• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should I Get Into LaVeyan Satanism????

Euronymous

SSilence
I'm just curious about this... I mean, where do I start with this? Should I read books like The Satanic Bible or The Satanic Rituals?

I mean, I read this story called I Was a Teenage Satanist, and it got me interested in Satanism (LaVeyan & Theistic).

I'm currently a non-religious atheist, and I want to get into LaVeyan Satanism, but where do I start?

Any help?

Last edited:

Liu

Welcome to this DIR!
I'm not exactly a LaVeyan myself, but if it's that kind of Satanism that you're interested in, reading LaVey's writings certainly is a good starting point.

Be aware, though, that even those texts have several rather different interpretations, some more widespread than others. Especially, while LaVeyan Satanism nowadays consists mainly of Atheists, there are also a few parts of The Satanic Bible that some consider to sound deistic, pantheistic, or similar.
Therefore, make up your own mind - which should be the basis of any LHP-religion in any case, but in the case of this choice of yours I think I should better stress it a bit more as it seems most easily forgotten there.
Also, in case you don't know, several parts of The Satanic Bible are adapted from older books without source given.

Another possibility would reading through the Official Church of Satan Website | churchofsatan.com
That should give you an impression of the contemporary official standpoints of the CoS.

If you have any questions, or look for reading recommendations on other kinds of Satanism, just ask!

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
Especially, while LaVeyan Satanism nowadays consists mainly of Atheists, there are also a few parts of The Satanic Bible that some consider to sound deistic, pantheistic, or similar.

When I read part of my copy before I actually thought the same thing. Some parts really don't sound atheistic (even if they are meant to be)

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
I'm just curious about this... I mean, where do I start with this? Should I read books like The Satanic Bible or The Satanic Rituals?

I mean, I read this story called I Was a Teenage Satanist, and it got me interested in Satanism (LaVeyan & Theistic).

I'm currently a non-religious atheist, and I want to get into LaVeyan Satanism, but where do I start?

Any help?

I'm not into Satanism (unless Setianism counts?) but I love this spoken word album from LaVey:

Satanic Mass

Kapalika

Premium Member
I always advise against getting involved in extreme libertarianism, whether it be anti-theists like the Church of Satan or not.

Yes read Satanic Bible first.
I would read all Anton Laveys books.
Also read Peter Gilmore book Satanic Scriptures.
This is a good place to start in your Satanic journey of The Left Hand Path.
Other interesting books:
Luciferian Witchcraft by Michael W. Ford
The eye in the triangle by Israel Regardie
Pacts with the Devil by Christopher Hyatt
The Demonic Bible by Tsirk Sesuj.

Happy reading
Hail Satan
Phillip.

Sutekh

Priest of Odin
Premium Member

Any help?

Start with those books, but I would recommend you start with the Satanic Bible and the Devils Notebook, those are both valuable COS Literature's. If you even want to get into deep Atheism I would recommend reading The Satanic Scriptures by Mr. Gilmore.

ScottySatan

Do it and see if it fits. If not, quit.

Edited to add: Labeling yourself a Satanist does not (should not) need to be a part of it.

Last edited: