• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shouldn't we all be involved in interfaith?

I am not best at putting it in the right words, but I really think this TEDx talk says it well. Interfaith isn't just for
Priests, Vicars, Imams, Rabbis and other religious clerics, but for us all. If you have time you can watch:

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I should hope we can at least get along. Each community can stick to their own, but that doesn't justify mistreating another community.

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not best at putting it in the right words, but I really think this TEDx talk says it well. Interfaith isn't just for
Priests, Vicars, Imams, Rabbis and other religious clerics, but for us all. If you have time you can watch:
5 reasons given in the video for participating in interfaith:
1. UK Henry VIII sets up his own church so that he may divorce. Its difficult for minor faith groups to interact with their larger group.
2. Society is multi-faith, even in non-religious places. There also remains a deep religious attachment in terms of identity.
3. There are issues that religious people need to talk about which are controversial. Interfaith exists as a channel for this conversation. Interfaith can work against religious prejudice. They also have problems to address and can share in healing and solving problems.
4. All the great faiths share some great teachings in common. He alleges there are common principles among them.
5. He says all the faiths enrich society, contributing interesting independent things. I may have misunderstood this point. He may have been talking about how they are a source of leaders. See video for clarification.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In my own understanding it is important to keep study only one teaching to gain higher wisdom from the teaching, but to be in a community with multi religioues people that, can be good too, but if we start taking part of their teaching and mixing it with our own practice, that is not good for us.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Welcome Florence, I say unity in our diversity is the way forward, so working together for the good of All, is a worthy goal.

Regards Tony