• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Muslims be concerned with what is written in Gospel and Torah?

InvestigateTruth

1. Does Quran claim that Muhammad was prophesied in Injil and Torah?

2. Why should the Muslims (Those who follow the Messenger), be concerned with finding the Messenger (Muhammad), in Gospel and Torah, as following verse says:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet, the Ummi whom they find mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel which are with them. He enjoins on them good and forbids them evil and makes lawful for them the good things and forbids them the bad things and remove from them their burdens and shackles that were upon them. So those who shall believe in him and honour and support him and help him and follow the light that has been sent down with him -- these shall prosper.'" 7:157

3. As a Muslim and follower of Muhammad, do you find Muhammad mentioned in INJIL and Torah? If yes, quote a verse from Injil, and a verse from Torah that you see as Muhammad.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
1. Why should the Muslims (Those who follow the Messenger), be concerned with finding the Messenger (Muhammad), in Gospel and Torah, as following verse says:

"Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet, the Ummi whom they find mentioned in the Torah and the Gospel which are with them. He enjoins on them good and forbids them evil and makes lawful for them the good things and forbids them the bad things and remove from them their burdens and shackles that were upon them. So those who shall believe in him and honour and support him and help him and follow the light that has been sent down with him -- these shall prosper.'" 7:157

2. As a Muslim and follower of Muhammad, do you find Muhammad mentioned in INJIL and Torah? If yes, quote a verse from Injil, and a verse from Torah that you see as Muhammad.
I can't find anything that supports the following of Mohammad in the bible... but please feel free to follow your religion

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't find anything that supports the following of Mohammad in the bible... but please feel free to follow your religion
What? :eek:
It's right there in black on parchment off-white:
"His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.'" (Song of Songs 5:16) - "lovely" in Hebrew is Machmadim. This is clearly a reference to Muhammad (Muchammad in Hebrew) and his grandeur and his belovedness by God! How could you miss that, @KenS? :D

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
1. Why should the Muslims (Those who follow the Messenger), be concerned with finding the Messenger (Muhammad), in Gospel and Torah, as following verse says:

NO.
Koran: 5:48
To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed,
He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He
intended] to test you in what He has given you; so advance to [all
that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will
[then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes,

Lo! We did reveal the At-Taurah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the prophets who surrendered (unto Allah) judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the priests (judged) by such of Allah's Scripture as they were bidden to observe, and thereunto were they witnesses. So fear not mankind, but fear Me. And barter not My revelations for a little gain. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are disbelievers.

— Quran, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayat 44[2]

What Allah hath revealed = The Torah.

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful.

— Quran, sura 7 (Al-A'raf), ayah 157[6]

InvestigateTruth

I never read Injil, and Torah, all what i m saying is that the existence of "Mohamed" name in those books is not something that the verse could be saying rather than the teachings the verse mentions
As much as it does not make sense to you, the verse is clearly saying the Ummi Prophet is mentioned in Torah and Injil.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Why would you find that in the Bible? o_O
Muhammad walked the earth many centuries after the Bible was canonized.

Muslims believe that the Quran was verbally revealed from God to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel gradually over a period of approximately 23 years, beginning on 22 December 609 CE, when Muhammad was 40, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death. The Quran | World Civilization - Lumen Learning

Kenny

Premium Member
What? :eek:
It's right there in black on parchment off-white:
"His mouth is most sweet; yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem.'" (Song of Songs 5:16) - "lovely" in Hebrew is Machmadim. This is clearly a reference to Muhammad (Muchammad in Hebrew) and his grandeur and his belovedness by God! How could you miss that, @KenS? :D
:)

Machmad TWOT - 673d,673e
Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
makh-mawd' Noun Masculine
Definition
  1. desire, desirable thing, pleasant thing

lovely is not a name

As much as it does not make sense to you, the verse is clearly saying the Ummi Prophet is mentioned in Torah and Injil.

From what i understood The verse doesn't say that his name is mentioned but his teachings are specifically these : "He enjoins on them good and forbids them evil and makes lawful for them the good things and forbids them the bad things and remove from them their burdens and shackles that were upon them. "

Kenny

Premium Member
Why would you find that in the Bible? o_O
Muhammad walked the earth many centuries after the Bible was canonized.

Muslims believe that the Quran was verbally revealed from God to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel gradually over a period of approximately 23 years, beginning on 22 December 609 CE, when Muhammad was 40, and concluding in 632 CE, the year of his death. The Quran | World Civilization - Lumen Learning

because the early church preached from the Tanakh not from the NT. if the Tanakh would have supported Mohammed it would be in the new testament

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

NO.
I do not believe Muslims should be concerned either, given I believe that the Dispensations of Moses and Jesus were unconditionally abrogated by the Dispensation of Muhammad.

Dispensation
  1. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
  2. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
  3. a divinely appointed order or age:
e.g. the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

Definition of dispensation | Dictionary.com

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
because the early church preached from the Tanakh not from the NT. if the Tanakh would have supported Mohammed it would be in the new testament
How could it support Muhammad when He had not even been born yet?
Do you mean support the coming of Muhammad in prophecy?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
The word Injil is repeated 12 times, and Torah 18 times in Quran.
The question was "Should Muslims be concerned...?". Allah clearly states Muslims should leave concerns to Allah
Koran: 5:48
To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed,
He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He
intended] to test you in what He has given you; so advance to [all
that is] good. To Allah is your return all together, and He will
[then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
I do not believe Muslims should be concerned either, given I believe that the Dispensations of Moses and Jesus were unconditionally abrogated by the Dispensation of Muhammad.

Dispensation
  1. the divine ordering of the affairs of the world.
  2. an appointment, arrangement, or favor, as by God.
  3. a divinely appointed order or age:
e.g. the old Mosaic, or Jewish, dispensation; the new gospel, or Christian, dispensation.

Definition of dispensation | Dictionary.com
The Qur'an tells the Jews to judge by the Torah and the Christians to judge by the Gospel.

But how do they come to you for decision while they have the Taurat (Torah), in which is the (plain) Decision of Allah; yet even after that, they turn away. For they are not (really) believers.

— Quran, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayat 43[3]

And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him in the Torah, and We bestowed on him the Gospel [Injil] wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before it in the Torah ] - a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil). Let the People of the Gospel [Injil] judge by that which Allah hath revealed therein".

— Quran, sura 5 (Al-Ma'ida), ayah 46, 47a[5]

So obviously the God of Islam thinks they're relevent. He says Muhammad is mentioned in them and that they are still His word. This does not fit with the Islamic claim they are corrupted.