• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SHOULD CHRISTIANS SUPPORT HOMOSEXUALITY?

Baroodi

“Law” in science is just the next stage of a Theory. It literally just describes a known predicatable phenomenon. I don’t think it’s really accurate to conflate scientific laws with that of theological understood “laws of God” since they are more abstract and change depending on the sect and religion. And even interpretation. A scientific law is a predicatable demonstrable phenomenon independent of such abstract notions. It is completely objective in nature and thus able to be understood and accepted regardless of things like disciplines (sects) or indeed academic backgrounds. It is not debated, it is not interpretated nor is it up for specific interpretations from any book.
Mathematical “laws” follow objective logic, again not to be conflated with subjective interpretations of law given to man by God/s.
It is plain unfiltered logic.

Cults are as old as human civilisation itself. Religions are arguably cults. At least some of them, including sects of Christianity. Not sure how that is relevant but whatever.
And yeah people are shaped by their environment, again no brainer. The hell does that have to do with homosexuality?
You do realise even when it was against the law or even punishable by death gay people still existed right?
That should be a clear indication that it’s not really a choice insofar as you seem to be trying to imply it is. If I understand the implications of your comment correctly.

What you are describing as predictable phenomenon is what I call as believer in God (God Creation). All by perfect laws beyond our imagination as humans. What we know so far is a minute minute minute thing compared to what is undiscovered. Every time God gives mankind a drop from this big ocean. He created man with all perfect organs following laws of physiology, biochemistry, biology, genetics etc... (God creation, show me the creation of those others, apart from Him) (Quranic verse)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
What you are describing as predictable phenomenon is what I call as believer in God (God Creation). All by perfect laws beyond our imagination as humans. What we know so far is a minute minute minute thing compared to what is undiscovered. Every time God gives mankind a drop from this big ocean. He created man with all perfect organs following laws of physiology, biochemistry, biology, genetics etc... (God creation, show me the creation of those others, apart from Him) (Quranic verse)
Which is your option. Fair enough. But that’s not really logically strong nor does it have any legitimacy in science.

Faithofchristian

The Bible speaks for itself and I do not need you to interpret it for me. Though I am pretty sure that Jesus' own words preclude me from condemning others. As to judging anyone, again that is God's job and to my recollection, he has not asked for my help. There are those who think I'm gay or something, though I have done nothing at all, EVER. They can just **** off.

You do know Christ Jesus also said in the book of John 7:24--"4 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"

Therefore Christ Jesus does give permission to judge as long as it's
righteous judgement.

You do know what is righteous judgement.

What this mean is.
Let's for you see a person stumbling about, but you say, they are drunk, but upon closer inspection, you find they are not drunk, but has a mental disorder, which prevents them from walking normal.

So you judge them by their appearance and not by righteous judgement.

Faithofchristian

The Bible speaks for itself and I do not need you to interpret it for me. Though I am pretty sure that Jesus' own words preclude me from condemning others. As to judging anyone, again that is God's job and to my recollection, he has not asked for my help. There are those who think I'm gay or something, though I have done nothing at all, EVER. They can just **** off.

You do know Christ Jesus also said in the book of John 7:24--"4 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment"

righteous judgement.

What this mean is.
Let's for you see a person stumbling about, but you say, they are drunk, but upon closer inspection, you find they are not drunk, but has a mental disorder, which prevents them from walking normal.

Faithofchristian

righteous judgement.

What this mean is.

Ellen Brown

righteous judgement.

What this mean is.

I don't judge them. Having been judged by men, I leave it to you. Face God with that.

Ellen Brown

righteous judgement.

What this mean is.

JW alert.

Ellen Brown

righteous judgement.

What this mean is.

4 times you've posted on the same subject this morning. Off you go to ignore land. :)

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes we need to come to a conclusion by inference. Which was first the hen or the egg?
Sometimes we need to put aside our hubris and acknowledge our gaps in education due to our own interests. What qualifications do you possess in biology specifically?
Also it was obviously the egg. Since the chicken evolved from its egg laying ancestors. The mutations accrued until it evolved into what we recognise today as a chicken, thus hatching from an egg laid by its parents.
Since chickens are domestic, one should also be aware of human tampering.
Fun fact, birds are classified as therapods which is a subspecies of dinosaur.

Last edited:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
This whole topic hinges on the question on if gay people are"born this way". Since according to scripture being gay is a sin and the bible repeatedly says one can overcome sin than people are NOT " born this way" therefore scriptually speaking they are simply people who wont change there ways and there is no reason for a christian to support them.

P.S. i know some people will insist they truly feel they were born gay but my response is jeremiah 17:9.
I don’t think it does. What it hinges on is a reasonable exegesis of the texts and an open mind. According to scripture, “being gay” is never discussed. What is discussed are several same-sex acts, none of which are definitively consensual, loving acts.

The Bible never condemns homosexuality. The Bible’s take on sexuality is wholly informed by the world view of the time, which is not shared by postmodern people.

Ellen Brown

I don’t think it does. What it hinges on is a reasonable exegesis of the texts and an open mind. According to scripture, “being gay” is never discussed. What is discussed are several same-sex acts, none of which are definitively consensual, loving acts.

The Bible never condemns homosexuality. The Bible’s take on sexuality is wholly informed by the world view of the time, which is not shared by postmodern people.

It is annoying to me is that people of faith often view their belief system as permission to govern the lives of others. That is asinine. My own life often feels like a Pig wrestling match that I am barely managing. Why would I want to govern the life of another?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It is annoying to me is that people of faith often view their belief system as permission to govern the lives of others. That is asinine. My own life often feels like a Pig wrestling match that I am barely managing. Why would I want to govern the life of another?
Yes. That is extremely frustrating. I can’t speak for other religions, but Christianity seems rife with entitlement. So does Islam, from what I’ve seen here.

Ellen Brown

Yes. That is extremely frustrating. I can’t speak for other religions, but Christianity seems rife with entitlement. So does Islam, from what I’ve seen here.

I don't know if Christianity was always that way. I know that in the 80s and 90s it was that way, and listening to the Evangelical nutjobs got to me and I left Christianity in 2003, because it felt like their Jesus was plastic. And, you are right, Islam is as bad or worse and I can't figure out why? I spent 5 years with another "Christian" belief but their practice of multi level membership is from the pit. They made a lie of the Atonement for me, removing its credibility.

These days, God is real, but the rest needs to be restored in a way that is pleasing to him.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Hi guys, much as happened within our society over the past few years. Many have claimed one side or the other when it comes to homosexuality and the Bible. In this video, I give some statements about each side of the scope and discuss them a bit. I hope it help and maybe gives a new perspective.

I believe Christians should only support repentance of sin.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
It is not up to the bible or followers of any of the religions that pontificate on what happens in the bedroom to dictate a persons sexuality.

All such denouncing of homosexually does is breed hatred and distrust. Which i believe in itself is not a biblical value. Interesting conundrum eh?
I don't even know what "supporting homosexuality" is supposed to mean.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I believe God is never wrong about anything. Certainly people expressing opinions often are wrong.

Yes, humans expressing the many diverse conflicting 'opinions' about God are most likely wrong, including you. Fallible humans cannot judge the world, nor the nature of being human from the same perspective as God.

I do not think Christians need to accept homosexuality as moral in the context of their own belief, but they should accept homosexuals in the world as having the freedom of their identity and rights in the secular world.