, not mine, I'll stay back on the dark ages, mumbling about when I was a kid n stuff! :p
No, when this is all over, there will be cheap airline tickets. Less people willing to fly means lower prices to try and get people to fill in the empty seats. Sales occurs when products aren't selling as much compared to the past, and companies are losing more money to keep them up on the shelves. Breaking even is still better than a loss. And a 90% loss is better than 100% loss.

night912

Hi old badger how ya doing? I was thinking that this virus could bring about world peace. It’s annhilating economies.

The only budget governments might have left to spend is their huge military budgets. But they can’t touch that unless there’s peace. So what if all the governments go bankrupt and all they have left to use is their military budget? They get together and thrash out a world peace agreement. I believe that will happen soon.

The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men.” (Baha’u’llah)
A bad economy means the road to war. Think about it. A country going broke with nothing to spend except their large military budget. Why spend the military budget to buy products at regular price when you can use the military budget for its intended use and gain products for a low price from countries you know can't say no to you in fear of being annialated. Or those who refuse but can't do any significant damage to you.

Those with great power want only one thing, to keep the power and not lose it. And how do they keep it? By having more power. For them, peace comes when they are threatened of losing their power. That's why I think that if aliens exist and they invade earth, that's when humanity will unite as one. Of course, I'm not saying that's the only way.

Vee

Premium Member
@Vee

In another post you said
"It is serious for those in the risk groups, which is not my case, so I'm not freaking out. However, everyone should be careful. I bit of good sense never hurt anyone.
They said we should wash our hands regularly and I've always done that. As for avoiding people, I'm more than happy to do that ;) I guess I'm sorted then
."

and I asked

Does that mean, that as a JW you will not be knocking on doors?

(This is not meant to be confrontational, I am just curious :) )

At the moment we're quarantined for at least 2 weeks in France. We're only allowed out of the house to go to the supermarket or to the hospital and even for that, we have to fill a declaration because this is France and red tape is like a national sports.
All other activities, whatever their nature, are suspended until further notice from the government.
I'm working from home, bored out of my mind, but at least I can work in sportswear and play music in the background, plus I have plenty of coffee :D