• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should manditory overtime be illegal?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A noble cause and one that i agree with however, we are in the tiniest of minorities. If businesses and consumers were willing to pay more to then companies will just hire Americans
Americans won't do the work. A lot of food goes unhavested because there just are not enough workers.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

RestlessSoul

Should manditory overtime be illegal?

Mandatory undertime is where the world is going some of the elite were telling

When I was a kid in the 60s I was told that in the future, the machines would do everything, and we the people would have limitless leisure time.

I was also promised a jet pack and a hover car.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I think the thing is, not too many other people can do my position, so when overtime season comes I just do it. I work as a forklift operator/material handler in a small company.. Someone else could do it, but they'd do it poorly and suffer more. It would over-tax the press mechanics, one of whom is almost crippled anyway, or my boss, who has had surgery all over his body. Plus I make a lot of money if the overtime thing happens
It seems you are in the enviable position of being valued at work, for being able to do something no one else can do as well. When that is the case, I'm sure it makes putting in extra hours much more acceptable, especially in a small company where you feel you can really make a difference.