• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Show what God gave you

sovietchild

Show what God gave you, prophet Muhammad once said. There is a story of a wealthy man (businessman) who owned a land in Medina. One time prophet Muhammad saw him in the market place, his (wealthy man) thobe was dirty and had holes in it. So, Muhammad told him to go and buy a new thobe. Show what God gave you.

In some other religions, I heard something like if you have wealth then don’t show it?

What do you guys think?

In Dubai for example, rich people like to buy license plates.

Indian Buys $9 Million Dubai License Plate for Rolls-Royce

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/feat...eatures/dubais-most-expensive-license-plates/

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Show what God gave you, prophet Muhammad once said. There is a story of a wealthy man (businessman) who owned a land in Medina. One time prophet Muhammad saw him in the market place, his (wealthy man) thobe was dirty and had holes in it. So, Muhammad told him to go and buy a new thobe. Show what God gave you.

In some other religions, I heard something like if you have wealth then don’t show it?

What do you guys think?

http://blog.dupontregistry.com/feat...eatures/dubais-most-expensive-license-plates/

Can I show my naked legs and blonde hair?

Assuming they come from God, obviously.

Ciao

- viole

interminable

منتظر
Can I show my naked legs and blonde hair?

Assuming they come from God, obviously.

Ciao

- viole
U know better than me that the answer is No

This hadith is talking about those who have wealth and don't use it thinking they are ascetic or maybe they are greedy and ... Or a man has a beautiful hair but always shaves it in both cases they can use their health and beauty for their family. Some are talented but laziness doesn't let them do science
And about women God gave them modesty so they should show their modesty to others.

Understanding hadith is like the Qur'an .a person needs to be an expert to gather hadiths together and then conclude

Last edited:

sovietchild

God created diseases so why would god care about those who pray to him to help heal them? Think about.

And We send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe… (Quran, Surah Al-Israa, 17:82)

the prophet (s.a.w.) said the following:

“For every disease there is a medicine, and if that medicine is applied to the disease, he will recover by Allah’s Leave.” And he (s.a.w.) said: “Allah has not sent down any disease but He has also sent down the cure; the one who knows it, knows it and the one who does not know it, does not know it.”

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What do you guys think?

I don't understand the nature of the question. I do like how Nichiren Shonin's (A Ten Tai Buddhist Monk) disciples (edit) visit him in prison and gave him warm clothing and food at expense of their lives. I also put high admirence of an individual who can fight for his word against many who disgree with him.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
And We send down of the Quran that which is a healing and a mercy to those who believe… (Quran, Surah Al-Israa, 17:82)

the prophet (s.a.w.) said the following:

“For every disease there is a medicine, and if that medicine is applied to the disease, he will recover by Allah’s Leave.” And he (s.a.w.) said: “Allah has not sent down any disease but He has also sent down the cure; the one who knows it, knows it and the one who does not know it, does not know it.”
I honestly don't believe that. Isn't god the creator of many things?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
U know better than me that the answer is No

This hadith is talking about those who have wealth and don't use it thinking they are ascetic or maybe they are greedy and ... Or a man has a beautiful hair but always shaves it in both cases they can use their health and beauty for their family. Some are talented but laziness doesn't let them do science
And about women God gave them modesty so they should show their modesty to others.

Understanding hadith is like the Qur'an .a person needs to be an expert to gather hadiths together and then conclude

Modesty = covering women's hair, whilst personalised number plates = praising God?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly I just found out about it few days ago. It kinda shows your wealth when you do it. Does it not? We don't know how much charity those people gave. They know the best charity is when it's done in private.

I have no issue with personalized number plates, although I couldn't imagine ever getting them. But then again, I also have no issue with hair. God seems strangely incoherent and a little on the misogynistic spectrum.

sovietchild

Must be from the same dumb collection of Hadith that has the stupid dog hating teachings. It's crap like that why, if I were Muslim, I'd be a Qur'an-only Muslim.

Quran is a reminder and nothing else. A Muslim is not some one who submits to Quran. "Muslim" is an Arabic word meaning "one who submits (to God)".