• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the LHP DIR have a Demonolatry sub-forum?

Should a Demonolatry sub-forum be in the LHP DIR

• Yes (explain)

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No (explain)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other? (Again, please explain)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Demonolatry is different from Satanism is the respect that Satan isn't the patron deity of the religion, although they can be categorized as Satanists since Satan is an entity within Demonolatry. It's a loosely organized religion with many members being well over 30 in age. As the name would suggest, is a system based on demon "worship" (although the religion has more emphasis on respect than worship) and every Demonolater(ess) typically chooses a patron demon. It's very polytheistic and takes deities from old Christian grimores and legends, as well as the Geotia and other sources about demons. Many Demonolaters believe that demons became labeled as evil under the influence of Christianity in Europe and the Christian entities were once old gods of Pagan belief systems. So Demonolatry is essentially a "dark" Pagan-like sub-category of Satanic thought, but distinct from Satanism.

Should RF add a Demonolatry sub-forum?
In my opinion, which is shared by countless others,
"a system based on demon "worship" " . . . cannot be a Western LHP simply because there is no worship of any deity other than one's greater / higher Self / GodSelf in the Western LHP.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
In my opinion, which is shared by countless others,
"a system based on demon "worship" " . . . cannot be a Western LHP simply because there is no worship of any deity other than one's greater / higher Self / GodSelf in the Western LHP.
I agree with you that it is more pagan than LHP. However, I'm not sure the Pagan DIR would welcome Demonolatry there or not. Perhaps we should start a same faith debate with LHP and Pagans regarding it?

crossfire

Premium Member
I agree with you that it is more pagan than LHP. However, I'm not sure the Pagan DIR would welcome Demonolatry there or not. Perhaps we should start a same faith debate with LHP and Pagans regarding it?
I started the thread in Same Faith Debate. If someone who has access to the Pagan DIR could invite the Pagans to the debate, that would be great.

Pagan and LHP ONLY: Demonolatry

Demonolatry is different from Satanism is the respect that Satan isn't the patron deity of the religion, although they can be categorized as Satanists since Satan is an entity within Demonolatry. It's a loosely organized religion with many members being well over 30 in age. As the name would suggest, is a system based on demon "worship" (although the religion has more emphasis on respect than worship) and every Demonolater(ess) typically chooses a patron demon. It's very polytheistic and takes deities from old Christian grimores and legends, as well as the Geotia and other sources about demons. Many Demonolaters believe that demons became labeled as evil under the influence of Christianity in Europe and the Christian entities were once old gods of Pagan belief systems. So Demonolatry is essentially a "dark" Pagan-like sub-category of Satanic thought, but distinct from Satanism.

Should RF add a Demonolatry sub-forum?
Voted no. There's already enough ill defined nonsense categories in here.

crossfire

Premium Member
So far, the Pagan participants seem to agree that the worship of Dæmons is indeed a pagan practice.
...and we are getting mixed results from the Pagans, so they wouldn't be fully accepting of demonolatry there. Looks like ya'll are stuck with us heretics! :smilingimp:

Kapalika

Premium Member
No one would use it. Too many sub categories and it spreads out participation and kills a forum. We already see that here.