• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should people vote on the abortion issue foremost?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
No, the criminal act would be murder, one would hope, in a civilized world.

But I asked that you take care of the children that are not to be murdered and you equated that to pay criminals not to do crime. Then you reply is flawed. I am not asking that you take care of any criminals, I am asking that you support those who are innocent.

ecco

Veteran Member
I would consider someone that is against the wanton slaughter of millions of babies as a person that has a heart, and some idea of humanity and Scripture. Sex education today has zero to do with respecting babies.
Please show scripture that prohibits abortions.

dad

Undefeated
Well, you asked, in effect, whether people should vote chiefly according to where they stand on the issue of abortion and I am explaining why I think one should not.

Do you seriously imagine you can ask a question about voting intentions - three weeks before the US presidential election - and NOT consider Donald Trump as a factor? :confused:
The issue can apply in many places. Your opinion has been noted.

dad

Undefeated
But I asked that you take care of the children that are not to be murdered and you equated that to pay criminals not to do crime. Then you reply is flawed. I am not asking that you take care of any criminals, I am asking that you support those who are innocent.
I am not going to take care of everyone in the world that wants to have someone killed if I do not 'care for them'. We all do what we can.

dad

Undefeated
Please show scripture that prohibits abortions.
Murder is forbidden all over the bible as is child sacrifice. It is one thing to vote for those who advocate mass murder of innocent lives, it is another to allude to God being on your side.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I am not going to take care of everyone in the world that wants to have someone killed if I do not 'care for them'. We all do what we can.

In your scenario we have banned abortion. The parent that doesn't want the child is forced to have the child. Most likely that will be put into state care or abused. You believe you have to do nothing to help that child just keeping it alive is what your God wants. If that child is doomed to have a miserable life so be it Your God's will. You don't have to inconvenience yourself in any way you did God's will by banning abortion.

This is why I will never support the ban, until you people take responsibility for your actions. Children deserve the best out of life even Christ loved the children. All you care about is them being born alive what happens after that is not your concern.

Tambourine

People are welcome to believe any silly notion they like. I do not share the opinion that God given nature and the roles of men and women are enslavement.
This is not about your cute opinions. You want the government to force women to give birth. That's a form of enslavement.

dad

Undefeated
In your scenario we have banned abortion. The parent that doesn't want the child is forced to have the child.
Muggers are forced not to mug, killers forced not to kill, etc. You seem to think that stopping a crime is the crime!
Most likely that will be put into state care or abused.
You are not the arbiter of what is likely in human life.Many people had a rough start. Take abortion survivors for example, yet many live a good life.

You believe you have to do nothing to help that child just keeping it alive is what your God wants.
Nonsense. Families should be promoted and helped.

If that child is doomed to have a miserable life so be it Your God's will.
Many would have thought Jesus was headed to a doomed life being born in a stable. Opinions are a dime a dozen.
You don't have to inconvenience yourself in any way you did God's will by banning abortion.
To make murder a crime is not a matter of convenience, but protecting people.
This is why I will never support the ban, until you people take responsibility for your actions.
The actions in this case are having sex and a baby. The way to take responsibility is not to murder, but to care for your family.
Children deserve the best out of life even Christ loved the children.
Yes He did, and He did not whack them! He did say those that offended the children would be better off to drown themselves in the sea compared to what was coming!

dad

Undefeated
This is not about your cute opinions. You want the government to force women to give birth. That's a form of enslavement.
Not to be a murderer and kill your own baby is not enslavement. Someone sold you a bridge real cheap.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
OK, so elevate murder with no questions asked. Got it.
Murder is a legal term. First you must prove that a zygote is human in terms of legality. Never mind scientifically. It is potential life at best.
If you honestly wanted to reduce abortion you would be supporting measures that demonstratively reduces abortion in the real world. Safe sex education, freely available contraception, funds for child/daycare, healthcare, pre and post natal care, mandatory full paid maternity leave in all jobs (well, where I live those are already supported by the government. I’m under the impression that that it is not necessarily the case in the US. So please feel free to correct me.)
If you do not campaign for such measures then it belies your real motives I’m afraid.
Banning abortion just leads to back alley abortions where families lose daughters and even mothers due to their unsafe procedures.

Last edited:

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Muggers are forced not to mug, killers forced not to kill, etc. You seem to think that stopping a crime is the crime!
You are not the arbiter of what is likely in human life.Many people had a rough start. Take abortion survivors for example, yet many live a good life.

Nonsense. Families should be promoted and helped.

Many would have thought Jesus was headed to a doomed life being born in a stable. Opinions are a dime a dozen.
To make murder a crime is not a matter of convenience, but protecting people.
The actions in this case are having sex and a baby. The way to take responsibility is not to murder, but to care for your family.
Yes He did, and He did not whack them! He did say those that offended the children would be better off to drown themselves in the sea compared to what was coming!

Just know this if there is a God, it's God that allows abortion, it is part of God's plan.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Babies cannot consent to being burned or hacked or otherwise killed. What I do want is the desire of murderers to be kept in check.
Your attitude to consent is the same as that of a rapist:

"She asked me upstairs, so she agreed to have sex."

"She had sex, so she agreed to have a baby."

dad

Undefeated
You want to force women to give birth, yes.
God arranged how birth works.I think society is or should be in the business of protecting the innocent from being murdered. Whether or not some people feel that only a killer has rights.

dad

Undefeated
Murder is a legal term.
It is also a word that describes something, regardless of what some nations may or may not define words.

First you must prove that a zygote is human in terms of legality. Never mind scientifically. It is potential life at best.
Not at all. If a serial killer called his victims zigots, that does not mean we have to define the word. All a civilized society need do is stop the psycho.

If you honestly wanted to reduce abortion you would be supporting measures that demonstratively reduces abortion in the real world.

If we want to stop any crime, the way to do it is not necessarily paying criminals not to kill or rob etc.

Safe sex education,
That is a joke.

freely available contraception
It seems you want to stop babies being born any which way that is conceivable. Perhaps if kids were taught that babies and life is a good thing, rather than something to be feared and killed, there would not be this fanatical impulse to murder babies.
, funds for child/daycare
Sounds great to me, although I prefer parents care for kids if possible. What I do not want is someone telling us that if we do not pay their daycare and etc that they will whack a kid.

, healthcare, pre and post natal care, mandatory full paid maternity leave in all jobs
Make a long Christmas list of ideal world things that must be done or babies get whacked of you like. Taking care of people is a great thing, as an act of love and kindness not as a ransom for lives.
(well, where I live those are already supported by the government. I’m under the impression that that it is not necessarily the case in the US. So please feel free to correct me.)
I doubt it was the case in Israel either. Being in a less than charitable nation is no excuse to murder millions.
If you do not campaign for such measures then it belies your real motives I’m afraid.
Charitable measures are wonderful. Close down all the slave labour factories, etc etc. Stop all wars also while you are at it.

Meanwhile, when you find you may not get er all done do not use that as an excuse to wantonly sacrifice millions of little people.
Banning abortion just leads to back alley abortions
Making all crimes illegal leads to some people committing the crimes illegally. Better then giving the killers carte Blanche.

where families lose daughters and even mothers due to their unsafe procedures.
Criminals get shot robbing banks too. Their families may lose them. Making bank robbery with a weapon illegal might lead to unsafe situations. Either there is a right and wrong or not, and all a nation can do is try to have civilized laws.

dad

Undefeated
Actually education is about informing teenagers of the demonstrable consequences of their actions.
And telling them to go ahead and marry the same sex, or change their sex, or kill babies, or just use a condom and go to town etc etc. Education is the problem! Not the solution.