• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I visit Chicago, Philadelphia or Boston?

ronki23

I'm going to Virginia this August and will also be going to Washington DC. But I'd like to go to another place for 2-3 nights so I'm thinking of one of those 3 places. Chicago looks appealing for the food and culture but Boston looks fancy. Don't know much about Philadelphia

David T

Premium Member
Chicago. Nothing like being in the middle of the country a zillion miles away from the ocean in August.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm going to Virginia this August and will also be going to Washington DC. But I'd like to go to another place for 2-3 nights so I'm thinking of one of those 3 places. Chicago looks appealing for the food and culture but Boston looks fancy. Don't know much about Philadelphia
Ugh. I don't like any of them but if I had to choose without a choice past the three, I'd probably choose Chicago for the food.

Boston and Philly traffic is sheer murder involving people behind the wheel with no sense of self preservation. I'd rather drive in NYC.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

I've been to all 3. I like Chicago the best stand alone but Boston has its own uniqueness and worth a visit and if spending 3 days can drive to other nice places nearby. Philadelphia, I really can't recommend I guess if your a historian its all the rage but other than that I would recommend nearby Cape May NJ.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
If you like scenic drives go to Philadelphia. I haven't been to Boston or to Chicago. the Philadelphia countryside is very pretty as I recall.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

I have never been to any of these cities, but.

I have a friend in Chicago who does say the variety and quality the restraunts there are unurpassed!

I have a friend in Boston, which of course is great for history buffs. Boston is still on my bucket list so that I can stand before the green monster at Fenway. (Don't judge me!)

My step-mother is from Philly. It is also great for history buffs. Though I don't know too much else about it.

Philly and Boston are close enough together you could hit both in one 1 trip if you wanted to be hardcore.

But if I had a choice of only one....Boston would be the winner. Great for the history buff side of me, get to see my Bostonian friends (short bus 4 life), Fenway Park, and good food. Can't be beat imho!

roger1440

I do stuff
Neither

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Chicago. The Field Museum is one of the best natural history museums in the country, with more fossils even than the Smithsonian. The Shedd aquarium and Chicago art institute are also great.
The Chicago river boat tour was also cool. Lots of history and architecture.
Go to Giordanos and get the best Chicago style deep dish pizza.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
As a Michigander, I much prefer Boston-- so much history and museums and top-shelf educational institutions.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate

Lots of votes for Chicago... I lived there many years, and it's a fantastic place to live and work, but to be honest I'd pick Philly to visit.

The food market, lots of museums and old American history, south street for funky artsy stuff, and of course the #1 awesome thing to do; running up the the Rocky steps and shaking your fists!

Skwim

Veteran Member
Chicago: Go well armed.

Boston: Be your own best friend because Bostonians won't want anything to do with you.

Philadelphia: Don't rely on public transportation or decent directions.

My advice. Minneapolis: It's got

"Minnesota Nice," Very friendly people

13 lakes within its city limits almost all of them connected by beautiful parkways.

It's clean, clean, clean.

Very arts aware

The Mall of America (largest indoor mall In the USA) is only six minutes from Minneapolis city limits in the second ring suburb of Bloomington.​

Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I've never been to Chicago, but I've been to Boston and Philly. Both of them have history and food. South Philly is very Italian. I mean, genuinely Italian, not Chef Boy-ar-dee or Mama Celeste Italian. One time my buddy and I went to South Philly he accused me of going full-on-freaky-deaky-native Italian, accent and all (I am Italian-American). :D