• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Society Ban The Abrahamic Religions And How?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
How can these divisive, misleading, tribal, anachronistic dogmatic and destructive forces be done away with without the obvious cries of outrage.

Can we really not sort this nonsense out?
No, this cannot be sorted out right now because it is not time yet. For now, people have to have their own religions, but in the future there will be only one religion and that will take care of all the divisiveness we have now.

“That which the Lord hath ordained as the sovereign remedy and mightiest instrument for the healing of all the world is the union of all its peoples in one universal Cause, one common Faith. This can in no wise be achieved except through the power of a skilled, an all-powerful and inspired Physician. This, verily, is the truth, and all else naught but error.”
The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, p. 91

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The fact that anyone would actually equate Christianity and Islam as equal running partners is so misguided.
They are not equal running partners since Islam is growing faster than Christianity, and will continue to do so.

The growth rates of the Abrahamic religions from 1910-2010 were as follows: Judaism .11%, Christianity 1.32%, Islam 1.97%, and Baha’i Faith 3.54%.

The growth rates of the Baha’i Faith were higher than Islam from 1910 to 2010 because it includes the “formative age” of the Baha’i Faith (1921-1944) FOURTH PERIOD: THE INCEPTION OF THE FORMATIVE AGE OF THE BAHÁ’Í FAITH 1921–1944

From 2000-2010 Islam became the fastest growing religion (1.86 %) and the Baha’i Faith was the second fastest growing religion (1.72%). Christianity is trailing behind at 1.31%.

Statistics from: Growth of religion - Wikipedia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Future of World Religions: Population Growth Projections, 2010-2050

Why Muslims Are Rising Fastest and the Unaffiliated Are Shrinking as a Share of the World’s Population

The religious profile of the world is rapidly changing, driven primarily by differences in fertility rates and the size of youth populations among the world’s major religions, as well as by people switching faiths. Over the next four decades, Christians will remain the largest religious group, but Islam will grow faster than any other major religion. If current trends continue, by 2050 …
  • The number of Muslims will nearly equal the number of Christians around the world.
  • Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population.
  • The global Buddhist population will be about the same size it was in 2010, while the Hindu and Jewish populations will be larger than they are today.
  • In Europe, Muslims will make up 10% of the overall population.
  • India will retain a Hindu majority but also will have the largest Muslim population of any country in the world, surpassing Indonesia.
  • In the United States, Christians will decline from more than three-quarters of the population in 2010 to two-thirds in 2050, and Judaism will no longer be the largest non-Christian religion. Muslims will be more numerous in the U.S. than people who identify as Jewish on the basis of religion.
  • Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa.
These are among the global religious trends highlighted in new demographic projections by the Pew Research Center. The projections take into account the current size and geographic distribution of the world’s major religions, age differences, fertility and mortality rates, international migration and patterns in conversion.

usfan

Maybe my discomfort with mass executions, religious extremism ,religious intolerance and hatred all over the world that is growiing daily, is the reason I am advocating this

Or, perhaps it is because you have bought the lie.. you actually seem to believe this revisionist nonsense... :shrug:

Progressive indoctrinees... :facepalm:

Cooky

Veteran Member
They are not equal running partners since Islam is growing faster than Christianity, and will continue to do so.

The growth rates of the Abrahamic religions from 1910-2010 were as follows: Judaism .11%, Christianity 1.32%, Islam 1.97%, and Baha’i Faith 3.54%.

The growth rates of the Baha’i Faith were higher than Islam from 1910 to 2010 because it includes the “formative age” of the Baha’i Faith (1921-1944) FOURTH PERIOD: THE INCEPTION OF THE FORMATIVE AGE OF THE BAHÁ’Í FAITH 1921–1944

From 2000-2010 Islam became the fastest growing religion (1.86 %) and the Baha’i Faith was the second fastest growing religion (1.72%). Christianity is trailing behind at 1.31%.

Statistics from: Growth of religion - Wikipedia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why Muslims Are Rising Fastest and the Unaffiliated Are Shrinking as a Share of the World’s Population

The religious profile of the world is rapidly changing, driven primarily by differences in fertility rates and the size of youth populations among the world’s major religions, as well as by people switching faiths. Over the next four decades, Christians will remain the largest religious group, but Islam will grow faster than any other major religion. If current trends continue, by 2050 …
  • The number of Muslims will nearly equal the number of Christians around the world.
  • Atheists, agnostics and other people who do not affiliate with any religion – though increasing in countries such as the United States and France – will make up a declining share of the world’s total population.
  • The global Buddhist population will be about the same size it was in 2010, while the Hindu and Jewish populations will be larger than they are today.
  • In Europe, Muslims will make up 10% of the overall population.
  • India will retain a Hindu majority but also will have the largest Muslim population of any country in the world, surpassing Indonesia.
  • In the United States, Christians will decline from more than three-quarters of the population in 2010 to two-thirds in 2050, and Judaism will no longer be the largest non-Christian religion. Muslims will be more numerous in the U.S. than people who identify as Jewish on the basis of religion.
  • Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa.
These are among the global religious trends highlighted in new demographic projections by the Pew Research Center. The projections take into account the current size and geographic distribution of the world’s major religions, age differences, fertility and mortality rates, international migration and patterns in conversion.

I hate Islam.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Well growing in population these days os a bad idea across the board. We live on a small planet with limited resources. 7 billion people is already far too many.

usfan

persecution complex some Christians may have.
ROFL!!
Yes, threads like this, actively calling for 'banning!' Christianity, is just an imaginary persecution complex..

LOL!

Look, Christianity has taken everything the world can dish out. It is still here. And, according to the Founder, the worst is yet to come. So it comes as no surprise that the World and its minions plot against Christianity, and plan the 'cleansing!' of humanity from this hated ideology.

