• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shiva as Lord of the Dance

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I have one also. It was a gift with one of my first orders at Rudra Centre, great site btw. I have a couple of small rudraksha malas also. I was wearing a rudraksha mala along with a small tulsi kanthi mala for a while. I don't know if it's the roughness of the rudraksha, or it was a sign I shouldn't wear it, but I felt a heat on my neck while it was on. Of course my tulsi mala broke, as all my tulsi kanthi malas do. :rolleyes: I can't keep a tulsi kanthi mala or plant for love or money. :(
The single bead, although I was wearing it at night, tucked up into the little hole behind the ear, and bruised muscles. It took my ENT friend from temple to figure it out.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The single bead, although I was wearing it at night, tucked up into the little hole behind the ear, and bruised muscles. It took my ENT friend from temple to figure it out.

:eek:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I wear no adornment and very comfortable with that. No rings, no watch, no chains, no belt, no purse, no card, no mobile phone. I always kept my money in the trouser pockets. But then I am a retired person, though I had left these things in even my working life. Office and home watches were enough for me. :)

Last edited:

Sagarworld

Sagarworld
This festival historical roots in the tradition of dance.

It has been iconic and single-handedly served as an emergence of the historic confluence of the various artist for the annual dance festivals in major ancient Hindu temples; Konark, Khajuraho, Pattadakal, Chidambaram and Modhera.

This form of prayer or offering is called Natyanjali, which means ‘Worship through Dance’ and this study is called ‘Natya Shastra’.

The Natraj is the dance of tandava and it is believed that on the day of Shivratri, Lord Shiva had actually danced the Tandava, his cosmic dance.
He is thus, revered as the god of dance. Very often he is seen in this posture in academies that teach dance.

Last edited by a moderator: