• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

wellwisher

A good science theory should be able to make predictions. The theory of Evolution is not a good theory since it cannot make accurate predictions. Evolutionary theory has to depend too much on a type of divine intervention knockoff, connected to statistical assumptions of odds. The gods of statistics are fickle, so predictions cannot be made; whims of the gods.

What I noticed is that science theory, that can make predictions, is accepted by religion. Nobody in upset about the various theories of Einstein or Newton. Religion is not upset about DNA or earthquakes. Religion get defensive when an atheist religion tries to muscles in under the false pretenses, of being a first tier theory.

I can fire a projectile and based on angle and muzzle velocity know where it will land. I do not have to throw dice and/or be frozen by the whims of the gods. Evolution is more like a good rough draft of a theory. It needs work until it can make accurate predictions. It is too soon to be called settled science.

MikeF

Premium Member
A good science theory should be able to make predictions. The theory of Evolution is not a good theory since it cannot make accurate predictions. Evolutionary theory has to depend too much on a type of divine intervention knockoff, connected to statistical assumptions of odds. The gods of statistics are fickle, so predictions cannot be made; whims of the gods.

What I noticed is that science theory, that can make predictions, is accepted by religion. Nobody in upset about the various theories of Einstein or Newton. Religion is not upset about DNA or earthquakes. Religion get defensive when an atheist religion tries to muscles in under the false pretenses, of being a first tier theory.

I can fire a projectile and based on angle and muzzle velocity know where it will land. I do not have to throw dice and/or be frozen by the whims of the gods. Evolution is more like a good rough draft of a theory. It needs work until it can make accurate predictions. It is too soon to be called settled science.
I would say that you do not have an appreciation for the scale of time required for the mechanism of evolution. That you do not perceive new species in the timeframe of recorded human history does not mean there will be no new species in the future and that new species won't arise as would be predicted by the theory of evolution.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Once upon a time, there were no humans on Earth.
But the leading lifeform was bacteria.
Therefore, there are transitional forms between us and bacteria.
Therefore, there are transitional forms (living on the planet) between us in 2021 AD and bacteria some billion years ago.

Later the leading lifeform became underwater plants.
There were no humans on Earth.
Thus, there are transitional forms between us and plants.

Later the leading lifeform became fish.
Thus, there are transitional forms between us and fish.

Later the leading lifeform became monkeys.
Thus, there are transitional forms between us and monkeys.

But the transitional forms are not capable of living and surviving.

253008335_c782ec1a9271ddbc1d4cb224a563bae0_800.jpg

We came to contradiction, therefore there is God.

interesting that each life form you mentioned is a transitional life form. All life forms are transitional

MikeF

Premium Member
Therefore, there are transitional forms (living on the planet) between us in 2021 AD and bacteria some billion years ago.

I take exception to your use of the subjective characterization that there is a "leading lifeform" in any particular era of evolution. You incorrectly imply that all of life is leading to a particular end, the evolution of human beings. It is serendipity that human beings evolved. If we were to become extinct tomorrow, there is nothing to suggest that some other species can't lead to the evolution of a future species with cognitive abilities similar to our own. May take 10 million, 50 million, or 100 million years, or it may never come to pass.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

Evolution has wonderful predictive value.
An example is applying it to...
Genetic algorithm - Wikipedia
But what of the alternative, ie, "God did it"?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
There are transitional forms between any of transitional form and us in 2021 AD.

Yes

See my avatar, transitional. It's a cro magnon skull, it is human, identified as fully modern human yet there are considerable differences between the skeleton and skull of cro magnon and modem humans, bone density and size being the main ones but cross sectional bone shape also differs.

You are a transitional form between your parent's and any offspring you may have. And so it has been through history.

Your problem is you dream of giant step changes and say "ha! got ya" when evolution is a slow and gradual process and the only one you get is yourself because you are unwilling to actually research the topic.

Have you not considered that we all look different for a reason. If your claim were true we would be a world of identical clones

questfortruth

You incorrectly imply that all of life is leading to a particular end, the evolution of human beings.
I have picked the humans in each of the examples not because it is different from modern birds or pigs, but just as an example of beings, who inherit Earth in 2021 AD. And who were not on Earth the time when were only fish, plants, bacteria.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

I wonder....
Is your Riemann Hypothesis proof of this caliber?

MikeF

Premium Member
You are a transitional form between your parent's and any offspring you may have. And so it has been through history.

We are each a unique sub-species of the species Homo Sapiens.

I love this idea and it speaks to the reality that the cosmos, and everything in it, is in a constant state of change.

MikeF

Premium Member
I have picked the humans in each of the examples not because it is different from modern birds or pigs, but just as an example of beings, who inherit Earth in 2021 AD. And who were not on Earth the time when were only fish, plants, bacteria.
Did we inherit the earth, or take it over?

firedragon

Veteran Member

Thats proof?