• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Biden Pardon Trump?

Heyo

Veteran Member
The point is that there have been no charges filed against Trump at this time no matter how badly some folks suffering from TDS wish it the other way around.
Wrong tense. There are currently no charges pending. There have been charges filed, lots of charges. E.g. fraud charges around Trump University. He settled out of court.
There have been charges brought against Trump in the impeachment. The Senate basically acknowledged they were legit but decided it wasn't enough to remove him from office. He is not acquitted of the charges.
Trump has been a career criminal. The charges will come rolling in when he leaves office.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If Trump loses the election, I have a feeling this post will not age well.

You heard it here first, folks. ;)

How could a future action change what's true today?

Wrong tense. There are currently no charges pending. There have been charges filed, lots of charges. E.g. fraud charges around Trump University. He settled out of court.
There have been charges brought against Trump in the impeachment. The Senate basically acknowledged they were legit but decided it wasn't enough to remove him from office. He is not acquitted of the charges.
Trump has been a career criminal. The charges will come rolling in when he leaves office.

Do you understand TDS? There are no, none, zip charges filed and/or pending on Donald Trump. You have absolutely no idea what may or may not happen in the future.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Do you understand TDS? There are no, none, zip charges filed and/or pending on Donald Trump. You have absolutely no idea what may or may not happen in the future.
No such thing as TDS. Another lie created by the mango mussolini. Gosh, that's sooo 2017

Heyo

Veteran Member
I can't predict the future but I can make inferences based on previous experience. When I say the sun will rise tomorrow that is as much assumption as that Trump will stand in a court room in six month.

ecco

Veteran Member
Most people realize you have to be charged with something to be pardon from said charge....

Why would anyone want to charge him now, while he is still in office? He would just pardon himself.

Wait 'til Jan 21, 2021. There'll be no reason for Biden to pardon Trump for any crimes he committed as a private citizen before taking office.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I can't predict the future but I can make inferences based on previous experience. When I say the sun will rise tomorrow that is as much assumption as that Trump will stand in a court room in six month.

I think most sane people would bet on the former before they would the latter....

How could a future action change what's true today?
Thanks for the Zen moment but I don’t see the point of your question.

You said Trump isn’t being charged with a crime. That is true. You charged up a hill that no one was defending, and took it. Cue the “Proud to be an American” music and stern Trump face with waving flag background.

I said your post might not age well. But don’t mind me. I tend to be pessimistic about people who are so corrupt their lawyers need lawyers.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
The point is that there have been no charges filed against Trump at this time no matter how badly some folks suffering from TDS wish it the other way around.
Saying "no charges then" can be misleading, or at least misconstrued, as if to obscure the fact there are ongoing investigations. What specific charges are not likely to be revealed until after the election unless something is leaked.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Thanks for the Zen moment but I don’t see the point of your question.

You said Trump isn’t being charged with a crime. That is true. You charged up a hill that no one was defending, and took it. Cue the “Proud to be an American” music and stern Trump face with waving flag background.

I said your post might not age well. But don’t mind me. I tend to be pessimistic about people who are so corrupt their lawyers need lawyers.

Saying "no charges then" can be misleading, or at least misconstrued, as if to obscure the fact there are ongoing investigations. What specific charges are not likely to be revealed until after the election unless something is leaked.

Do you even hear yourselves? As of this point there are no. I repeat, no charges on or pending on Donald Trump...no matter how badly you wish otherwise.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Do you even hear yourselves? As of this point there are no. I repeat, no charges on or pending on Donald Trump...no matter how badly you wish otherwise.
How do you know there are no charges pending? No matter what you chose to fantasize.

Yep, you’re right, the sitting President is currently not being charged with a crime. This, at a time when the FBI concluded they cannot charge a sitting president with a crime even if he committed a crime, and the Senate has decided they won’t put a sitting President on trial for impeachment (because that doesn’t MAGA, after all).

What do you think will happen when (if) he’s no longer a sitting President?

Maybe it’s best not to think about it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There would need to be a formal set of charges and a court date set.

So far there nothing like that out there right now.

tytlyf

Not Religious
There would need to be a formal set of charges and a court date set.

So far there nothing like that out there right now.
Yep, Donald isn't allowed to know about pending investigations. Neither is the public.
I'll assure you, there are multiple criminal investigations going on.