• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PAUL MARKHAM

With the 1,000s of different versions of religions and the different versions of those religions, an appearance by God is long overdue. There also billions on Earth who would welcome the knowledge of its existence just to confirm which version of its being, religion, messenger, prophets are right.

By not showing itself it only confuses the issue and leaves open the possibility that it's just a manmade creation. No theist really wants that, even if their religion might not be exactly right at least they would know how close they are to the truth.

PAUL MARKHAM

I can see the headlines now...

"God Exposes Himself"....

Up for so much misinterpretation, and possibly a few lawsuits.

I understand why he stays hidden. Some days I'd like to, too.
Even if he did show himself and prove beyond doubt he was GOD, there would still be some that refuse to admit their ideas were wrong and cling to them.

The confident would welcome its appearance.

With the 1,000s of different versions of religions and the different versions of those religions, an appearance by God is long overdue. There also billions on Earth who would welcome the knowledge of its existence just to confirm which version of its being, religion, messenger, prophets are right.

By not showing itself it only confuses the issue and leaves open the possibility that it's just a manmade creation. No theist really wants that, even if their religion might not be exactly right at least they would know how close they are to the truth.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

I think, a true believer does not ask for God to physically prove that God exist, the teaching in it self will reveal the existence of God. And when practicing according to the teaching a person will gain the answers within them self.

Only one who doubt ask for proof.

This is only my own thoughts about the question in the OP

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

it isn't a she anymore than it's a he. the image of god is male/female like adam and eve before the split, in the abrahamic religion

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I am of the view that God makes an appearance in every second of every day, and every moment in between. Choosing which religious path works for you, has to do with you. If it brings you closer to God, then it is the right path for you. From God's perspective, I'm pretty sure it's understood that all religions are just man's attempts to understand the Divine. God could care less about which is "right" because they are all partial truths anyway. To me, God cares that you find the Divine, not believe in the "right" religion. If it works, mission accomplished.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The gods are long overdue? Huh? Okay, I get that the days are getting shorter in the northern hemisphere right now so maybe you freaked out that Sun rose later today than usual, but Sun still very much made an appearance today.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Would be nice if he could sprinkle a little hard evidence in there, too. Maybe like a solid, indestructible satelite containsing his message in every written language that has ever existed, is currently existing, or would exist in the future. Something like that would be a bit more concrete in the evidence department..

Would be nice if he could sprinkle a little hard evidence in there, too. Maybe like a solid, indestructible satelite containsing his message in every written language that has ever existed, is currently existing, or would exist in the future. Something like that would be a bit more concrete in the evidence department..
Let us go for broke. How about this for evidence: end suffering.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Certainly god should show herself.
What is there to lose, cut out the avoidance, just show yourself then everyone knows you are real

I'm not holding my breath

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Totes wrong in my opinion. Basic, common theology about the one God is that God is invisible, intangible, unnatural. A theologist would consider a visible God to not be God but a god or a divinity but not 'The' divinity. Be being visible God would no longer be supreme, since it would limit God to something visible.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I think people rather have faith than see the person who they have faith in in person. Something about having faith and other experiences of love and so forth may be more important than needing to be with the source itself. Which begs the question of there actually being a god because I'm sure people who believe in god would "want" to meet the person they believe in. If they are settled with faith and experiences, then god can't show himself.

It would be based on the believers idea of him rather than him being an actual being appeared as a ghost in a movie. With all the believers I spoke with during my years off and on RF I never got the impression they believed in a real ghost-like being. As for christians meeting jesus' christ, I think that's a bit more realistic to them but still have that faith-literal barrier one needs to cross if one wants to see the source of their experiences. Seeing the source doesn't mean the experiences and feelings go away. Going out of one's comfort zone to know sacredness does not need to be mystical for it to sacred.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Or the possibility that a God exists, we know nothing about and this God doesn't care that we know nothing about them.

It's a big universe, maybe infinite. We live on one tiny insignificant planet. Maybe it's just our inflated ego that a God that created the universe has any concern about folks living on one tiny planet.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Totes wrong in my opinion. Basic, common theology about the one God is that God is invisible, intangible, unnatural. A theologist would consider a visible God to not be God but a god or a divinity but not 'The' divinity. Be being visible God would no longer be supreme, since it would limit God to something visible.

So any God capable of proving themselves, wouldn't be God. :cool:

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I think, a true believer does not ask for God to physically prove that God exist, the teaching in it self will reveal the existence of God. And when practicing according to the teaching a person will gain the answers within them self.

Only one who doubt ask for proof.

This is only my own thoughts about the question in the OP

Hmmm... Why is doubt such a bad thing, though? And why would god require faith to lead one to conclude that he exists? I feel like faith is probably the worst way to require one to achieve an accurate result, otherwise it would be admissable in courts as evidence, imo.