• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should there be harmony between science and religion?

Are religion and science in harmony?

• Total voters

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Where is the evidence for this? You start with an unproved premise.

Everything has a context. The context of OP statement is to counter myth and superstitition within religion, especially when it becomes harmful. So if truth and reality are important, then religion and faith needs to support truth and reality.

The strength of an atheistic worldview is its rejection of myth. Its weakenss that it leads to materialism and rejection of theism. If God and the Eternal soul don't exist then it matters not. If God and the soul do exist then materialism negates our purpose of life.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
No, Adrian009, atheists are just as spiritual as the theists, otherwise you would not have found atheists participating in these discussions. Actually, atheists have a broader knowledge covering all religions. Before becoming atheists, they have checked these things. Also, not all atheists have materialistic attitude, they generally are nature-loving people. The atheists will willingly accept God if any theist provides any solid evidence for existence of soul or God; or that their God sent prophets, sons, messengers, manifestations and mahdis. The problem is that no theist till now has done that. There are just claims, claims and claims.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I am happy to see you happy
I hope the whole world is happy
God's mercy covers all creatures

thank you brother
Muslims believe in the incapacity of Jesus to divinity or that he is God, and that GOSPEL has misled the facts
This is very painful when I find my brothers on the way far from the truth (in my opinion)
I want to emphasize the important issue
It is not necessary to serve my interests or be in my side as much as it is important to be on truth

The Qur'an says that the Trinity is a modern idea of mankind
Qur'an warns against following Trinity or jesus became god

After I looked logically into the subject and told you the logic Comparisons in the last replied

GOD bless you
amen
The Bible does not teach the Trinity, It is a doctrine of religion.
The Bible teaches that God is one. The Gospels teach that God is one. Jesus and his apostles taught that God is one.
Religion teaches that God is three - not the Bible, nor Jesus. Do you understand?
It is religion, not the Bible, that you have a quarrel with. Am I right?

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Had we taken the view that some questions will never be answered we would not have been able to land on moon.
Skeptics do deny the existence of Gods, and no believer till now has ever been able to prove the existence of God or claims of some people of being a prophet, son, messenger, manifestation or mahdi from this imaginary God. You think that a God is necessary for creation because you have not studied science.

Where is the evidence for this? You start with an unproved premise.
To believe in existence of God - and why only one that you suggest, is hardly logic.
Then, why are you posting in a public forum?
You are putting limits to what God should do or what he should not do. Is He the God or You?

I entered the forum to share with kindness rather than rudeness
I want to share the point of view, not the sterile argument, that's what I mean

We start from the one in the count
And one is the origin of existence is also the major manufacturer and creator for every things
The existence of the universe, the sun and the stars, necessitates the presence of a maker
I am not convinced of the words that there is no scientific evidence to say the least of a maker
My words are very logical and vital

good luck

Last edited:

j1i

The Bible does not teach the Trinity, It is a doctrine of religion.
The Bible teaches that God is one. The Gospels teach that God is one. Jesus and his apostles taught that God is one.
Religion teaches that God is three - not the Bible, nor Jesus. Do you understand?
It is religion, not the Bible, that you have a quarrel with. Am I right?

Sorry for bothering my brother
I understood the signal you sent
Thank you
May God bless you
I love you in God :relaxed:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
And one is the origin of existence is also the major manufacturer and creator for every thingsThe existence of the universe, the sun and the stars, necessitates the presence of a maker.
What you are saying belongs to 1,000 BC. The world has advanced much further than that. As a beginning, you might read this: Big Bang - Wikipedia

j1i

What you are saying belongs to 1,000 BC. The world has advanced much further than that. As a beginning, you might read this: Big Bang - Wikipedia

If you mean that God after the Great Bang
Who made the mass before the Big Bang
Oh, there is maker which is GOD
So that was not GOD after bigbang (fake god) 1000 BC
If you says the natures make mass of bing bang
So who made the natures who is maker ?

This is extremely logically
Look at this
Imgur: The magic of the Internet
The triangle ends up to one, at the top
One fact is that the Creator is one

Note there is in quran somthing like bingbang
Al-Anbiyaa 21: 30

Did the disbelievers not observe that the heavens and the earth were closed, then We opened them? And We created from water every living thing. Would they still not believe?