For millennia, our brothers and sisters have suffered grievously for the Savior, as He called us to do. Plot openly, or in secret.. matters not to me.. :shrug:

It seems shocking to me, that in America, the bastion of freedom.. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, that such topics could be debated with genuine concern and sincerity.

All it shows me is the depths of anti-christian indoctrination that has permeated our culture. Its kind of tragic to witness the decline of a culture in real time. I would never have expected this 50 yrs ago..

dianaiad

You got it when you said the cause of all the damage caused by religion is forcing ones beliefs...
The guilt fear and religious arrogance, felt by many born and raised in these religions IS the result of the religion being forced onto them via the use of methods and doctrine designed to cause guilt fear and religious arrogance,...and in some cases extremism IMO.
They have caused great psychological damage to so many.as well as bloodshed.
And if you think banning them or editing them removes your ability to think for yourself, or think what you like then I disagree. I wonder how many thousands of yet to be born people would be so much freer, after the ban or text alterations

I see. So people are only 'free' when they believe as you do?

you want to free people to believe properly by censoring what they read?

......and you don't see the problem with that?

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
ROFL!!
Yes, threads like this, actively calling for 'banning!' Christianity, is just an imaginary persecution complex..

LOL!

Look, Christianity has taken everything the world can dish out. It is still here. And, according to the Founder, the worst is yet to come. So it comes as no surprise that the World and its minions plot against Christianity, and plan the 'cleansing!' of humanity from this hated ideology.

For millennia, our brothers and sisters have suffered grievously for the Savior, as He called us to do. Plot openly, or in secret.. matters not to me.. :shrug:

It seems shocking to me, that in America, the bastion of freedom.. RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, that such topics could be debated with genuine concern and sincerity.

All it shows me is the depths of anti-christian indoctrination that has permeated our culture. Its kind of tragic to witness the decline of a culture in real time. I would never have expected this 50 yrs ago..
I said it would feed the persecution complex some (not all) Christians are so desperate to maintain. But notice no one else on this thread has agreed. In fact most have reacted with a mixture of disgust and contempt.
Yes, so anti Christian that not a single person from any religious persuasion on here has agreed with banning Abrahamic religions. Religions plural, since Christianity isn’t the only one that’s Abrahamic and yet you focus on Christianity in your own response?

A thread on a, let’s face it, unimportant forum site is hardly indicative of Christians being persecuted. At least in the Western World. Would this pass legislation? Hell no. The Supreme Court and it’s foreign equivalents would laugh such a suggestion out of existence. Would this pass by popular vote? Ha, as if.

Girl please. Not everyone cares about Christianity. But most seem to accept the idea of religious freedom regardless. Oh yes the world is so anti Christian. Oh poor Christians.
Please. This ain’t China where you literally can claim persecution.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Ok so how about forcing the three religions to come up with a new religious book that everyone could use, with all the hatred and violence and indeed any type of prescribed harm being removed. Could that near-impossible step be the first? Bear in mind we are talking of saving countless lives here and improving the lives of countless others
Perhaps the relevant religious leaders could be brought together to implement this on pain of prosecution
((Changing the context of words can change their meanings. Sometimes words can even have opposite meanings in two different contexts. Religious leaders could teach their followers to see their scriptures in a different context, so that instead of seeing reasons in their scriptures for indulging their worst impulses, they would see their scriptures prohibiting them from doing that.))

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Ok so how about forcing the three religions to come up with a new religious book that everyone could use, with all the hatred and violence and indeed any type of prescribed harm being removed. Could that near-impossible step be the first? Bear in mind we are talking of saving countless lives here and improving the lives of countless others
Perhaps the relevant religious leaders could be brought together to implement this on pain of prosecution
((Actually some religious leaders have already been doing that voluntarily, for more than 100 years: Bahá’u’lláh and all the religious leaders who have followed Him.))
O ye that dwell on earth! The distinguishing feature that marketh the preeminent character of this Supreme Revelation consisteth in that We have, on the one hand, blotted out from the pages of God’s holy Book whatsoever hath been the cause of strife, of malice and mischief amongst the children of men, and have, on the other, laid down the essential prerequisites of concord, of understanding, of complete and enduring unity.
Gleanings from the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh | Bahá’í Reference Library

Last edited:

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@icehorse “... atheist does not always go“ ((has not ever gone)) “hand in hand with secularism” ((under any anti-theistic government or other administration.))

- FTFY

Last edited:

whirlingmerc

IMO Given the harm they do, given all the trouble caused in the world by them they should be banned, but how? People have the right to believe what they will and worship as they see fit. These are human rights, but they turn people against people, spawn extremism and give their followers a false and divisive view of the world.
How could they be banned? How can these divisive, misleading, tribal, anachronistic dogmatic and destructive forces be done away with without the obvious cries of outrage.
We would have to tread very carefully. How could it be done? What would the first steps be.
I would suggest a piecemeal ban of various passages as a start. For example everything that stirs up hatred of another religion or violence towards another should be edited out.
Is it the case that we are powerless even to take the first step in this direction because of human rights and the good (far outweighed by the bad IMO) these religions sometimes do.
Can we really not sort this nonsense out?
My solution would be to ban all the holy books and just allow Genesis up to 9:19 (everything after that is just tribal self-interest but that is unrealistic and dictatorial.
What else could be done? Just keep in mind the thousands of lives that have been lost / ruined because of these divisive forces.

The question is begging the issue that there is nothing to the promises to Abraham.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I'd drink a couple O' beers too. Eating popcorn and drinking beer is not much fun if there's nothing to watch. =O]
Watching this thread...
tenor.gif