• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should women be allowed to belch and fart?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Why shouldn't they.
Men will fart and burp and laugh about it while women will try to hide it.
Do they hide it because of embarrassmentt or ridicule?

Both

The attitude towards women is way different on the topic of flatulence and belching, than towards men. That is my experience in real life. At this forum, it doesn't seem to show. In real life, a woman farting or belching in public generates much gossip, laughter, criticism, surprise, and shock. That is what I have seen.

It isn't "Ladylike".

Give me a break!

@JustGeorge , do you ever wish you could be more "Lady Like"? I notice even your name is masculine! :)

I think we need to let women be human beings.

We Never Know

No Slack
Both

The attitude towards women is way different on the topic of flatulence and belching, than towards men. That is my experience in real life. At this forum, it doesn't seem to show. In real life, a woman farting or belching in public generates much gossip, laughter, criticism, surprise, and shock. That is what I have seen.

It isn't "Ladylike".

Give me a break!

@JustGeorge , do you ever wish you could be more "Lady Like"? I notice even your name is masculine! :)

I think we need to let women be human beings.

Is it gentlemen like to belch and fart aloud?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

Nope! I like being the way I am.

Actually, when I had a social life, it was somewhat of a parlor trick. I very much look like a woman, but after an hour or two in the company of a male who didn't know me well "Hey, you're not really a girl, are you!" inevitably came out. It always made me smile.

To counterbalance me, I ended up marrying a man who is pretty girlie. Like me, he appears to be very much of his own gender...but then you get to know him...

I had a friend recently transition MtoF. That was fine, but then she started talking about getting nails done, and girls night out, and I had to lay some boundaries... I told her "I'm happy you feel comfortable in your skin now, but if you want to do girly kinds of things, you're going to have to do them with Sam(my husband)." (We all had a good laugh.)

We Never Know

No Slack
I wouldn't say gentlemen no.

But it is far more acceptable when a traditional gentleman farts than when a "Lady Like" prom Queen lets one rip.

So its not just about male and female, its about gentlemen and ladies aren't supposed to belch or fart aloud but redneck Larry and Mary can?

Spiderman

Veteran Member
So its not just about male and female, its about gentlemen and ladies aren't supposed to belch or fart aloud but redneck Larry and Mary can?

I've seen it's more acceptable for a gentleman to fart than a Lady. There is a huge double standard. Just what I have seen. Maybe you have had a different experience

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

My mom is a redneck.

She'd probably catch a little bit of flack for farting...until the drinking commences. And then it would probably be silly.

We Never Know

No Slack
I've seen it's more acceptable for a gentleman to fart than a Lady. There is a huge double standard. Just what I have seen. Maybe you have had a different experience

We all drink and eat, so we all fart and belch. Some hide it, some flaunt it, some are embarassed and some judge.

Fallen Prophet

I mean , how do you feel about women belching or farting around you?

My experience is there is a huge double standard.

We were in chemical dependency group and the female chemical dependancy counselor let one rip really loudly while she was speaking about recovery, and the whole room is shocked an in disbelief. After group, no one can stop talking about it.

If it had been a guy farting, no big deal or shock, right?

Personally, I like a girl/woman to burp or fart around me without shame or guilt, because it breaks the ice and makes her more approachable.

It shows she isn't a superficial actress (fake).

I knew two pretty girls in my lifetime who could belch way louder than me. I was impressed and find it endearing. :D. One of them burped quite frequently and loudly actually more than anyone I know.

We need to stop shaming people for being human!
I believe that all of us should try to do those things quietly while in public. It can make people uncomfortable.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Well it all depend on whether they are doing it on purpose or its just a spontaneous body function - I would be just as discussed with a women as I am with a man who intentionally farts or belch in public for attention.