• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Pope Francis step aside and let an African Catholic become Pope?

Should Pope Francis step aside and let an African Catholic be Pope?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

Steven Merten

I remember the last Papal selection process. The Church really wanted to select an African Catholic as Pope. The Church wanted to find a non-European for Pope, to show solidarity with all races. The Church eventually found a South American to elect as Pope. I was sad that we did not elect an African as Pope. When I first saw Pope Francis, I said, ‘Wow! Are sure Pope Francis is not a European white guy?’

What do you think? If we now could find a qualified African Catholic to be Pope, should Pope Francis now step aside and let an African Catholic be Pope, to show Catholic solidarity with all races?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
**MOD POST**

This thread is in the Catholic DIR. Posts created by non-Catholics and posts intended to provoke debate are subject to moderation under Rule 10.

Steven Merten

Pope donates $500,000 for migrants stranded in Mexico
Pope Francis has donated $500,000 (£387,000) to help migrants stranded in Mexico as they try to reach the US border, the Vatican said.
The US has put pressure on Mexico's government to stem the so-called caravans of people from Central America heading north.
Pope donates $500,000 for Mexico migrants

Do non-white South Americans have to be leaving the South American continent, headed for America, to get financial aid from Peter’s Pence Catholic Donations?

America fought our bloodiest war ever, our Civil War, where many white Americans laid down their lives to free African Americans, and bring social justice to our land. America suffered through great unrest in our Civil Rights movement of the 1960's, to bring racial social justice to America.

I do not know of any whites laying down their lives for social justice in South America. From the colonial white conquest of South America (1492-1950, 5.3 million white immigrants, while indigenous population plummets 80%), how is racial social justice going in South America? From our South American, Argentinian, Pope, we hear a great deal of how racially unjust America is, yet I hear nothing from him of any racial injustice in his homeland of Argentina, South America. We have to ask, is it because Pope Francis is from the, socioeconomic white group, of South Americans?

I think we, the Catholic Church, need an (indigenous) African Pope.

White Latin American

In many parts of Latin America being white is more a matter of socio-economic status than specific phenotypic traits, and it is often said that in Latin America "money whitens". Within Latin America there are variations in how racial boundaries have been defined. In Argentina, for example, the notion of mixture has been downplayed.

Composing from 33% to 36% of the population as of 2010, according to some sources, White Latin Americans constitute the largest racial-ethnic group in the region. White is the self-identification of many Latin Americans in some national censuses.
White Latin Americans - Wikipedia

Spanish colonization of the Americas

It is estimated that during the colonial period (1492–1832), a total of 1.86 million Spaniards settled in the Americas and a further 3.5 million immigrated during the post-colonial era (1850–1950); the estimate is 250,000 in the 16th century, and most during the 18th century as immigration was encouraged by the new Bourbon Dynasty. In contrast, the indigenous population plummeted by an estimated 80% in the first century and a half following Columbus's voyages, primarily through the spread of Afro-Eurasian diseases.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_colonization_of_the_Americas#:~:text=Beginning%20with%20the%201492%20arrival,present%20day%20Mexico%2C%20Florida%20and

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Not a fan.

Popes leaving sets a precedent for the corrupt and ambitious.

I didn't particularly like Benedict leaving and like it even less because of all the foil wearing conspiracies that surround it.

But he's been unfit with health issues so that one is at least understandable.

Steven Merten

Not a fan.

Popes leaving sets a precedent for the corrupt and ambitious.

I didn't particularly like Benedict leaving and like it even less because of all the foil wearing conspiracies that surround it.

But he's been unfit with health issues so that one is at least understandable.

Report: Benedict XVI's memoirs say 'gay lobby' tried to wield power
ROME — Former Pope Benedict says in his memoirs that no one pressured him to resign but alleges that a "gay lobby" in the Vatican had tried to influence decisions, a leading Italian newspaper reported on Friday.
Report: Benedict XVI's memoirs say 'gay lobby' tried to wield power

Vatican cops bust drug-fueled gay orgy at home of cardinal’s aide

Vatican police raided a drug-fueled gay-sex party at an apartment belonging to an aide of one of Pope Francis’ key advisers, according to a new report.
https://nypost.com/2017/07/05/vatican-cops-bust-drug-fueled-gay-orgy-at-cardinals-apartment/

The Vatican’s new corruption scandal

Prosecutors and gendarmerie staged a raid this month into the usually serene offices of the Vatican’s Secretariat of State, seizing computers and caches of documents from archives and employees. Two weeks later, the longtime head of Pope Francis’ security service resigned after leaked reports of alleged financial wrongdoing in the Vatican.
https://nypost.com/2019/10/23/the-vaticans-new-corruption-scandal/

Why do the Freemasons Love Pope Francis?

Among some Argentine traditionalist circles, it is said that Bergoglio, before becoming a bishop, disappeared for some time from circulation and was initiated into Freemasonry, then reappeared and made a career.
Why do the Freemasons Love Pope Francis? - OnePeterFive

Hello Quiddity,

I do not see how you think that Italians, in one city, controlling all our Catholic Church Power, for centuries, avoids corruption in our Church? We know that the ‘Gay Lobby’ and Freemasons want to displace Jesus, and take control of Jesus' Catholic Church.

When police raided the ‘drug fueled gay orgy at the Vatican', it was a Catholic priest who had arranged it. It was said that the young priest was on the fast track to becoming a bishop and was being groomed for a position in the Catholic Curia. Do we really need to have the Italians grooming young Italians to take over their positions in top Catholic Church Curia Power positions?

I think it is devout Catholic priests, who have served Jesus’ Church in the trenches, from all races from around the world, who should be elevated to the highest positions of Catholic Church Curia Power. Simply having all Catholic Church Power come from one city, and of one race from Italy, is a recipe for corruption in our Church.

God’s Chat with the Devil;
The Vision of Pope Leo XIII

While he was attending Mass in 1884 Pope Leo XIII reportedly had a vision and overheard a conversation between God and the devil, Satan. The conversation purported to be a request by Satan for the 75 to 100 years he needed in order to destroy the Catholic Church. God reportedly granted Satan’s request. The apparition gives us an insight into what purports to be a troubling negotiation between God and the devil—between good and evil—much like the conversation between God and Satan in the Old Testament story of Job.
God's Chat with the Devil; The Vision of Pope Leo XIII