• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sign of 22

InvestigateTruth

Here are some events with duration of 22:

-When Bahaullah was 22, His father passed away.

-Bahaullah's Son, Mihdi, was 22, When he fell from the roof in the Prison of Akka, 22 hours later he passed away. 22 years later, Bahaullah started having fever. On the 22nd day after He first had fever, Bahaullah (ascended) passed away.

Are these true? Do you know other events which took 22 years, or months, or days?

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here are some events with duration of 22:

-When Bahaullah was 22, His father passed away.

-Bahaullah's Son, Mihdi, was 22, When he fell from the roof in the Prison of Akka, 22 hours later he passed away. 22 years later, Bahaullah started having fever. On the 22nd day after He first had fever, Bahaullah (ascended) passed away.

Are these true? Do you know other events which took 22 years, or months, or days?

Thats interesting

Numbers play a great part in this life.

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

Thats interesting

Numbers play a great part in this life.

Regards Tony
Shoghi effendi in God passes by, wrote, when Mihdi fell, He passed away 22 hours later, at age 22. So, i thought why would Shoghi Effendi mentions, how many hours later Mihdi passed away after falling from the roof, in this Book.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Shoghi effendi in God passes by, wrote, when Mihdi fell, He passed away 22 hours later, at age 22. So, i thought why would Shoghi Effendi mentions, how many hours later Mihdi passed away after falling from the roof, in this Book.

Rest assured there is significance. It would be good to do a search on 22 now :)
I am busy at this time, this will look when time is more kind to me.

Regards Tony

arthra

Baha'i
I did find an interesting passage in "Star of the West":

Great efforts were made to alienate the mind of the Sháh from them and to persuade him to decree their suppression and slaughter. But as they could not be charged with any violation of the laws of the Government,-the Sháh became convinced of their innocence, and would not consent to sentence them to death, but commanded them to be put in chains in the royal prison. Thus Mírzá Abu'l-Fadl and a number of the stanch Bahá'ís were imprisoned in chains and fetters for twenty-two months, subject to rigorous distress and hardship. During most of this time, nobody was allowed to see them. Twenty-four of them were, for fourteen days, chained to two long, heavy chains in a dark underground dungeon. Mírzá Abu'l-Fadl relates that for about six months they received daily news of the plots and intrigues of their enemies, and expected death at any moment, having entirely resigned themselves to the will of God.
After the lapse of twenty-two months, the falseness of the accusations of the enemy was proven to the Sháh, and he commanded that the prisoners should be set free.

(SOW - Star of the West, Star of the West - 3)

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Here are some more;

"..The last, but in rank the first, of these Letters to be inscribed on the Preserved Tablet was the erudite, the twenty-two year old Quddus, a direct descendant of the Imam Hasan and the most esteemed disciple of Siyyid Kazim. Shoghi Effendi : God Passes By Part 1

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"The scene of such a challenging and far-reaching proclamation was the hamlet of Badasht, where Bahá'u'lláh had rented, amidst pleasant surroundings, three gardens, one of which He assigned to Quddus, another to Tahirih, whilst the third He reserved for Himself. The eighty-one disciples who had gathered from various provinces were His guests from the day of their arrival to the day they dispersed. On each of the twenty-two days of His sojourn in that hamlet He revealed a Tablet, which was chanted in the presence of the assembled believers. Shoghi Effendi : God Passes By Part 1

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"Announce to National Assemblies of Bahá'í world that prolonged, delicate negotiations involving Ministries of Finance and Religious Affairs and Haifa Municipality have culminated in agreement in principle to purchase approximately twenty-two thousand meter area, estimated value hundred eighteen thousand dollars, situated on slope of Mount Carmel overlooking resting-place of Greatest Holy Leaf and eastern approaches to Báb's Sepulcher." Shoghi Effendi : Messages to the Baha'i World - 1950-1957

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"...In the Holy Land -- the Qiblih of a world community, the heart from which the energizing influences of a vivifying Faith continually stream, and the seat and center around which the diversified activities of a divinely appointed Administrative Order revolve -- following upon the termination of the construction of the Báb's holy Sepulcher, marking the closing of the first chapter in the history of the evolution of the central institutions of a world Faith, a marked progress in the rise and establishment of these institutions has been clearly noticeable. The remaining twenty-two pillars of the International Bahá'í Archives -- the initial Edifice heralding the establishment of the Bahá'í World Administrative Center on Mt. Carmel -- have been erected" Shoghi Effendi : Messages to the Baha'i World - 1950-1957

