• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Bahaism be allowed to be practiced in Iran.

firedragon

Veteran Member
It is in English too. You suggested to Link to read the Arabic. So I included that for Arabic reading people on RF in this thread.

Err. I suggested Link to study the Bahai theology from primary sources. That's because he knows arabic. It's pathetic mate for you to make this kind of polemics. Please don't pretend you have studied your theology. You have not.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Lol. What do you mean "not immediately"? What's the time frame you could frame it historically?

Let me answer you. You have no historical sources.

Please try your best to engage with the points of the OP. Agree or not, at least respond to it.
When did you become the moderator and ruler over someone elses OP?
Calm down "brother" if you can't answer to certain questions you may find your self in a difficult spot by telling others what they can or can not say, especially when that person holds the faith that are in discussion. ;)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Just an added note bro. If you call me bro I am deeply honoured. Although we understand differently, I want to be a friend to you guys and for you to consider me a bro would make my day.

One question. I know Arabic is the ONLY and best way to study the Quran, but in your opinion what is the best English translation?

Sorry brother. I am not talking about the Qur'an here. If you open a thread on that subject I will get involved.

I know all you guys and ladies are very nice people. Kindhearted and good people in general. Seriously all of you. I made friends with a senior Bahai person who's name I will never mention here and he is a very nice guy too. That is all irrelevant to this topic.

Hmm. Anyway since you asked I think it's my responsibility to answer your question. So far, I have never come across the "best translation". I am afraid of giving you a name. If the so called translators were here, even they might not like me to give their names. Translating the Qur'an is never satisfactory. It's almost impossible.

Please don't hold on to this translation issue and turn this thread around.

I don't agree with @Link holistically. But I resonate with his OP. His point is that, his view is from one of the Bahai's here I this forum. That does not mean it's a blanket view. Not a single person so far has addressed the points. Everyone has just been oppressive or dismissive ignoring the points made.

So if you disagree with the OP, you should disagree with LInk's source of knowledge. Vis a Vis, one of the Bahai's in this forum.

firedragon

Veteran Member
When did you become the moderator and ruler over someone elses OP?
Calm down "brother" if you can't answer to certain questions you may find your self in a difficult spot by telling others what they can or can not say, especially when that person holds the faith that are in discussion. ;)

Aww. So cute really.

Nevertheless, what question?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lol. What do you mean "not immediately"? What's the time frame you could frame it historically?

Let me answer you. You have no historical sources.

Please try your best to engage with the points of the OP. Agree or not, at least respond to it.

From what I have found the Bab has been mentioned in publications as early as 1845. Maybe you have not see this?

Historical mentions of the Bábí/Bahá’í Faiths - Bahaipedia, an encyclopedia about the Bahá’í Faith

Regards Tony

firedragon

Veteran Member
Example in the post where @InvestigateTruth ask you to qoute the whole paragraph...
What did you do??? You laught at him. Very mature...
You cant expect people to give you answer you want to hear, if you don't give anything back.

If you think SOW that you playing to the gallery and seeking approval satisfies your need, that's fine.

But it's good for a very immature person needing approval.

firedragon

Veteran Member
From what I have found the Bab has been mentioned in publications as early as 1845. Maybe you have not see this?

Historical mentions of the Bábí/Bahá’í Faiths - Bahaipedia, an encyclopedia about the Bahá’í Faith

Regards Tony

Tony. I have read what ever historical evidence I could find. Just because you are a Bahai don't underestimate people.

If you really want to get into that discussion, that's not a problem. We could. Your wish. So just state that you want to get into a historical discussion.

Cheers.

ajay0

I think the Bahais should create channels for dialogues between them and the Islamic community in Iran for conflict resolution.

Embracing similarities and ignoring differences in the name of peace could go a long way in promoting co-existence and harmony.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Tony. I have read what ever historical evidence I could find. Just because you are a Bahai don't underestimate people.

If you really want to get into that discussion, that's not a problem. We could. Your wish. So just state that you want to get into a historical discussion.

Cheers.

It is nearly impossible to have a discussion with you Firedragon. Maybe that avatar says it all?

So after saying there is not historical sources that were available, you agree now that there are historical sources? That the cause of the Bab did have publication outside Iran?

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the Bahais should create channels for dialogues between them and the Islamic community in Iran for conflict resolution.

Embracing similarities and ignoring differences in the name of peace could go a long way in promoting co-existence and harmony.

The attempt at dialogue has never ceased.

As the persecution increased, the dialogue continued through the United Nations.

Regards Tony

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Except most of my info came from intellectuals who go do speeches in Colleges in US and I took most of the info from their explanations of what has been going on.

Again, that's very vague and just some claim.
But anyway, it's not that relevant. I just find it curious.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I had a further thought. It is very hard to dialogue, when it is not wanted by those that need to participate.

I would love to be able to discuss Faith with both Firedragon and Link, without having to dodge the plates of cakes being hurled. :)

It would be much wiser not to discuss faith with them, but in the end, how can we find peace, if we cannot have these discussions peacefully? I do not know, I see Allah does.

So I continue, peacefully and always mindful of my attitude and words, being just, but not unfriendly, not using harsh or hurtful words.

Regards Tony

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Whether true or not, it doesn't matter. I'm dealing with the situation as is. Most Bahai faith people follow this house, and I have to see if their interpretations line up with @InvestigateTruth. If they do, then, 100%, Iran should not allow them as an official religion nor recognize them as such same way US wouldn't allow ISIS interpretation or Al-Qaeda interpretation as a valid way to interpret Islam in US Mosques.

Again, are you certain that such interpretations and beliefs are not allowed?
Remember that you have been wrong here before. Like thinking the KKK was illegal, which it isn't.

You keep saying this, but it is it actually true?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Dude, US and it's allies already taken a stance that Shiites should not be allowed to teach or practice public their faith. They oppress already.

This is a lie.

We will stop Saudi Arabia, Zionist, and unholy US trinity plans, it's as Nabi Mohammad (s) said to Salman Farsi (r), "By Allah, then let Iblis and his armies come".

Right, but the Bahai should be banned because they are a "treath". :rolleyes:

Again, that you don't see the irony.................

You guys are evil by nature "alas, they are the mischief makers, but they don't perceive".

:rolleyes:

And the love just keeps on flowing...

Russia on the other hand, are blessed Christians and ally to us, because they actually honor Jesus (a) and his teachings.

EutN.gif