• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shouldn't love and compassion be extended to all sentient beings...

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Sensitive topic: pregnant mothers eating red meat, tuna, fish w/ mercury => childhood disease ?
Yes, indeed, very sensitive (Disclaimer: IF you are the sensitive stomach type THEN skip this post)

This is how I see this (my opinion):
Creation is perfect. Man has given the freedom to mess things up, blaming God after messing up themselves I call irresponsible and immature
All people want Freedom, the more the better. It's provided, they mess up more, and blame God, forgetting that they cried for more Freedom

Some people blame God for diseases like childhood cancer. They have no clue about creation, how nature works, though it's so simple

Most men know that you should not put diesel in a petrol car. IF you ignore these simple rules, you destroy your engine. Do you blame God?
Our body is like a car. Wrong fuel, now called diet, you destroy your engine, now called heart, blood and other organs. Do you blame God?
Ayurveda describes most diseases quite in detail. Which foods are likely to create diseases like cancer, and which not.

Humans better realize, that it's not God who is judging us, it's only humans who are doing the judging
We are our own judge and executioner, mostly because of faulty eating/drinking habits, and partly because of emotional/mental unbalances

And all educated people know: If you really love yourself, you eat the best foods, so that you can live long and healthy

Last edited:

PruePhillip

Yesterday, as I was arriving from the market after buying a pair of slippers, I stopped at a scenic place full of greenery and with young buffalo calves tied to trees. As I was enjoying the scene I found that there was a slaughterhouse in a nearby building and the animals were actually meant for slaughter. :eek:

Having seen a few youtube videos recently on the brutality of animal slaughter in slaughterhouses, I sympathized with the young calves and felt sorry for them. One of the calves was bleating a lot repeatedly indicating stress, and I went forward to it hoping to comfort it a bit.

Interestingly, the calf, seeing me coming near, itself came near to me indicating interest in sociability and companionship.

I stroked his face lovingly for some time, at which he visibly relaxed. He poked his face at me for some more strokes which I obliged. The continuous bleating stopped, and he started eating the grass around staying next to me, peacefully.

While stroking, I was surprised to see a clear dark line of tear streams from his eyes to the lower part of his face. I wondered whether this was actually tears of emotion, or tears associated with eye infection or hormonal biochemical changes or something.

(Checking the internet today I found that there had been an instance of a calf visibly crying after its mother was knocked down dead by a truck while crossing a road.There were similar articles in this regard.

Buffalo calf cries after mother gets hit by car and lies dead on Romanian roadside )

Later reflecting on this experience, I remembered a orphaned girl I met a decade back, and whose head I stroked affectionately. She had similarly and very tangibly relaxed after a single friendly stroke on the head.

Imo, based on these experiences, children, whether human or animal, are quite sensitive and insecure when without their family, and suffer from high stress levels.

I think, in terms of animal rights, young calves should be exempt from slaughter at least till they had matured or grown up.

Returning back I was glad that I had turned to vegetarianism and was not contributing to animal slaughter in this regard.

I feel that the tree the calf was tied to. No living creature deserves to be treated as a pole.

nPeace

Veteran Member
In your view, should we put any of our time in this life toward trying to help others avoid tears and pain? Or do such things in this life not matter to you because you believe there to be "exquisite delight" in a "next life?"
Do all we can to help.
Do you consider spiritual help a waste of time, in that regard?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I prefer to focus on what we can do, our best, and less on our manifest shortcomings.
I surely wouldn't encourage focusing on shortcomings, but from my experienced with people who try to shut out reality they are usually the ones that become less concerned with the things that relate to future realities, and more focused on pursuits that tend to lead them on the path of disappointment.
Maybe you will be an exception, but that doesn't seem likely to me.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
One can try to minimize the suffering of their prey; quick and painless as possible.
decades ago I watched a silent documentary about the meat processing of beef
no narration

at the moment of demise an air piston is used to kill the cow
and the body is allowed to fall over
the initial reaction appears to be immediate rigor

the rest of the process is ......meat packing

it would seem the industry has it down to a fine art

sort of

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
One can try to minimize the suffering of their prey; quick and painless as possible. Not difficult to understand.
btw......cats play with mice
and not out of hunger

killer whales have been filmed tossing seals around
before consuming them

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
decades ago I watch a silent documentary about the meat processing of beef
no narration

at the moment of demise an air piston is used to kill the cow
and the body is allowed to fall over
the initial reaction appears to be immediate rigor

the rest of the process is ......meat packing

it would seem the industry has it down to a fine art

sort of
Still, the conditions they lived in before the slaughter are concerning.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Father spiritually said to me if life were not bad enough then we began eating flesh.

He told me when bush life nature food was irradiated burnt two balanced season wing advice cross+LL wings of cornerstone changed.

Inference pyramid sides angles.

Season changed in cross we starved. Garden body irradiated would not produce food

Once we were vegetarian.

Necessity changed life meaning.