• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should America have a Chinese style Healthcare system?

Chinese style healthcare?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Healthcare in China - Wikipedia Some more info for those who want it.

It has perks and downfalls. On the one side, like everything in China, prices set by medical infrastructure is regimented by the government and thus doesn't have private insurance arbitrarily setting hyper-inflated price points. Because if they did, even though China required insurance to pay 70% of cost, that 30% could still be the equivalent of tens of thousands of US dollars (as is one of the reasons healthcare in the US is so untennable). I don't know how robust China's public option is compared to their private healthcare but I do know they don't have nearly enough care providers, especially outside cities. But that might be more a problem of education accessibility. But it does impact wait times and coverage ability.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What the current Chinese system is in China.
Its imitating the way our health system works, so there is no need for us to imitate it. China's healthcare system changes often. There was Mau with basic healthcare for all. Then came privatization in 1976 (going by wikipedia article). This privatization meant only people in the cities had a good chance to get healthcare. Then in 2006 there was an improvement for people in rural areas. It sounds like what we have here.

Our healthcare gets a boost from charitable actions. For example sometimes a hospital will forgive a medical bill. They also don't refuse treatment in emergency rooms.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'd want to see someone who has health care insurance backgrounds compare their system to France, the UK, Japan and other nations first. I don't know enough to judge.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
As part of their plan to equalise wealth, China Is investigating European healthcare systems. So it could be all change.

China want to reduce the differential between the super rich and average pay.
This has started with boosting controls on multinationals and super technology companies.

Many countries around the world are concerned about the same issues. But do not have as much power or will, as China, to do anything about it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I'd take the Swedish healthcare system any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Here in the States, 70-80% of personal bankruptcies are largely attributed to healthcare costs.