• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shirk

Does watching fictional films with characters for example that can cause eclipse to happen or some extraordinary abilities consider shirk?As in associating Allah's attributes with someone else?(Attributing, considering, or portraying God's knowledge or might to being those of anyone else?)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
That's a very good question Vivandall.

I will ask the question and will get back to you with the answer in a few days time.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Hi vivandal.

I asked the question to some scholars from the website:.: Dar Al-Iftaa | ??? ??????? ??????? :. and they said that it is fiction (ie imagination) which is portrayed by such movies therefore it doest equate to shirk.

This is the question and answer:

Doubtful matters

Date : 10/22/2013

Assalamu alaykum respected Scholars. I hope you and your families are in good health and of strong iman insha Allah. Someone has asked me the question of whether a person commits shirk by watching a movie in which a human is portrayed as having super human powers such as the ability to create thunder/rain or other things which can only come from Allah. Does one commit shirk by watching such movies or reading such fictional books of this nature. May Allah reward you for your time and efforts.

Answer : Fatwa Council
This is a kind of fiction and not claiming Divinity.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I do not have much time and I won't have access to the internet after today for a while due to travels.

If you would like to further investigate this, then fell free to ask the question to the brothers at the following website Islamhelpline

They should give a more thorough answer to you.

seeking4truth

Shirk surely is whatever stops you from fulfilling your obligations to God or anything which you rely on where you should rely on God.
Eg. He requires you to pray to him a minimum of 5 times a day.
Anything which stops you from doing that has been placed where He belongs and is therefore shirk.

muhammad_isa

Shirk surely is whatever stops you from fulfilling your obligations to God or anything which you rely on where you should rely on God..

Shirk in itself can be divided into three types:

- Ash-Shirk ul-Akbar (The major shirk)
- Ash-Shirk ul-Asghar (The small shirk)
- Ash-Shirk ul-Khafie (The hidden shirk)

The major shirk is the main one, which takes us out of 'the fold of Islam':

"Verily, Allaah forgives not that partners should be set up with him in worship, but He forgives except that (anything else) to whom He pleases, and whoever sets up partners with Allaah in worship, he has indeed invented a tremendous sin." (Nisaa, 4:48)