• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Amazon Inc. be allowed to have the .amazon internet domain?

Under the current circumstances should Amazon be permitted to take the .amazon domain?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It does not matter

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It is important

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel informed enough to have a strong opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I'll put up a poll.

Here's an article about the fracas between Amazon.com and several governments in South America. The battleground is ICANN and the courts.
The .amazon argy-bargy is STILL going on – and Uncle Sam has had enough with ICANN

About seven or eight years ago, Amazon Inc applied to get its own business name to use as a domain. Instead of 'Amazon.com' you could just put 'Amazon' into your browser. It would be a top level domain. It was all going to go through, but then some in Brazil (where the Amazon River mostly is) and some countries near to or touching that river decided that it was inappropriate for a corporation to be awarded the name.

The corporation continues to pursue this domain name.

Should Amazon.com be given the .amazon domain? Does it matter? Vote, please. :)

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I voted no but really I wanted to vote that it does not matter much at all to me personally. I'm happy to let others fight about it.