• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should We Burn Bunnies for Fuel?

Burn bunnies for Fuel?

• Yes

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Heyo

Veteran Member
*peers suspiciously*

Trying to work out if you're serious here...never can tell with you furriner-types...

Just in case you're not joking, dingoes have been in Australia at least 4000 years, with some estimating double that. Rabbits have been here 200 years.
Only half joking. I remember you having introduced predators to control pests which backfired as the predators became pests themselves. Weren't the cane toads such an experiment?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
A scatter gun? How unsporting. I like a .22 caliber for small game. Or I used to back in the day. No pellets.

I've hunted for food in my day, but purely with a bow...apart from one memorable occassion my weapon of choice was a Toyota Landcruiser.

So your .22 looks like cheating.

;)

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Only half joking. I remember you having introduced predators to control pests which backfired as the predators became pests themselves. Weren't the cane toads such an experiment?

Oh yes indeedy. It's even worse if you add in flora as well.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I must have used up my free views for the month. Do bunnies have a high fat content?
No. On the contrary, rabbit meat is very lean. That's why one cooks them with bacon. And very good it is, too, as well as being better for the environment than raising ruminants for meat.;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He can come stay on my farm, rabbits aren't Kosher (being rodents) and I only eat poultry anyways. You monsters. ;)
Rabbits ARE poultry. Surely you have heard of the Easter Bu . . .oh wait, kosher . . . maybe you missed out on that. Sorry, didn't mean to bring up any social sore points:oops:

exchemist

Veteran Member
There's rabbit propaganda going around that claims they're no longer classified in the Rodentia order because they have extra teeth and eat their own poop. I don't believe it, they're rats with big ears.

Is a Rabbit a Type of Rodent? | New Ulm Vets
They are lagomorphs, not rodents. Lagomorphs and rodents together form a clade called Glires, apparently (I had to look that up). So they are more closely related to rodents than to other mammals.

But that link is weird. Asking whether rabbit are rodents or mammals is extraordinarily stupid. It's like asking whether trout are in the salmon family or fish. :confused:

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
They are lagomorphs, not rodents. Lagomorphs and rodents together form a clade called Glires, apparently (I had to look that up). So they are more closely related to rodents than to other mammals.

But that link is weird. Asking whether rabbit are rodents or mammals is extraordinarily stupid. It's like asking whether trout are in the salmon family or fish. :confused:

Yup, I posted the wrong link, meant to post the Wikipedia link but it's all evil rabbit propaganda. They're rats with big ears.