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"..This Siyyid Kazim had already, from his early boyhood, shown signs of remarkable intellectual power and spiritual insight. He was unique among those of his own rank and age. At the age of eleven, he had committed to memory the whole of the Qur'an. At the age of fourteen, he had learned by heart a prodigious number of prayers and recognized traditions of Muhammad. At the age of eighteen, he had composed a commentary on a verse of the Qur'an known as the Ayatu'l-Kursi, which had excited the wonder and the admiration of the most learned of his day. His piety, the gentleness of his character, and his humility were such that all who knew him, whether young or old, were profoundly impressed.
In the year 1231 A.H.,[1] when only twenty-two years old, he, forsaking home, kindred, and friends, departed from Gilan, intent upon attaining the presence of him who had so nobly arisen to announce the approaching dawn of a Divine Revelation. He had been in the company of Shaykh Ahmad for only a few weeks, when the latter, turning to him one day, addressed him in these words: "Remain in your house and cease attending my lectures. Such of my disciples as may feel perplexed will turn henceforth to you, and will seek to obtain from you directly whatsoever assistance they may require. You will, through the knowledge which the Lord your God has bestowed upon you, resolve their problems and tranquillise their hearts. By the power of your utterance you will help to revive the sorely neglected Faith of Muhammad, your illustrious ancestor." These words addressed to Siyyid Kazim excited the resentment and kindled the envy of the prominent disciples of Shaykh Ahmad, among whom figured Mulla Muhammad-i-Mamaqani and Mulla Abdu'l-Khaliq-i-Yazdi. So compelling was the dignity of Siyyid Kazim, however, and so remarkable were the evidences of his knowledge and wisdom, that these disciples were awed and felt compelled to submit." Shoghi Effendi : The Dawn-Breakers Part 1

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"...At daybreak, the appointed hour, the forces of the enemy bombarded the ramparts of the citadel, demolished its walls, entered the city, and pillaged and massacred a considerable number of its population. Many fled in consternation to the courtyard of the shrine of the Imam Husayn. Others sought refuge in the sanctuary of Abbas. Those who loved and honoured Siyyid Kazim betook themselves to his home. So great was the crowd that hastened to the shelter of his residence, that it was found necessary to appropriate a number of the adjoining houses in order to accommodate the multitude of refugees who pressed at his doors. So vast and excited was the concourse that thronged his house, that when once the tumult had subsided, it was ascertained that no less than twenty-two persons had been trampled to death." Shoghi Effendi : The Dawn-Breakers Part 2

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[1 According to Haji Mu'inu's-Saltanih's narrative (p. 37), the Báb's marriage took place when He was twenty-two years of age.] Shoghi Effendi : The Dawn-Breakers Part 2

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"..The Shah having demanded that the prisoners be sent away, seventy-three were sent to Tihran. Twenty-two died during the journey, among whom were Mulla Abdu'l-Husayn who died at Saydan, Ali son of Karbila'i Zaman at Abadih; Akbar son of Karbila'i Muhammad at Qinarih; Hasan son of Abdu'l-Vahhab, Mulla Ali-Akbar, at Isfahan. Karbila'i Baqir son of Muhammad-Zamam, Hasan and his brother Dhu'l-Faqar, Karbila'i Naqi and Ali his son, Vali Khan, Mulla Karim, Akbar Ra'is, Ghulam-'Ali son of Pir Muhammad, Naqi and Muhammad-'Ali, sons of Muhammad, expired likewise during the course of the journey...."

Shoghi Effendi : The Dawn-Breakers Part 3

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"...We had, from our very first Conclave, a fixed procedure: every morning we went to pray in the Shrine of Bahá'u'lláh before our meetings started and our last act every evening was to visit the room in which He passed away for closing prayers. If my memory serves me, the longest Conclave lasted twenty-two days -- all the days being the same. We were not interested in days off!"

Custodians : Ministry of the Custodians Part 1

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"There was a woman who was one of the disciples of His Holiness the Báb; she had seven sons; six of them had been martyred. She dreamed a dream, and behold, she saw her seventh son, the only one left. He was being brought to her with a dagger in his heart. "When she awoke from her dream she prayed: 'O God, the Compassionate! I gave six sons unto Thee. I cannot lose my only son, the last one left to me. Oh spare him! Do not take him also!' "As she prayed, a young woman, who was a friend, came to her: 'Why lamentest thou?' she asked. "'I have lost six sons, who were martyred for their Faith. I am begging God not to take my last one,' she answered. "'If I were worthy, and had beautiful sons, I would give them all to my God,' the young friend said. "In course of time a boy, Ashraf, was born to her also. He grew up to be a joy and comfort to his mother. He was loved and admired by all for his beauty, both of body and of soul.
"When he was about twenty-two years old, he was arrested, having become a disciple of the Báb. "He was condemned to be crucified.

