• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Muslims Pray Behind A Habashi?

AbdulRashid

I would like to know if Muslims should pray behind a Habashi Imam and if not why not?

If you want to know what a Habashi is then do a google search it would take too much time to explain it here.

Salaam

Mujahid Mohammed

champion said:
This is a link i found for these so called "Habashi's". (Allahul musta'aan)
http://www.naqshbandi.org/topics/refute/aicp/default.htm

As for the question you have. I think you need a scholar to answer that kind of question. Since i don't believe anyone here has enough knowledge to give you a fatwa concerning whether or not it's alright to pray behind a habashi. Wallahu A'lam.
Asalamu alaikum, I will ask my sheihk and see what he says. Arees Institute

Difficult to say. If he's defined as a muslim, then one should pray behind them. But if they do not beleive in the muslim creed, then one should not.

Mujahid Mohammed

My sheihk says depends on which school you follow and does it have an evidence. some say it is o.k. as long as they do the prayer that is what is obligatory and sunnah. You know no strange things being uttered. The salat we all know and perform.

for if they are doing nothing out of the ordinary then how would you know. Now if you know they are doing things that do not have sufficient evidence to make their actions valid then the answer is very clear. You do not follow them.

Salah ad-din

I would like to know if Muslims should pray behind a Habashi Imam and if not why not?

If you want to know what a Habashi is then do a google search it would take too much time to explain it here.

Salaam

Any one can pray behind any Imam. We're all Muslims despite the few diffences in beliefs.

Mujahid Mohammed

Any one can pray behind any Imam. We're all Muslims despite the few diffences in beliefs.
so If the Imam prays 3 rakats during fajr according to what you think it is permissible. so if a dervish muslim a sect of sufi who spin around in circles listening to music while they pray are you seriously telling me that this is allowed.

Can you please supply us with the evidence from the Quran and Sunnah.

If it is an issue of Aqeedah like above then you cannot pray behind them. but if it is from the four established schools of juriprudence. You know the ones I hope for their evidence if from the Quran and sunnah.

Doodlebug02

I still don't know what Habishi is. I looked it up on Google and in the dictionary but could not find it. Could someone please explain what Habishi is?