• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I snitch?

Should I tattle to staff?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
I even have doctor's orders to not loan money , for it is damaging my mental health. I'm serious... I'll stop unless someone pays me back

You should follow doctors orders IMHO. And if someone asks then tell them "doctors orders I am not allowed to loan". That is easy, is it not?

Even if they pay you back, you should not do it until the doctor reverses the order. Because you're never sure if they pay back, so it will still damage mental health

First cure yourself then help others; this advise gave my Mater, in my first interview, to a man who wanted to help others. Perfectly applicable to you. Mental health first !!!

Bob the Unbeliever

A tip:
I always have a dollar bill and two quarters in my pocket, sometimes a dime and a nickel, doesn't matter, just change.
When asked, dig in your pocket and explain how sorry you are but it's all I have and give it to them. Probably, they won't be back for more. Don't ever check your wallet !

A very good tip.

Me? I'm kind of a curmudgen (being 60 has it's advantages), so when some freeloader asks, "do you have any spare change"?

My immediate reply, "yes" or "sure!" But I make no move to go for either pocket, and keep right on walking as if they had said nothing.

Most are caught off guard, and that's the end of the matter. Some are so bent on using others, that they actually have the nerve to ask, "can I have it?"

Me: (in as cheerful voice as I can manage) "nope!" Often accompanied with, "You have a nice day, now, ya'hear?" Since I had kept walking, I'm typically many feet away at this point.

I do not suffer these fools money for their drug habit.

On the flip side? Sometimes, rarely, they ask for food-- actual food-- and not cash-money.

Food? Yes-- I have taken time out of my schedule, to go into a sandwich shop, and buy someone a sandwich.

I used to offer to buy food for the "do you have any change" crowd, but that always got me cussed out-- they didn't want food-- they wanted money for drugs.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
At the end of the day, I hope that you do what I you feel is right.

All seriousness aside, if someone needs my take more than I do, I typically give it.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
an odd thing happened yesterday morning

as I was pumping gas....someone asked for a quarter
at first I didn't think I had one

as he stepped away I found one in my pocket
and called him back

he took it ....said no more

what can you do with a quarter nowadays.....?????

Spiderman

Veteran Member

and called him back

He may have needed some bus fare.

I have asked people for $0. 05 with no intention of asking them for more.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I even have doctor's orders to not loan money , for it is damaging my mental health. I'm serious... I'll stop unless someone pays me back
Even if someone does by chance happen to pay you back, do not loan people money. It's bad policy because you won't get it back. And if you just give, you will get a reputation for giving, and more will come asking for you to give.
By policy, no matter what, if someone asks me for money I have none to give. It's usually honest as I rarely carry cash on me anymore, and those asking for money often aren't needing it and are going to use it for something other than what they say. If you do want to help someone, don't give them money for dinner but offer to buy them dinner. That alone will usually send the fakers away because they are out only for cash.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

and called him back

I needed some quarters the other day ($1.50 worth) for the machine at the gas station to air my tires up.

Bob the Unbeliever

and called him back

Make one phone call-- if you can find a working pay phone? There are some around here and there, especially at the edges of ethnic areas in the larger cites, or just outside of ethic food stores. I've seen them, for reals.

And with a quarter? You can initiate a collect call back to where ever home is... as most pay phones won't "wake up" without money going into the bin.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I even have a sign on my door that says "do not ask me for money".

People still knock on the door and ask me for money.

I have the reputation now as the money lender.

I've lost well over half my monthly income to beggars who promised to pay me back or sold me bogus stuff.

I might get paid back by some of them, but I had a week of religious fervor where I just felt like God wanted me to do this. *Shrug*

The scriptures command me to do these things.
people probably keep knocking because you have a reputation for being a sucker.

He isn't a master con artist, or he would be conning bigger fish instead of you. Sorry but you aren't exactly very high on the social ladder. You were an easy target,

Harden up don't trust people in the beginning. and by beginning I mean by at least a few years to start lending money.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
people probably keep knocking because you have a reputation for being a sucker.

He isn't a master con artist, or he would be conning bigger fish instead of you. Sorry but you aren't exactly very high on the social ladder. You were an easy target,

Harden up don't trust people in the beginning. and by beginning I mean by at least a few years to start lending money.
Yes, I've turned people down lately and keep a sign on my door

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
Ahhh... Pope, I think you're the con man by conning these people into believing this thread !
You're smart enough to invent this travesty of thinking that you're that dumb, HA !!
But....on the other hand........