• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shoralthism. I Literally Worship a Dragon God

Hello everyone, I decided to make this post about my new religion, Shoralthism. Some may think this is some parody religion like Pastafarianism, but I assure you this is a real religion. The reason why some might think that you may ask? Well, there is a God worshiped in this religion, and this God is a Dragon God. Now let me explain this a bit. I always saw Dragons as spiritual creatures, maybe even holy creatures, and other religions has worshiped animal like creatures, and Dragons had been shown in many religions like European and Asian religions, as well as in the Bible.

What are some of it's Basic Beliefs?
I could write a whole essay and probably a whole book about this, as it's been in development for sometime now, but it's a brand new religion. Shoralthism is a monotheistic religion who worships Shoralth, the Dragon God I talked about. We mainly focus on meditation, prayer, the afterlife, inner peace((Like many of the other religions here, possibly all of them)), and creating new traditions as well as partaking in old traditions. Some of the basic teachings is that meat eating is a holy act((As eating it's flesh ensures it does not go to waste, and you receive the mortal energy from the spirit which has passed into the afterlife)), murder((Unless out of self defense or while fighting a enemy in a war)) and rape must be met with punishment, scam-artists and pedophiles are scum and a abomination, Each of us are souls, Sexual intercourse and masturbation is not demonized but appreciated, accept each person no matter race gender or orientation, do not enforce Shoralthism, stay true to yourself, and never shame other religions.

The Afterlife
This one might get tricky, as in this might seem stupid and foolish, and some might ask why the **** I believe in this, but ever the less here I go. There are three realms within the afterlife, Vinmora and Frullavox, which is what we are going to talk about. There is no hell, but if you go against his rules he'll send back to this world to fix your mistakes, but you can also come back by choice when you get bored of the afterlife.
Vinmora
Vinmora is where Shoralth lives, as well as most spirits. It is a nice cool realm and breezy winds like the beach at night. It has many names, like heaven and the spirit world, and is is described as a paradise because you can never feel pain and never go hungry((But food can still be enjoyed)), you will never have to use the bathroom, war never rages within, and you live the way you want. Many people live in Vinmora as they did in life, from futuristic cities to tribesmen around campfires, but you can live as your own within your own palace to living as a nomad. It is described that it is always night but bright to where you can see, and it ranges from flat lands, forest, deserts, tundras, you name it.
Frullavox
Like Valhalla, Frullavox is pretty much for the warrior types, but instead of drinking halls and gods, it is a battle field full of enemies. There are no guns tanks or airstrikes, but swords spears axes shields bows and steel to light armors((Like the old days)), and you fight the forces of three evil corrupt kings. Again, this afterlife is for the warrior types who wish to continue fighting, or those who were not warriors but want to spend some or all of the afterlife in glory, it's not like Shoralth is going to have a draft in Vinmora.

Why did I Post This?
I wanted to share my religious beliefs and my new religion, as many do and being the many purposes of this site. I pretty much have this as my self religion, but I have no problem with those who want to join or those who seek more information. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Have a long lasting life of joy, Shoralth Bless You.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Sounds fine to me. I'm just wondering where you got the terms from? Did you come up with them yourself or find them somewhere else?

EverChanging

Some I borrowed, and others were I made myself which seemed like good beliefs.

Do they merely have a practical benefit, the beliefs help you lead a more fulfilling life? Or do you believe that the Dragon God and your version of the afterlife are literal existing realities?