"As he, Ashraf, was being nailed to the cross the people begged him to deny his Master. He steadfastly refused, saying: 'Nay, rather do I wish to be sacrificed for my God.' "Then his mother was brought to him. "She had been told that he denied his faith--this was to her an unspeakable tragedy. But when she saw her beautiful, beloved only child being nailed to the cross, she cried: "'My Ashraf! I owe thee to our God. I promised you to Him before you were born. I brought you up and educated you and taught you [holy things] for this day. If you had consented to deny your God, my very motherhood would have cursed you. But now my mother-blessing will follow you into the Presence of our God.' "So spake Umm-Ashraf.

"The people cried 'Crucify him.' Then turning towards her the mob cried 'And now let us kill this foolish mother.' "They fell upon her. Still she cried aloud, rejoicing that she had given her dearest treasure for the Cause of God--and they beat her till she, too, died." Lady Blomfield : The Chosen Highway

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"...With the rank of Minister (Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary in the language of the day), Khan had been made a member of Persia's Peace Delegation to the Conference at Versailles, where so many of the world's powerful were bound, to end the Great War. (This was its name then. Obviously it was not called World War I.) Florence was jubilant. 'The tremendous promotion', she wrote Miriam Haney on December 26, 1918, 'is a long prophesied event in his life.‘Abdu’l-Bahá, twenty-two years ago, foretold this day, when Khan would become a "Voice of Guidance" between the East and West, and the "First Standard Bearer" ... a great international task. And now, as a Bahá’í, he wins out against long opposition; and goes as one of several, to direct the destinies of his people and nation.' Marzieh Gail : Arches of the Years

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
[2. See The Oath of Muhammad to the Followers of the Nazarene, tr. by Anton F. Haddad, 1902; Published by Bahá'í Board of Counsel, N. Y. Written by 'Ali and signed by twenty-two leading companions of the Prophet this was issued to the monks of St. Catherine at Mt. Sinai; for Arabic version, see Sunnajatu't-Tarab by Naufal Effendi Naufal: "This letter is directed to the embracers of Islam...as a Covenant to the followers of the Nazarene...who disobeys that which is therein will be regarded as one who has corrupted His Testament, rejected His Authority, despised His Religion, and made himself deserving of His Curse... Whenever monks, devotees and pilgrims gather together...Verily we are back of them and shall protect them, and their properties..." Exempted from all but a voluntary tax "they must not be offended, or disturbed, or coerced or compelled." Their judges and monks are to be free, no churches are to be plundered, no poll taxes are to be imposed on those whose occupation is worship (judges, monks) "Verily I shall keep their compact in the East or the West, in the North or the South, for they are under My protection and the testament of My safety, against all things which they abhor " The wealthy and able were to pay the about 12 dirhems a year poll tax, but none were to be obliged to carry arms, "for the Muslims have to fight for them " "Do not dispute or argue with them " No Christian woman is to marry a Muslim without her consent; she is not to be prevented from going to her church for prayer..." The Muslims must protect them and defend them against others. It is positively incumbent upon everyone of the Muslim nations not to contradict or disobey this oath until the Day of Resurrection...."] Marzieh Gail : Six Lessons on Islam

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
"..Mt. Carmel is about twenty-two miles long and stretches from east to west, coming to an abrupt end on reaching the Bay of Haifa where it presents a steep rampart, falling away to sea level. On the summit of the western end of this rampart the newly-created religious order of Our Lady of Mount Carmel built, in the twelfth century, the monastery Stella Maris, on land granted by King Baldwin of Jerusalem after the conquest of that city in 1099. He was the brother of Godfrey of Bouillon, one of the leaders of the First Crusade. There is no doubt that during all the intervening centuries the voices of those pious monks were raised daily in songs to the Glory of God, invoking the coming of the Kingdom of God on earth. Seven centuries were to elapse before the realization of mankind's hope, with the appearance of Bahá'u'lláh, the Redeemer, on that spot and the establishment of the 'throne' of God on that holy mountain. Ugo Giachery : Shoghi Effendi - Recollections

That will do for a while :D:)

Regards Tony