• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sigh...Typical

Neo Deist

Th.D. & D.Div. h.c.
What is deism? What do deists believe?

That website is so far to the right it is not even funny. I can see it being a biased resource for the ultra conservative, but for those of us with a brain that like to think for ourselves, we can only laugh at how ridiculous some of their Q&A are.

[copy & paste insert]
"Why does God allow bad things to happen? Why does God allow the innocent to suffer? Why does God allow evil men to come to power? ...It is impossible for us to fully understand God and His ways."

The typical cop out response for non-thinkers.

Baladas

An Págánach

That website is so far to the right it is not even funny. I can see it being a biased resource for the ultra conservative, but for those of us with a brain that like to think for ourselves, we can only laugh at how ridiculous some of their Q&A are.

[copy & paste insert]
"Why does God allow bad things to happen? Why does God allow the innocent to suffer? Why does God allow evil men to come to power? ...It is impossible for us to fully understand God and His ways."

Wow. This website exudes ignorance. They have little more than a quick skim of a half-understood wiki article of knowledge regarding Deism, Pandeism and Panentheism.
After that, I couldn't bring myself to read more.

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic

[copy & paste insert]

We'd expect such answers from a site fostering revealed religion. The ones that really upset me though are the hyphenated deists, who in the name of inclusion and reaching out, dilute the reasoned underpinnings of deism so that newcomers come to associate confusion with the name, deism. I'm afraid that I cynically believe that this confusion is by design. The idea that deism is defined as a reasoned approach to God allows all this confusion. Reason goes without saying, but that's deism's method, not it's statement. Deism's one and only tenet is that if God exists, It does not interfere; at all, ever, for any reason, period. The reason for that is to maintain our free will, which is the sole purpose for creating the universe. Anything else could have been done instantly.