• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Actors Share Background Of Their Characters? Should Offensive Stereotypes Be Banned?

Pick yer option

• There should be no offensive stereotypes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Allow offensive stereotypes, but not abusive ones

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Actors should be of the same ethnicity as their character

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's acting folks...anyone can play anyone

Votes: 14 100.0%

• Total voters

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So odd.
The underlined word is so oft used.
I only used it once (in the same manner),
but my post was deleted & I was warned.
Further commentary no can do.
You've got to be kidding me. That word is about as mild as it comes.

Gadzooks if that's the case, it's much worse than I thought then.

Even the FCC allows it over the airwaves.

Shadow Link

It doesn't get any more "butthurt snowflake" than crying over some silly flag ritual.
Yeah, I think the announcement of the Anthem should include "Please rise, sit, lay down, or kneel for the playing of our National Anthem." Problem solved, unless the snowflakes want to stand on their heads.

Shad

Veteran Member
Everyone has heard the controversy about Dan Castellaneta voicing Apu Nahasapeemapetilon.
Some south Asians are offended by Apu.
Some are offended that an Italian Americastanian is voicing him.
But Scots love Groundskeeper Willie.
And no one objects to Bart being voiced by a woman.
What say you, vaunted members of RF?

It could kill some forms of comedy which use stereotypes as setup for jokes. It could restrict the production of movies which dispel those very stereotypes. If people do not like movies and shows which use stereotypes just do not watch those shows.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It seems this generation in particular has the concentrated version and forgot to dilute it with water.
Gen-X, Millennials, and the iGen aren't the ones who tried to say "the first amendment does not apply to rock 'n roll" and we didn't put "Parental Advisory" labels on records, we didn't put "under god" in the pledge of allegiance and try to criminalize flag burning, we didn't ban alcohol, we didn't criminalize homosexuality, and we weren't seeing the devil in every corner during the 80's and 90's (those of us where were around at that time, anyways). Those who came before us though, they are the ones who tried to say Judas Priest is subliminally commanding us to kill ourselves and Led Zeppelin was singing hidden praises to Satan.
There has always been those who go too far in trying to control others to unreasonable extents. It's nothing more than foolish generational superiority to think otherwise.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Gen-X, Millennials, and the iGen aren't the ones who tried to say "the first amendment does not apply to rock 'n roll" and we didn't put "Parental Advisory" labels on records, we didn't put "under god" in the pledge of allegiance and try to criminalize flag burning, we didn't ban alcohol, we didn't criminalize homosexuality, and we weren't seeing the devil in every corner during the 80's and 90's (those of us where were around at that time, anyways). Those who came before us though, they are the ones who tried to say Judas Priest is subliminally commanding us to kill ourselves and Led Zeppelin was singing hidden praises to Satan.
There has always been those who go too far in trying to control others to unreasonable extents. It's nothing more than foolish generational superiority to think otherwise.
Aye, the PC police know no particular generation.