• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should God write any fresh stuff for current generation ?

chinu

chinu
In an another debate somebody made a claim that old-stuffs (holy books) written by God in the past are too hard to understand clearly in this current times. Hence, it desperately needs to write fresh stuff for this 21st century.

But, I think there's NO one who needs this desperately.

Is there any single person you know ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you think that you well understand the stuff you are interested in, thank you.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I say, why not? I'm sure any publisher worth their weight will buy it up assuming the author can find a good enough literary agent.

As for whether people need it desperately - well the young generation could use something now that Twilight is yesterday's news.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Do you think God require money ? :)

Not really, no. My whole post was kind of some early on comic relief. :)

But regarding the question, I don't think God needs a new book because religious books seem to age like a fine wine and provide culture through older styles of writing, etc. What I'd like to see instead is for God to appear in some human manifestation even for a day to be interviewed and asked some modern questions.

chinu

chinu
Not really, no. My whole post was kind of some early on comic relief. :)

But regarding the question, I don't think God needs a new book because religious books seem to age like a fine wine and provide culture through older styles of writing, etc. What I'd like to see instead is for God to appear in some human manifestation even for a day to be interviewed and asked some modern questions.
Modren questions. Interesting!

Do like tell any one question ? :)

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Modren questions. Interesting!

Do like tell any one question ? :)

The first question I'd ask is which religions are from him. I'd prefer to do so privately though because who knows how some faiths would react if he answered they weren't from him.

My second question would be, I want some clarification on what God think of transgender people after the confusions on the matter I feel there are in one of the Abrahamic faiths.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Perhaps, a long time back -- on rocks :)

Okay...I'll give you that one.

But now you've opened a can of worms, so to speak.

Why did he not write in stone the words he wanted conveyed to humanity like he did with the 15 Commandments he gave to Moses? He could have easily etched the rest of the Bible, Quran and other messages in stone and passed the message along with other members the likes of Jesus, Muhammed, and Baha'u'llah, no?

chinu

chinu
The first question I'd ask is which religions are from him. I'd prefer to do so privately though because who knows how some faiths would react if he answered they weren't from him.
What if God further questioned -- why you want to know this ?
My second question would be, I want some clarification on what God think of transgender people after the confusions on the matter I feel there are in one of the Abrahamic faiths.
What if God further questioned -- what confusions about transgender people created by Abrahamic faiths in your mind ?

chinu

chinu
Okay...I'll give you that one.

But now you've opened a can of worms, so to speak.

Why did he not write in stone the words he wanted conveyed to humanity like he did with the 15 Commandments he gave to Moses? He could have easily etched the rest of the Bible, Quran and other messages in stone and passed the message along with other members the likes of Jesus, Muhammed, and Baha'u'llah, no?
Because stuff written on the rocks was JUST to serve the people of that particular time.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Because stuff written on the rocks was JUST to serve the people of that particular time.

So why did He stop writing on rocks and sending messengers to deliver them to the people?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What if, further God says.. mother NEVER gives her feed until baby cry for feed.

I'd say, that may be fine for heaven, but here on Earth I don't worship people who make me get on my hands and knees when they can't do so much as answer a simple question they well have the magnificence and ability to.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Stop writing on rocks, and start writing on other things -- was the need from time to time.

He NEVER stopped sending messengers.

Reread what I wrote.

Please name some other things God wrote on.

I never said he stopped sending messengers. I said he stopped writing on things to give to the messengers to pass along to the people.

chinu

chinu
I'd say, that may be fine for heaven, but here on Earth I don't worship people who make me get on my hands and knees when they can't do so much as answer a simple question they well have the magnificence and ability to.
What if, God further says.. are you saying this to me, or people ?