• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shop With Your Heart

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If you are like me, and consider yourself an animal welfare advocate, but also feel that our place within the Great Web of Life includes the ingestion of protein from animal sources, you may have found it hard to reconcile that view with the current, unethical, practices of our Agricultural Industry.

I would like to present some shopping labels to look for, as put forward by the ASPCA. Not only are these animals that are treated in a humane and ethical manner, which is what these 3 lables are meant to indicate, it also means the slaughterhouses that these animal's are culled in, also have to abide by these same ethical guidelines.

IMG_20200627_142431.png

IMG_20200627_142443.png

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
For me both your links failed with a

Religious Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album.

Don't know of others get the same

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
If you are like me, and consider yourself an animal welfare advocate, but also feel that our place within the Great Web of Life includes the ingestion of protein from animal sources, you may have found it hard to reconcile that view with the current, unethical, practices of our Agricultural Industry.

I would like to present some shopping labels to look for, as put forward by the ASPCA. Not only are these animals that are treated in a humane and ethical manner, which is what these 3 lables are meant to indicate, it also means the slaughterhouses that these animal's are culled in, also have to abide by these same ethical guidelines.

View attachment 41077
View attachment 41078
I do like that. While I eat meat I'm venomously against animal cruelty which includes slaughter procedures themselves. I think I get more upset than PETA sometimes.

One very big win for me would be cultured based meat. The only thing the animal suffers would be the removal of some of its DNA and say one cow for instance could feed thousands and thousands of people with its meat without sacrificing its life, as opposed to feeding just a few hundred with the animal being completely consumed. And if the cow has extra tasty qualities per se, that particular meat will be around a lot longer. It will give a whole new meaning to farming the animal in a very good way.

It would drastically reduce the herd population, save on grains and maintenance to keep the animal alive because of a reduced herd size and would do the wonders for the ecology and the economy I would think.

I'm still looking around my store in the meat specialty aisle where they have lots of substitutes, but not real bonafide meat that is culture grown. I would love to try it out and I would certainly enjoy it more knowing that no animal died because of it.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I do like that. While I eat meat I'm venomously against animal cruelty which includes slaughter procedures themselves. I think I get more upset than PETA sometimes.

One very big win for me would be cultured based meat. The only thing the animal suffers would be the removal of some of its DNA and say one cow for instance could feed thousands and thousands of people with its meat without sacrificing its life, as opposed to feeding just a few hundred with the animal being completely consumed. And if the cow has extra tasty qualities per se, that particular meat will be around a lot longer. It will give a whole new meaning to farming the animal in a very good way.

It would drastically reduce the herd population, save on grains and maintenance to keep the animal alive because of a reduced herd size and would do the wonders for the ecology and the economy I would think.

I'm still looking around my store in the meat specialty aisle where they have lots of substitutes, but not real bonafide meat that is culture grown. I would love to try it out and I would certainly enjoy it more knowing that no animal died because of it.

I agree, and can get just as vocal, although PETA is a joke in and of themselves. I really would like to see lab/cultured meat become more popular as well, it is a great solution to the ethical treatment of animals that we eat for food. This would go a great ways towards making our species and way of life more sustainable.