• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Men and Women be Segregated in Mosques?

Should men and women be segregated in Mosques?

• Total voters

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
What if one is already against the other?

We don’t want conflict so compromises and reconciliation I believe is the best course of action. That doesn’t mean pressure should not be put on societies to grant women full rights just that it’s best to avoid violence where possible.

We all want women to be granted full equal rights. It’s the same in capitalist countries where women are seen as cheap labor because they get less pay which I strongly disagree with. Women should be paid the same amount a man gets for the same job but even in so called human rights countries this is not the case.

So should the West be preaching to the east when it exploits cheaper female labor and sees nothing wrong with it but as an accepted norm?

Wasp

We don’t want conflict so compromises and reconciliation I believe is the best course of action. That doesn’t mean pressure should not be put on societies to grant women full rights just that it’s best to avoid violence where possible.
Sometimes conflict is necessary.

Wasp

In this context what kind of conflict are you proposing to force equality of the sexes?
I'm not proposing intentional creation of a specific conflict. But I think it's cowardly to be inactive when action is necessary in order to avoid "conflict", which really is a perfectly normal phenomenon among people as well as animals.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I'm not proposing intentional creation of a specific conflict. But I think it's cowardly to be inactive when action is necessary in order to avoid "conflict", which really is a perfectly normal phenomenon among people as well as animals.

What about education? I think education especially of the younger more open minded generation can bring about the desired change.

Wasp

What about education? I think education especially of the younger more open minded generation can bring about the desired change.
That in itself would cause a conflict. The kids are already being educated. Not all, but those who are, are not statistically any less religiously abusive or more pro-gender equality. The teachers are told what to teach.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
That in itself would cause a conflict. The kids are already being educated. Not all, but those who are, are not statistically any less religiously abusive or more pro-gender equality. The teachers are told what to teach.

Already with a younger leadership in Saudi Arabia 2 important long standing laws have been changed with regards to women. Women are now permitted to have a license and also to travel overseas without a male. Traditions are falling away even in the most strict nations and there’s more to come.

In the west though still wage equality is a form of oppression and injustice that is quietly ignored but unacceptable. While some nations are clearly trying to make changes some are not.

Wasp

Already with a younger leadership in Saudi Arabia 2 important long standing laws have been changed with regards to women. Women are now permitted to have a license and also to travel overseas without a male. Traditions are falling away even in the most strict nations and there’s more to come.

In the west though still wage equality is a form of oppression and injustice that is quietly ignored but unacceptable. While some nations are clearly trying to make changes some are not.
Saudi Arabia is just playing a game. Can't believe some people fall for that

Wasp

What do you mean allowed to go abroad without a male? You men travel alone? But need permission and passport. And permission for passport probably.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Shad

Veteran Member

We all want women to be granted full equal rights. It’s the same in capitalist countries where women are seen as cheap labor because they get less pay which I strongly disagree with. Women should be paid the same amount a man gets for the same job but even in so called human rights countries this is not the case.

So should the West be preaching to the east when it exploits cheaper female labor and sees nothing wrong with it but as an accepted norm?

The Wage Gap is a myth.

Shad

Veteran Member
I don’t know where you live but here in Australia it’s not.

I would look into the data used. I bet makes the similar omissions as the US data. Experience, hours worked, overtime, competence, time in the work force without pause, biology.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I would look into the data used. I bet makes the similar omissions as the US data. Experience, hours worked, overtime, competence, time in the work force without pause, biology.

It’s clear to women here that they don’t get equal pay. That’s all that matters. They’re being exploited.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Clear with no evidence provided. Nothing but an assertion.

I live here. All Australians are aware of these things.

Australia's gender pay gap: why do women still earn less than men?

Top-tier female managers earn, on average, 26.5% less than their male counterparts, with nearly $40,000 of that difference coming from additional remuneration, including bonuses.

Even sectors that have a predominantly female workforce such as preschool and early childhood education have a significant pay gap. According to the WGEA, women in the preschool sector are paid on average 31.9% less than men, compared with a national gender pay gap of 15.3%.

In Wilkinson’s industry, television broadcasting, which is 47% female overall but 100% male at the CEO level, the full-time gender pay gap is 21.6%.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I heard an Imam say, that it is difficult for Muslim men to control their sex urge, hence women better dress proper.

Why not "hence, men should try harder"?

Why must the women dress up in bags? Why can not the men just keep their pants on and their drool in their mouth?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why not "hence, men should try harder"?

Why must the women dress up in bags? Why can not the men just keep their pants on and their drool in their mouth?
I just quoted what I heard an Imam say. I was hoping this, in my eyes absurd, quote would have a Muslim reply that this is ridiculous

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I just quoted what I heard an Imam say. I was hoping this, in my eyes absurd, quote would have a Muslim reply that this is ridiculous
Yeah, I realise that you didn't necessarily stand behind said quote.

I just like to point it out explicitly whenever I encounter this pathetic excuse.
I hear it frequently. In every debate about hijabs, nikaabs, burka's, etc... The first reason they say is "because we respect the woman and value her mind over her flesh" - which sounds nice on paper.
When continuing the questioning, it turns out that it's to "protect the women from pedators".
When continuing the questioning, it turns out that "men have nasty urges and women should cover up as to not entice the men".

Always, without exception, it ends up in a cruel situation where you actually have grounds to blame the women when they get raped. It's not at all surprising to me that the vast majority of cases where rape victims are actually being seen as guilty (for "provoking" the rape) to some extent, are encountered in culture that tend to put women in bags as opposed to telling the men to keep it in their pants and engage in some basic self-control and learn some basic manners.