• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should pedophiles be put to death?

Ernesto

GeneCosta said:
But guys, we know that all pedophiles are evil. Just like how all homosexuals carry AIDs, and all blacks are evil and want to rape your wife. :tsk:
To be fair, it's more likely that a paedophile isn't quite right in the head. Still, I agree that we should never stereotype.

Radar

If this was to happen to my child DEATH would definately become that person. There would be no need for a trial, a judge, a jury, or any reason to waste good tax payers money on substaining that person. I would want that person to beg for death because there god would definately have more mercy than I and I would want that person to experience as much pain as possible before dying. You may think that this is inhuman of me and violent but when I think of what that person may have done to my child which would be worse. 2 wrongs may not make a right but 2 negatives make a positive and that person would be positively dead.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Realise that it won't help your child tho, it would only make their pain worse.

But it is an understandable reaction.

Radar

Pardus said:
Realise that it won't help your child tho, it would only make their pain worse.

But it is an understandable reaction.
It may or may not help there pain and it may or maynot help my internal pain for my child. But it would ensure that, that person would never harm another child.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Radar said:
If this was to happen to my child DEATH would definately become that person. There would be no need for a trial, a judge, a jury, or any reason to waste good tax payers money on substaining that person. I would want that person to beg for death because there god would definately have more mercy than I and I would want that person to experience as much pain as possible before dying. You may think that this is inhuman of me and violent but when I think of what that person may have done to my child which would be worse. 2 wrongs may not make a right but 2 negatives make a positive and that person would be positively dead.
you see, this is why we have court systems, because in this situation your mind would be clouded with rage, and so starts a violent cycle of eyes for eyes, and teeth for teeth. no person deserves to be tortured, no person deserves to die, no matter what! you want to live in a safe society, you need to lay down the rules, and after that, you need to follow them, no matter what

i know there are dangers in society, i know we have people who can commit great attrocities, but we can never overcome them with more attrocities, but by laying down our principles, and sticking to them.

Radar

Mike182 said:
you see, this is why we have court systems, because in this situation your mind would be clouded with rage, and so starts a violent cycle of eyes for eyes, and teeth for teeth. no person deserves to be tortured, no person deserves to die, no matter what! you want to live in a safe society, you need to lay down the rules, and after that, you need to follow them, no matter what

i know there are dangers in society, i know we have people who can commit great attrocities, but we can never overcome them with more attrocities, but by laying down our principles, and sticking to them.
And I bet I could get off or serve less than five years and to me that may be worth it. You obvious do not have children. I think there are reasons to kill like in self defence, to save the life of another, so some people do deserve to die. If someone is going to try an kill me I will protect myself even to the point of killing them. If someone is going to try and kill my child or wife I will protect them and take that person's life. But I guess you are one of those people that would willfully lay down and die or let someone kill your child. I bet things would be different if you were ever faced with one of those situations. We have rule and self defence or defence of others is one of those rules and I would act according to those rules.

Faint

Ernesto said:
To be fair, it's more likely that a paedophile isn't quite right in the head. Still, I agree that we should never stereotype.
Of course we should stereotype! Are you kidding? Pedophiles are sexually aroused by children. Do you want to pretend this isn't true or that the poor pedophile is just misunderstood? We have every right to judge these people for what they are.

Radar said:
It may or may not help there pain and it may or maynot help my internal pain for my child. But it would ensure that, that person would never harm another child.
:clap Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Ernesto

Faint said:
Of course we should stereotype! Are you kidding? Pedophiles are sexually aroused by children. Do you want to pretend this isn't true or that the poor pedophile is just misunderstood? We have every right to judge these people for what they are./QUOTE]

I agree, and I in no way sympathise with paedophiles...but, all I'm saying is that, perhaps, some of them often had bad experiences themselves as a child, resulting in this obsession as an adult. My main point wasn't that we should feel sorry for them, I agree that we should try to re-educate them, but I just don't think they should be put to death. Nobody should be put to death. Nobody deserves it, and it solves nothing.

Beck63Don

NetDoc said:
I can't read through all 300+ replies. Sorry if this has been said.

Those who cannot control their pedophillic urges need to be put away for life with no option for parole. I don't ascribe to the death penalty, but if I did then their death would work for me. This is the ONLY thing that I hate worse than bigotry.
Are you saying you don't mind being a bigot when it comes to pedophiles?

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Lady Moon said:
Are you saying you don't mind being a bigot when it comes to pedophiles?
You could call me anything you wish, it does not make it so. I will do everything in my power to keep my kids safe.

jonny

Lady Moon said:
So you're a bigot. That's fine. Just so you know you're a bigot, bigot.
"[size=-1]A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own."

I don't think believe that not respecting pedophiles means that I fit the definition of a bigot.
[/size]

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
As sung to the Dr Pepper theme song from a few years back.... 'I'm a bigot, your a bigot, he's a bigot, she's a bigot, wouldn't you like to be a bigot too?, pedophiles, can't trust a pedo..'

Beck63Don

jonny said:
"[size=-1]A bigot is a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from their own."

I don't think believe that not respecting pedophiles means that I fit the definition of a bigot.
[/size]
Does fascist fit better, then?

Flappycat

Isn't it better to find the most constructive way to approach any given problem with an end to bring out the best possible outcome for the whole?