• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we allow this in Europe?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It is valid to criticize of any school which fosters homophobic beliefs sure.

It's not that the criticism is illegitimate, it's that the fact that the criticism is being directed primarily at Muslim schools (a minority of religious schools,) and not say - fundamentalist christian schools.

So you are saying that it is an unfair emphasis?

Personally, while I am indeed very far away from the situation, nonetheless I doubt it very much. The circunstantial evidence is much too coherent. While there may well be non-Muslim schools in there that teach homophoby, I trust that those are subject to effective counterbalances to make their damage much diminished.

But if I am mistaken, then so be it. I welcome indications to the contrary, as long as there is some substance and evidence to them.

Focusing on islamic schools specifically when there is such a profound presence of homophobia in other abrahamic faiths which are more common than Islam is clearly indicative of a personal agenda to me.
How significant the effects of those other - so far hypothetical, as I understand it - schools and their teachings are in this matter?

How significant do you know, expect or believe them to be?

Do you believe or expect that they will be roughly as lacking in counterbalances as the Madrassas (Islaamic schools) are?

Do you acknowledge that Muslims in European countries tend to keep apart in a way that Christians and even Jewish People hardly ever do?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Imo, it was designed intention to create a conflict between LGBT community and Islam in Europe, right now it is hard to avoid....
All the more so when Islaam is so homophobic at its core, you know.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Outward and inward values, traditions vs spiritual, kind of all religions problem.
Spell it out to me, please.

How do you see that applying here? What _is_ exactly, as you see it, the relationship between Islaam and homophoby, if any?

leov

Spell it out to me, please.

How do you see that applying here? What _is_ exactly, as you see it, the relationship between Islaam and homophoby, if any?
Inward deals spiritual matters of enlightenment outward deals with behavior -
Do do this don't do that....fundamental side of any religion would not be involved with figuring out reasons of the order but just following the order, Gnostic side would think about reasons of the order

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Inward deals spiritual matters of enlightenment outward deals with behavior -
Do do this don't do that....fundamental side of any religion would not be involved with figuring out reasons of the order but just following the order, Gnostic side would think about reasons of the order
"Following the order"?

I don't think that qualifies as religious practice, personally, but if you do, best of luck.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
You assume that the Christian schools have effective counter-balances but Muslim one's don't? Why?

Because Christianity is at this point effectively understood and overlooked by larger society, and that removed much of its nastier aspects. A secondary factor is that it is lacks the self-imposition of stagnation of doctrine that Islaam has.

Meanwhile, Muslim communities go out of their way not to integrate, and hold at best ambiguous stances towards secular authorities. And that is assuming that they do not much engage in Taqiya these days, which I would not dare to.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
What is desert mentality?
I think that it may be an alternate name for tribal ethics. Which have the major limitation of being entirely unsuitable for larger communities and even more as global references.

Nyingjé Tso

Tänpa Yungdrung zhab pä tän gyur jig
Vanakkam

Aside for the facts already stated by other members that it's from an unreliable rascist source, I don't see the problem with islamic schools.

We have catholic private schools, should we make up some dirt about them ? Or are they a-ok because they are Christians so they can't be bad guys ?

I had four 9y/o students going to islamic schools on weekends and wednesday afternoon. They were learning arabic and studying the Koran, that's it. Not learning to hate western people, make bombs or hate gays.

Actually they were the one defending my openly gay student against his bullies.

His bullies were mostly girls and catholic boys.

Those four students were the sweetest. But that must hide something terrible or must be a lie because Muslims are all terrorists and horrible murder-rapey people, according to you and your numerous threads about how Europe is doomed because AAA MUSLIIMS

I trust my expérience with actual muslim people rather than a far right rascist news site, sorry

Not saying all Muslims are like those four students, just saying that islamic schools are not the problem.

Aum Namah Shivaya

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Additionally, the OP of this thread has liked my post where I accuse him of a slanted attack on Muslims (#52), so I'm not entirely sure why you can't admit that's what he's doing.
It may help if you do not expect us to be acting under a shared command center or something.