• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Short poem

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Semi dedicated to multiple people in the long twists and turns that is life:

I didn't realize what I had.
And now it makes me sad.
I couldn't fill in the missing pieces.
To form a full picture of what could have been.
I guess love ceases.
And that was back then.

I just wanted you to know, that I still care, I still think.
Hopefully I can love someone else.
That there's someone, somewhere, who I can be with.
And the ship doesn't sink.
But life isn't all rings. Rings of a bell.
When you take a shot, sometimes you miss.

:partlysunny:

Eyes to See

It's melancholic, I guess. I've learned that you can make love last. You have got to communicate well, spend time together alone regularly, and always forgive.

There are those that are so wrapped up with themselves or the pursuit of material possessions, fame, power, and what not. that they forget, or perhaps never even learn, the priceless things in life are things money cannot buy.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It's melancholic, I guess. I've learned that you can make love last. You have got to communicate well, spend time together alone regularly, and always forgive.

There are those that are so wrapped up with themselves or the pursuit of material possessions, fame, power, and what not. that they forget, or perhaps never even learn, the priceless things in life are things money cannot buy.

This.

And I agree on making love last, but I would say that my expectations of 'love' and how some other people honestly see it are quite different. I'm not the 'burn white hot' type, I much prefer someone to share a life with, with all that entails.