But leave quran and prophets
I just want dialogue about the existence of God

I hope you answer me clearly
Who made the mass of big bang ☺️
GOD bless you
Amen

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"A widely supported hypothesis in modern physics is the zero-energy universe which states that the total amount of energy in the universe is exactly zero. It has been argued that this is the only kind of universe that could come from nothing. Such a universe would have to be flat in shape, a state which does not contradict current observations that the universe is flat with a 0.5% margin of error.
The paper "Spontaneous creation of the Universe Ex Nihilo" provides a model for a way the Universe could have been created from pure 'nothing' in information terms."
Ex nihilo - Wikipedia

Get some science education. It is not difficult to find things on internet.

Looncall

If you mean that God after the Great Bang
Who made the mass before the Big Bang
Oh, there is maker which is GOD
So that was not GOD after bigbang (fake god) 1000 BC
If you says the natures make mass of bing bang
So who made the natures who is maker ?

This is extremely logically
Look at this
The triangle ends up to one, at the top
One fact is that the Creator is one

Note there is in quran somthing like bingbang
Al-Anbiyaa 21: 30

Did the disbelievers not observe that the heavens and the earth were closed, then We opened them? And We created from water every living thing. Would they still not believe?

But leave quran and prophets
I just want dialogue about the existence of God

I hope you answer me clearly
Who made the mass of big bang ☺️
GOD bless you
Amen

How do you know there was a"who" involved in the big bang? What is your evidence?

j1i

How do you know there was a"who" involved in the big bang? What is your evidence?

"A widely supported hypothesis in modern physics is the zero-energy universe which states that the total amount of energy in the universe is exactly zero. It has been argued that this is the only kind of universe that could come from nothing. Such a universe would have to be flat in shape, a state which does not contradict current observations that the universe is flat with a 0.5% margin of error.
The paper "Spontaneous creation of the Universe Ex Nihilo" provides a model for a way the Universe could have been created from pure 'nothing' in information terms."
Ex nihilo - Wikipedia

Get some science education. It is not difficult to find things on internet.

Welcome, welcome dear brothers
I enjoy talking with you and feel happy and I do not want to cause you trouble
I hope you spend the most beautiful time with friends and loved ones
I wish you a good life

lets start

We know that every movement has due to the causative
In science every movement has an explanation
if we looking for a start of all beginnings we will find at the end the maximum Primitive which its (CREATOR)
In previous civilizations which (Powerful and influential) , you will find pyramid buildings where worship is built
You will also find in many religions and primitive peoples a sign that God is above heaven
It does not matter whether their worship is directed to true God or false God
But the semantic sign shows that the existence of the pyramids indicates that the merit of worship is the unity of the last piece above the pyramid

look at this picture
93NfHT6

It is beautiful that science reaches global realities
But the question of who created these techniques ( Ex Nihilo) in the universe
We know that the universe is not only the realm of God and that god not transcends the universe
The universe is that a device such as Bluetooth or smart phone in the hands of a person shows pictures of nothing and plays music without music devices

In the end, the answers will guide us to the first (which is the major manufacturer)
We believe in the existence of the first (GOD) before above all and all what will discover it

God bless you, who the exist who made all existences :rolleyes:
AMEN :glomp:

Last edited:

Looncall

Welcome, welcome dear brothers
I enjoy talking with you and feel happy and I do not want to cause you trouble
I hope you spend the most beautiful time with friends and loved ones
I wish you a good life

lets start

We know that every movement has due to the causative
In science every movement has an explanation
if we looking for a start of all beginnings we will find at the end the maximum Primitive which its (CREATOR)
In previous civilizations which (Powerful and influential) , you will find pyramid buildings where worship is built
You will also find in many religions and primitive peoples a sign that God is above heaven
It does not matter whether their worship is directed to true God or false God
But the semantic sign shows that the existence of the pyramids indicates that the merit of worship is the unity of the last piece above the pyramid

look at this picture

It is beautiful that science reaches global realities
But the question of who created these techniques ( Ex Nihilo) in the universe
We know that the universe is not only the realm of God and that god not transcends the universe
The universe is that a device such as Bluetooth or smart phone in the hands of a person shows pictures of nothing and plays music without music devices

In the end, the answers will guide us to the first (which is the major manufacturer)
We believe in the existence of the first (GOD) before above all and all what will discover it

God bless you, who the exist who made all existences :rolleyes:
AMEN :glomp:

No evidence, just superstitious blather.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
93NfHT6
But the question of who created these techniques (Ex Nihilo) in the universe
We believe in the existence of the first (GOD) before above all and all what will discover it.
You are most welcome to believe in whatever you want to believe. You know the "magic of Internet" but you ignore the "Magic of science" which has sent probes beyond the solar system or enabled us to fight diseases like cancer or made heart, liver and kidney transplantation possible. I hope that even if you have not learned it, your children will learn it.

