• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Pagans and Witches

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have religious freedom? Not according to some.

"On Saturday, July 16th 2022, the Witch’s Fest event held in Astor Place, New York City (NYC), was invaded by a group of evangelical Christians who clearly believed that their religion was the only one which should be followed."

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/holis...rce=WebPush&utm_campaign=Push_PAG_ChannelFeed

Also, something the GOP and conservatives, (maybe even the Originalists) should take note of:

"It is important to muse upon what Mr (Thomas) Jefferson had to say about the First Amendment:

“Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should ‘make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof’, thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.”

It certainly appears that the original spirit of the First Amendment was that everyone should be free to engage in the religious practices that best suit them.
It may be helpful to remember, too, that the origin of the 1st amendment was not a cold philosophical ideal, but the result of feuds, grievances and anxieties between the various Christian sects of the states at that time. Each was terrified that some other Christian sect than their own would be legislated as the established religion.

The idea of living in a theocracy is appalling in its own right, but the idea of living in someone else's theocracy is simply not to be borne.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Do you hold onto every news article, journal article and book you have read?
I do if it proves something I intend to state as fact. I have online file folders with articles and posts dating back some 30 years. For the past several years I've used Evernote's extension to bookmark useful links. And in most cases, even if a page or site has disappeared, there is usually places to find it archived.

Regardless, if something is fact and largely holds true about a certain subject, one should be able to find more than one obscure article written sometime in the past.

Truth in love

I do if it proves something I intend to state as fact. I have online file folders with articles and posts dating back some 30 years. For the past several years I've used Evernote's extension to bookmark useful links. And in most cases, even if a page or site has disappeared, there is usually places to find it archived.

Regardless, if something is fact and largely holds true about a certain subject, one should be able to find more than one obscure article written sometime in the past.

I'm happy for you, I don't have time to document everything I run into. A good deal of things I cannot document and share the source (e.g information disclosed to me by a client in a session). I get that it is nice to have documentation, but lacking it is not the same as it not being a thing.

Dogknox20

That would be called Satanism or Luciferianism...

Although I'd argue the latter has little to do with Christianity, and much to do with the Greek Lucifer, Lux-Feros.

Lucifer Is Not Satan.
.......................................................................................
Lucifer - Merriam-Webster
light-bearing
Lucifer has been in the English language for a very long time, and has not solely carried the meaning of "Satan." The word comes from a Latin root—lucifer, in Latin, means "light-bearing"—and has also been used by poets to refer to Venus, the morning star.
........................................................................................

Heyo

Veteran Member
.......................................................................................
Lucifer - Merriam-Webster
light-bearing
Lucifer has been in the English language for a very long time, and has not solely carried the meaning of "Satan." The word comes from a Latin root—lucifer, in Latin, means "light-bearing"—and has also been used by poets to refer to Venus, the morning star.
........................................................................................
Fun fact: in Dutch, matches are called "Lucifers".

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
I'm happy for you, I don't have time to document everything I run into. A good deal of things I cannot document and share the source (e.g information disclosed to me by a client in a session). I get that it is nice to have documentation, but lacking it is not the same as it not being a thing.

I didn't say it was necessary to document everything. I did say that if something is true of a subject then there will be more than one obscure article posted sometime in the past. If you don't have nor can't recall one particular article then there would be others stating similarly.