• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shifting strategic alliances

BlandOatmeal

Where are the reasons for these silly accusations such as US in love with MB and Hamas
Assad,

I have no idea what you're talking about. As far as I can recall, I haven't posted anything here that is "silly". As for the US being in love with the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas, perhaps you are confused into thinking that the PEOPLE of the US personally have a good opinion of those terrorist groups. They certainly do not, as some recent polls have shown. As for our LEADERS, particularly President Obama, Yes, it is true that they have followed a foreign policy in support of HAMAS and the MB. They also support Turkey's President Erdogan, himself the member of a political party closely allied with the MB, who has a fetish about supporting HAMAS and even staged an international incident a few years ago to illegally break the Israeli arms blockade of HAMAS-controlled Gaza. Erdogan also has been a strong supporter of the Egyptian MB and its leaders, something Mr. Obama has also been adamant about.

I hope that satisfactorally answers your question. You asked for my reasons, I believe, and I gave them. I don't want this thread to be hijacked into a discussion over tangential issues. For the sake of this thread, the US has definitely taken on a direction in favor of the MB and affiliates, which has poisoned our relations with Egypt, Saudi Arabia and most of the Arab world. It has also caused division between the majority of Arabs, on the one hand, and the countries of Qatar and NATO-allied Turkey on the other. That is a major rift in the world strategic order. Ironically, it places Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Israel on one side; and Turkey, Qatar, the US and several terrorist groups on the other.

Wednesday, 05 March 2014 - 04 Jumada Al-Awwal 1435 H
MID-EAST
Egypt court bans Hamas

-- Egypt court bans Hamas | Mid-East | Saudi Gazette

Saudi Arabia designates Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group
RIYADH Fri Mar 7, 2014 12:48pm EST

-- Saudi Arabia designates Muslim Brotherhood terrorist group | Reuters

Egypt's foreign ministry praises Saudi Muslim Brotherhood ban
Saturday, 08 March 2014 11:45

-- https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/n...ministry-praises-saudi-muslim-brotherhood-ban

Egypt Pulls Ambassador From Qatar
By DAVID D. KIRKPATRICKMARCH 6, 2014

"CAIRO — Egypt on Thursday became the fourth Arab state in two days to pull its ambassador from Qatar over its support for Islamists around the region, including the deposed Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi and his supporters in the Muslim Brotherhood..."

-- http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/07/world/middleeast/egypt-withdraws-ambassador-from-qatar.html?_r=0

GCC rift another blow to Erdogan’s Mideast policies
Author Semih Idiz Posted March 7, 2014

-- GCC rift another blow to Erdogan

Obama Praises Jihad-Supporting Turkish Prime Minister
May 22, 2013 by Joseph Klein

Obama-and-Erdogan-450x309.jpg

Erdogan (L) and Obama

-- Obama Praises Jihad-Supporting Turkish Prime Minister | FrontPage Magazine

Russia Influence Grows to Replace the US Around the World
Mar. 3, 2014 12:11pm
John Linder

"...in Egypt, we supported forces committed to overthrowing a long time leader with whom we had good relations. If our government knew what animated these new allies they did not inform us. We only learned after the fact that they were not our friends. We continued to send them foreign aid.

"The newly elected Morsi government moved quickly to impose Sharia law and mock our ally, Israel. That was more than Egypt had bargained for and the military stepped in. They are looking to Russia for aid. An alliance between the United States and Egypt that had been improving since Camp David in 1979 is down the drain..."

-- Linder Letter: Russia Influence Grows to Replace the US Around the World | TheBlaze.com

Last edited:

BlandOatmeal

Where are the reasons for these silly accusations such as US in love with MB and Hamas
BTW, Assad. Please forgive me for implying that you are a Shi'ite. There is a poster on RF who describes himself as such, with whom I have also had some occasion to talk; and I had you confused with him.

Please notice my personal message. I meant it. One thing Christians don't have much occasion to do, is talk with one another about scriptures. The church system simply isn't set up for this, and most self-described Christians have done time in the church system. Christianity is set up, so there is one leader -- who is the only one talking -- and dozens or thousands of followers who listen and are not allowed to disagree (Disagreeing with the leader is looked upon as damnable heresy). I imagine Islam is similar. There is a lot more freedom in what I've seen of Judaism, where arguing is looked upon as a virtue; but becoming a Jew is about the most difficult thing on earth to do -- even if your ancestors are Jewish.

I really like discussing religion in a mutually respectful manner (something not available on the Internet); and I especially would like to hear from someone, such as yourself, who comes from a complementary tradition (You do, don't you? Or are you a convert?)

PS -- I just noticed that you DO describe yourself as a Shi'ite -- I'm less confused than I thought. My apology for the apology!