Milton Platt

Thank you brother for sharing and this kindness of you
And excuse me for the weakness of English
I respect your brother's opinion, but leave me unleashed to express my feelings :rolleyes:

Science is the basis of research of knowledge of God
There are some questions that will never ever be answered or get answers, what ever how the science develops

The skeptics cannot deny creator (maker)
The believers can prove God (creator) (maker)

I cannot prove that i'm the son of my father and mother because I have not seen birth of the synthesis
We cannot also watch electricity moving between wires but we can confirm its existence

All these substances in the vast universe have a maker (causing)
It is not reasonable to say that cars made without maker, this is a non-scientific
Well its unreasonable to say that universe made from a non-maker
I cannot prove that the car was made from animals that are poorly of Sensory perception and knowledge

The presence of objects in the cosmos is evidence of a sane maker (compos mentis)
On the whole these are Knowledge facts I can not ignore because I use my mind effectively

There is a difference between logical facts and desires
The desire of mankind in general loves to deny, not to thank even parents and respect them

GOD bless you
amen :)

You are free, of course, to hold any belief you wish.

Science does not support the existence of your god. There is not a single peer reviewed scientific paper that has as its conclusion, "Therefore god exists". If you have a link to such a paper, please provide it.

People not only can but do deny the existence of your god. That is a fact.

If believers in a particular god could demonstrate the existence of said god, they surely would have by now. They have had thousands of years to produce the evidence. That evidence has not been produced.

How do you know the substances in the universe have a maker? Evidence is needed to support the assertion.

We know a car has a maker because we are the maker. That is as far as that line of reasoning can carry you. You cannot then say that because cars are manufactured, that the universe is manufactured in the same manner.

Yes, we can do controlled, repeatable experiments to test electrical theory. Good point. Unfortunately, there are non such tests that can be done to verify the existence of your god. That is the difference between electricity and you god. We can demonstrate the existence of electrical current. We cannot demonstrate the existence of your god.
If you believe we can conduct such experiments, please outline briefly how that might be done. What instrument would we use? What units of measurement?

Yo cannot simply assert that because the universe exists, a god exists. You have to demonstrate the existence of the god and also demonstrate that the god is the actual cause of the existence of the universe. Good luck with that.

Milton Platt

Everything has a context. The context of OP statement is to counter myth and superstitition within religion, especially when it becomes harmful. So if truth and reality are important, then religion and faith needs to support truth and reality.

The strength of an atheistic worldview is its rejection of myth. Its weakenss that it leads to materialism and rejection of theism. If God and the Eternal soul don't exist then it matters not. If God and the soul do exist then materialism negates our purpose of life.

Science is merely a set of processes used to determine the truth as nesrly as possible about the universe in which we live. It does not of necessity lead anywhere but to the answers it incovers.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
Science is merely a set of processes used to determine the truth as nesrly as possible about the universe in which we live. It does not of necessity lead anywhere but to the answers it incovers.

Both science and religion have limitations but are arguably complimentary. Religion can a a vehicle used to explore moral reality but is a blunt instrument when it comes to scientific discoveries. Science on the other hand doesn't provide all the answers for the moral truths we need to navigate this life.

j1i

Both science and religion have limitations but are arguably complimentary. Religion can a a vehicle used to explore moral reality but is a blunt instrument when it comes to scientific discoveries. Science on the other hand doesn't provide all the answers for the moral truths we need to navigate this life.

You are most welcome to believe in whatever you want to believe. You know the "magic of Internet" but you ignore the "Magic of science" which has sent probes beyond the solar system or enabled us to fight diseases like cancer or made heart, liver and kidney transplantation possible. I hope that even if you have not learned it, your children will learn it.

