• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Muslims be concerned with what is written in Gospel and Torah?

PruePhillip

I don't believe this stuff actually happened
Do you believe Muhammed had a flying horse ?
Well i don't believe that
So how i can trust a source that says that ?

Sure, there's myth and there's history. When history doesn't show Mohammed in a
good light I think that's probably more to the truth. Yes, he did marry a minor, but no,
he didn't fly a white horse to heaven.

Sure, there's myth and there's history. When history doesn't show Mohammed in a
good light I think that's probably more to the truth. Yes, he did marry a minor, but no,
he didn't fly a white horse to heaven.

"When history doesn't show Mohammed in a
good light I think that's probably more to the truth."

I believe he didn't fly a white horse to heaven and he didn't marry a minor , Because who lied once can lie twice and more

PruePhillip

"When history doesn't show Mohammed in a
good light I think that's probably more to the truth."

I believe he didn't fly a white horse to heaven and he didn't marry a minor , Because who lied once can lie twice and more

That minor thing - I think it's accepted history of Mohammed.
Many Muslims defend it to this day.
"Narratives related to the time of the Prophet Muhammad(sa) show that Hazrat Ayesha(ra) for sure
was not six years old at the time of her marriage but rather was 12-13 years of age, an age legally
acceptable for marriage in this modern age even in the developed countries
."

That minor thing - I think it's accepted history of Mohammed.
Many Muslims defend it to this day.
"Narratives related to the time of the Prophet Muhammad(sa) show that Hazrat Ayesha(ra) for sure
was not six years old at the time of her marriage but rather was 12-13 years of age, an age legally
acceptable for marriage in this modern age even in the developed countries
."

Some "Muslims" still defend to this day that Mohammed had a flying horse does that make it true ?
And just by coincidence the "Muslims" who believes he had a flying horse are the same who are saying he married a minor, so yeah we should trust them blindly ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And old age has made me lazy. I have some books in my hand which I haven't read. ;) Soon, hopefully.
I keep saying the same thing about reading the Qur'an. ;)

It is not so much that I am old or lazy, it is that I am so busy all the time so I have no time for reading, even Baha'i books. I would have more time if I was not always reading and writing on forums, but I prefer that to just reading on my own, because I like the social interaction and I learn so much from other people.

I keep saying "after I retire" I will do more reading but owing to the pandemic and the havoc reaped on the economy, I have had to postpone retirement, again.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I keep saying the same thing about reading the Qur'an. ;)

It is not so much that I am old or lazy, it is that I am so busy all the time so I have no time for reading, even Baha'i books. I would have more time if I was not always reading and writing on forums, but I prefer that to just reading on my own, because I like the social interaction and I learn so much from other people.

I keep saying "after I retire" I will do more reading but owing to the pandemic and the havoc reaped on the economy, I have had to postpone retirement, again.

Yeah I understand.

Yet I did of course read the Al Kithab Al Aqdas and the Kithab I Iqan fully. And Al Aqdas is written in Arabic so its awesome to see. One of my friends actually sent me a copy of the original manuscript as well and I have noted that some of the original manuscripts of Bahai work are so beautifully written. The Suratul Kithab has an opposite Maail in the script which is kind of fascinating to look at unlike normal Arabic script but some do write it that way. But the most beautiful is the Bayan, written in Arabic the Bayan in the codex Bayan so slowly and carefully and looks like an artwork. Looks like a mountain range, not writings.

Nice work.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Yeah I understand.

Yet I did of course read the Al Kithab Al Aqdas and the Kithab I Iqan fully. And Al Aqdas is written in Arabic so its awesome to see. One of my friends actually sent me a copy of the original manuscript as well and I have noted that some of the original manuscripts of Bahai work are so beautifully written. The Suratul Kithab has an opposite Maail in the script which is kind of fascinating to look at unlike normal Arabic script but some do write it that way. But the most beautiful is the Bayan, written in Arabic the Bayan in the codex Bayan so slowly and carefully and looks like an artwork. Looks like a mountain range, not writings.

Nice work.
If you can understand Arabic you are way ahead of those of us who only understand English.
It is always preferable to read scriptures in the original language.
That has to be really awesome. :)

firedragon

Veteran Member
If you can understand Arabic you are way ahead of those of us who only understand English.
It is always preferable to read scriptures in the original language.
That has to be really awesome. :)

But that's only for Islamic material and from the Bahai' faith I only know of the Al Kithab Al Akdhas. So, it will be nice to learn some other languages. Cheers brother. Life is kind to make your acquaintance.