• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SHOULD CHRISTIANS SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I believe God is never wrong about anything.
I agree.
Just as gravity is never wrong about anything. Like gravity, God simply is.

Also like gravity, God doesn't send messages through human prophets.

Certainly people expressing opinions often are wrong.
Which includes all the people claiming to speak for God. That includes the authors of every Scripture ever.
And you.

Tom

Skwim

Veteran Member
I believe God is never wrong about anything. Certainly people expressing opinions often are wrong.
Even when god admitted he was? Consider:

Genesis 6:6

ICB
The Lord was sorry he had made human beings on the earth. His heart was filled with pain.

KJV
And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

ESV
And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart.

1 Samuel 15:35

CEV
Even though Samuel felt sad about Saul, Samuel never saw him again. The Lord was sorry he had made Saul the king of Israel.

KJ21
And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death. Nevertheless Samuel mourned for Saul; and the Lord repented that He had made Saul king over Israel.

CEB
Samuel never saw Saul again before he died, but he grieved over Saul. However, the Lord regretted making Saul king over Israel.

So when you feel sorry, repent, or regret for doing something is it because what you did was right, or because it was wrong?

Last edited:

Jeremiah Ames

Hi guys, much as happened within our society over the past few years. Many have claimed one side or the other when it comes to homosexuality and the Bible. In this video, I give some statements about each side of the scope and discuss them a bit. I hope it help and maybe gives a new perspective.

Christians SHOULD support everyone.

But then we would be in heaven, not earth.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
SHOULD CHRISTIANS SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY?
Christians should leave people alone and stop trying to impose their views on everyone else.

And gays should stop dominating the culture and the conversation. Why should every show and every movie and every book have to have someone gay?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
This whole topic hinges on the question on if gay people are"born this way". Since according to scripture being gay is a sin and the bible repeatedly says one can overcome sin than people are NOT " born this way" therefore scriptually speaking they are simply people who wont change there ways and there is no reason for a christian to support them.

P.S. i know some people will insist they truly feel they were born gay but my response is jeremiah 17:9.
Point out where the Bible says “being gay is a sin.” It ain’t there.

In what way can the Jeremiah passage be interpreted to be about “gay by birth?” I believe your interpretations are biased and skewed.

Point out where the Bible says “being gay is a sin.” It ain’t there.

In what way can the Jeremiah passage be interpreted to be about “gay by birth?” I believe your interpretations are biased and skewed.
It is true that the bible does not condemn the random fact of homosexual orientation. it is a mere consequence of nature; however, the bible does condemn homosexual acts, as well as sex out of marriage. We are expected by God, to die to our animal nature, so that we might be born again to our spiritual nature.

sojourner

It is true that the bible does not condemn the random fact of homosexual orientation. it is a mere consequence of nature; however, the bible does condemn homosexual acts, as well as sex out of marriage. We are expected by God, to die to our animal nature, so that we might be born again to our spiritual nature.
What sorts of homosexual acts does the Bible condemn?
What about homosexuals who are married?
What does love have to do with “animal nature?”

Earthling

David Henson
This whole topic hinges on the question on if gay people are"born this way". Since according to scripture being gay is a sin and the bible repeatedly says one can overcome sin than people are NOT " born this way" therefore scriptually speaking they are simply people who wont change there ways and there is no reason for a christian to support them.

P.S. i know some people will insist they truly feel they were born gay but my response is jeremiah 17:9.

There is no logic in that at all. I'm gay, and I don't know if I was born that way or not. I'm inclined to doubt it, but it really doesn't matter. If I was born an adulterer, or a pedophile, or whatever it would be the same, including if I were, like Jeremiah 17:9 says, born with a wicked heart. I have no doubt of that, either.

You just threw all logic out the door.

What sorts of homosexual acts does the Bible condemn?
What about homosexuals who are married?
What does love have to do with “animal nature?”
Leviticus condemns many sexual acts, among which are "a man lying with a man, as with a woman", etc., and it proscribes the death penalty. In those days the Israelite s were under God's direct rule, since God was present in the arch of the covenant. A cloud appeared over the tent where the arch was housed in the day, and a tongue of fire by night.

Marriage is bionically described as between a man and a woman. Homosexual marriage is an abomination before the Lord. You can make up your own interpretations, and put words in Gods mouth to justify your own desires, if you wish; but God does not change nor does his laws. You only deceive yourself! God never promised you an easy life.

sooda

Veteran Member
Hi guys, much as happened within our society over the past few years. Many have claimed one side or the other when it comes to homosexuality and the Bible. In this video, I give some statements about each side of the scope and discuss them a bit. I hope it help and maybe gives a new perspective.
Yes. They have been around since time began and God made them also.

sojourner

Leviticus condemns many sexual acts, among which are "a man lying with a man, as with a woman", etc., and it proscribes the death penalty. In those days the Israelite s were under God's direct rule, since God was present in the arch of the covenant. A cloud appeared over the tent where the arch was housed in the day, and a tongue of fire by night.
What kind of male/male sex do you suppose the Levitican author had in mind? Battlefield rape? Sex with young boys? Why did the author condemn same sex relations between men but not women? What information/facts did the author have regarding sexual orientation/preferences?

sojourner

Marriage is bionically described as between a man and a woman. Homosexual marriage is an abomination before the Lord. You can make up your own interpretations, and put words in Gods mouth to justify your own desires, if you wish; but God does not change nor does his laws. You only deceive yourself! God never promised you an easy life.
1) why do you think the biblical authors described marriage as such?
2) I’m not making up interpretations. These are questions any decent interpreter would employ in the exegetical process.
3) the exegetical process seeks to minimize “putting words into the mouths” of the authors. It minimizes assumptions and biases.
4) God didn’t author the texts in question. Assuming that is an exegetical mistake that fosters bias.

sojourner

There are different kinds of love. The sexual kind belongs in a marriage between a man and a woman, as per scripture.
Again: what does consensual love between two adults have to do with “animal nature?” Also consider that, many times, animals display better care and compassion for their fellow creatures than people do. I’m not at all convinced that “animal nature” is a bad thing. Third, I wonder why you would think that God would seek to subvert what God had created?

No, your answers don’t make theological sense. They display a blatant disregard for the reality of the texts, supplanting the textual messages with ones either of your own creation, or merely parroting what you’ve heard without parsing out the veracity of those statements. They display a very basic and surface reading, completely devoid of proper attention and weight given to digging out what the authors really meant.

I want to say to Shadow Wolf; concerning your 1/19/19 message, well spoken. Keep up the good writings. With regards to gays who want to play word games with God, and His written word; you can on the day of judgement try the "No speakadee English" , but if I were you, I would try repentance along with the rest of us, in the here and now.

sojourner

Christians should leave people alone and stop trying to impose their views on everyone else.

And gays should stop dominating the culture and the conversation. Why should every show and every movie and every book have to have someone gay?
...or black, or female, or short, or, or, or...
It only seems as if they’re “dominating.” They’ve been oppressed/ostracized for so long (and still are), that they have to speak out in order to be heard. Your statement here is proof of that. You’d rather not see them. But the fact is, they’re there — and always have been.