Welcome all my friends who always enjoy the dialogue with you
If you know how happy I am when I see the different tools and make me this benefit and learn
I thank you from all the depths of my heart
I am grateful to you and I hope you will accept me even if my responses are weak:rolleyes:
Forgive me for my weakness in tolerance with me :p

With science, we can investigate morals
And their impact on the state of health and psychological
You will know the positive situation that everyone accepts
The belief that God is the oldest thing in the universe makes us reassured
The existence of God on earth makes us live tense and afraid
Because it may be a play with liars with colonial political agendas
A scientific question
It is ironic to say that Earth is the center of the universe and that the sun revolves around the planet
But is it logical that God lives on the planet representing the center of the universe?
I am against the idea of claiming that God comes to earth to dwell in. This is a tragedy creating ignorance
The nations will not be pleased to prostrate to a king, from another nation on the pretext that he is God
It makes us not feel Satisfied and Jealousy

The Quran gives a conception of education
23:91. God has never begotten a son, nor is there any god besides Him. Otherwise, each god would have taken away what it has created, and some of them would have gained supremacy over others. Glory be to God, far beyond what they describe.

In the absence of scientific facts
I see the idea of the existence of God in Islam as the most logical :glomp:
The tools of science are poor here like the poverty of the universe with oxygen
It is normal to emulate our feelings and use other senses

with full respect :hugehug:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The belief that God is the oldest thing in the universe makes us reassured.
Yeah, that is what people who cannot stand for themselves need, 'the divine crutches'. We quite understand it and can live with it. You need assurance that you would get help from the sky when you need it and an eternal life in heaven after death, even if it is imaginary. We, the unbelievers, do not need any such assurance or 'crutches'.
Science on the other hand doesn't provide all the answers for the moral truths we need to navigate this life.
One does not need science to be moral, one needs to be responsible to the society, to be civil. One does not need a God for that.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Everything has a context. The context of OP statement is to counter myth and superstitition within religion, .........
At this time (in the UK) we are discovering that there has been (and is) a whole bundle of myth and superstition within 'science'. Instrumentation in the medical world is suddenly reported to be under intense scrutiny, many manufacturers have been producing instruments within vehicles (for example) to deceive testing equipment, and there is no part of 'science' that can be auto-trusted.

The strength of an atheistic worldview is its rejection of myth. Its weakenss that it leads to materialism and rejection of theism.
No....... it's weakness is just materialism, the rejection of Theism is a positive blessing.

If God and the Eternal soul don't exist then it matters not. If God and the soul do exist then materialism negates our purpose of life.
I have heard of religions that put most of materialism aside, but that cannot be said of Bahai or any Abrahamic religions.

Bahai and Bahais both seem to be well steeped in Mammon.

j1i

Yeah, that is what people who cannot stand for themselves need, 'the divine crutches'. We quite understand it and can live with it. You need assurance that you would get help from the sky when you need it and an eternal life in heaven after death, even if it is imaginary. We, the unbelievers, do not need any such assurance or 'crutches'.One does not need science to be moral, one needs to be responsible to the society, to be civil. One does not need a God for that.

He who created you gave you legs until you walked without the crutch

Since we can not deny the kindness of the mother
we must not deny God, who gave you generosity
If we go back to the chronology of events
You will find yourself not something previously

Note
We hold the faith of ex-ancestors
This is not a our idea but a belief doctrine inherited from the very old generations
There are human beings who lived in second places and invented religious ideas

Older sources refer to the Existence on faith in God which is the first
Through the investigation tracking system
Such as the motion of planets and galaxies

freedom is your choice :rolleyes: i don't trust Atheists views

Last edited:

j1i

At this time (in the UK) we are discovering that there has been (and is) a whole bundle of myth and superstition within 'science'. Instrumentation in the medical world is suddenly reported to be under intense scrutiny, many manufacturers have been producing instruments within vehicles (for example) to deceive testing equipment, and there is no part of 'science' that can be auto-trusted.

No....... it's weakness is just materialism, the rejection of Theism is a positive blessing.

I have heard of religions that put most of materialism aside, but that cannot be said of Bahai or any Abrahamic religions.

Bahai and Bahais both seem to be well steeped in Mammon.

hi dude (^_^)

I like your replay about the rejection of Theism is a positive blessing.

did Atheists believe in blessing
how they understand the word blessing and it Existence
Where does the blessing come from? :confused:
This means having an intelligent system
Equivalent automatic (Reward the benefactors and punish the wicked with bad luck)
This means that our manufacture is a professional manufacturer with advanced tools in the system

The Bahá'í Faith supports the ideas of Christianity and the presence of divine incarnation on earth

Therefore it is welcomed by those who had a tradition of Christian faith or non-believers

I believe it is a religion that supports the demolition of true human faith