• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should same sex marriage be legal?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Forcing my kids to get married twice, once at the church and agian at the courthouse.
It's always been that way, in my experience.
You both go to the courthouse and fill out some papers. The clerk or judge signs one, then gives you a copy. Then you take your copy to church for the wedding. Afterwards the priest or minister signs it, along with a couple of witnesses.

Then both the church and state recognize your marriage. But if you didn't go to some state office, then your marriage isn't legal.
This isn't new.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I say yes. I am bisexual, and see no reason to say otherwise.
Personally I don't see how marriage should even be a legality in the first place. I don't think laws should interfere with a person's love for another no matter what the preference is.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Personally I don't see how marriage should even be a legality in the first place. I don't think laws should interfere with a person's love for another no matter what the preference is.

Legal protections of properties and guardianship of children. There are almost 1,100 legal rights and protections a marriage license conveys that didn’t exist or weren’t necessary in the past.

Properties stayed within, or were common to families, tribes, clans. Children were looked after communally. There was no need for rights-of-survivorship. We ourselves made it necessary by making everything a legal issue.