• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Men be Feminists?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I can see that, but I think one should think on the future.

The re equality is accomplished the more the inequalities against men will be similar in number, and there are several areas in different places in which men get to ugly end.

But its not a competition. Its not about who gets screwed more often, its about getting sure no one gets screwed. Making a whoel philosophies name based on the current gender at problem is like giving up already on thinking there will be a ment in wch actuall equality is accomplished, and both genders are inequal need.

Its not about who is more screwed. Is about everyone taking care of everyone.

I think its really positive that there is help for women, but it really shouldnt be gender based. Its a bad presedent, and habits, both on people and in societies, stay beyond their original cause,

Fair enough, and perhaps one day the term "feminism" will be outdated.

But the way I see it, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (after all, chances are we'll still be alive by then to talk about it. ^_^).

Me Myself

Back to my username
Fair enough, and perhaps one day the term "feminism" will be outdated.

But the way I see it, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it (after all, chances are we'll still be alive by then to talk about it. ^_^).

There are a lot of inequalities against women today, but there are also inequalities against men.

The second "feminists" began fighting for favoritism in custody cases and other unworthy battles, we should have realised the term served its cause.

I honestly find the term dangerous.

Alceste

Vagabond
There are a lot of inequalities against women today, but there are also inequalities against men.

The second "feminists" began fighting for favoritism in custody cases and other unworthy battles, we should have realised the term served its cause.

When did feminists ever lobby for preferential treatment in custody battles?

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Yeah, I thought so, too. I especially agree with his take that violence against women is not merely a sensitivity issue but a leadership problem. The culture of rape and violence starts with a failure of people to assert that it's wrong.

Men are the main victims of violence, both from women and other men. The very fact violence against men is an unheard of proposition illustrates why I'm not a feminist.

Riverwolf

Premium Member

The second "feminists" start doing that, or anything else that would undermine gender equality, they are no longer feminists.

Last edited:

Riverwolf

Premium Member
Men are the main victims of violence, both from women and other men. The very fact violence against men is an unheard of proposition illustrates why I'm not a feminist.

But surely you believe in gender equality? That's all being a feminist means.

Besides, last I checked, it's not at all unheard of. It's a product of our culture, which teaches and encourages competition among men.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

I take it you didn't watch the video. Jackson Katz addresses this problem of violence against men and boys repeatedly.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

Hey, MM. Have you read any feminist writings yet? You know, other than a couple of youtube videos that were probably found by using search terms like "feminists hate men" or something?

Riverwolf

Premium Member
What do you mean they are no longer feminists? Did they stop calling themselves such?

They no longer believe in the equality between men and women. Without that baseline, they cannot be called feminists any more than an atheist can be called a Christian.

JoeZen

The male and female in you comes from both your mother and father. Yes be at balance and have the feminine energy in you also :)