• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shravan Monday Shiva are fast.. ?

devandkumar11

Today is start Shravan. Each month of Shravan Monday Shiva are fast. Shiva is worshiped in the month of Shravan special legislation.

What is mean and importance of Shravan Monday Shiva fast..?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Today is start Shravan. Each month of Shravan Monday Shiva are fast. Shiva is worshiped in the month of Shravan special legislation.

What is mean and importance of Shravan Monday Shiva fast..?

Here is more information on Shravan: Shravan Month 2014

There are lots of holy days for Shiva. Shivaratri is the most important. In the north of India, most people consider Mondays as Shiva's day, whereas in the south Friday is more likely. Two days a month (pradosha) are also considered particularly auspicious.

For people like me, all days are Shiva's day, but some are more important than others.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Wow, you Hindus are impressive!. Hey Devandkumar, can you do that?!
That was impressive even for me here in India. Balancing on a boat, crossing on a plank, then going up some 30 or 40 steps on the river bank and perhaps more walking and climbing to the place where the construction is going on. And I do not know what the temperature or humidity he was working with. See what poverty makes one do. For lunch he would probably have a stack of tortillas (rotis) and dal, or probably just onions and green chilies. Are his children going to school? I hope their situation improves.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yes, no non-vegetarian dishes in September (at home. I won't go out without the family). Wife fasts on Mondays. I don't. I cannot. Namah Shivaya. He made me like that. May Lord Shiva excuse me.