• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Women Preach the Word of God?

Mystic-als

MysticSang'ha you are totally wrong here by saying
It's been quite a while since I experimented with submitting to him, because I really did upset him
You are submitting. Don't you see this? He asked you to be yourself. So to submit to him is to be yourself.

I feel like a WOMAN, and not a child in this arrangement.
and so you should.

Because you have
a real man. :D
who isn't demasculated by the independance of his wife. But stimulated to be better.
If you feel like a WOMAN then he is doing something right.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Ah, I see what you're saying, but the issue of "submitting" was meant to be the same as "obeying", which gives my husband sole authority of the marriage.

Sure, I submit my life to him, as he submits his life to me. If that is what you meant, then we are in agreement.

But if I'm submitting to him "to be myself" only because he told me to do so, then that implies that I'm only acting like an adult because he gave me permission, and that puts me in no better a position than a child in his eyes.

Hmmmm, I guess I wasn't quite sure where you were going with your rebuttal. Can you elaborate? Or did I give an answer that helped you understand me better?

Peace,
Mystic