• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shield of David and Sri Yantra

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The belief that people evolved from one source is being overturned. Additionally, while some people believe that all human languages have one ancestor (Proto-World theory) language’s origins are so far back in time there’s no written records or reliable reconstruction methods. So to say that all religions and/or languages have a common root is speculation... actually it’s a flight of fancy.

to say they aren't is a flight of fancy too because there is no historical record. claiming that something comes from nothing is even more fanciful.

they all come from a conscious source, its simply called mind in some circles. in some other system it's called brahman, yet another it's called spirit, et al.

what ultimate reality would create confusion in itself to bring reality into a state of chaos? what reality might create different forms of reality and that reality appear confusing to it's forms?

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
to say they aren't is a flight of fancy too because there is no historical record. claiming that something comes from nothing is even more fanciful.

You’re backpedaling and strawmanning. No one said anything about coming from nothing. It’s no flight of fancy to not be able to draw a conclusion if there’s no evidence for that conclusion. Wishing for something doesn’t make it so.

they all come from a conscious source, its simply called mind in some circles. in some other system it's called brahman, yet another it's called spirit, et al.

You’ve formed a conclusion and are trying to back into it. Confirmation bias.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
the author admits the dates are a guess. the author doesn't admit that they didn't evolve as they did. research shows that cultures grew/evolved and influenced other cultures. it's not a leap of faith.

Everyone is free to make charts, make hypotheses, it's what historians do. There are many views. As to the OP, it's the shadkona you should be looking at, not the Sri Yantra. The Star of David and the shadkona are identical 6 pointed stars. But it's such a simple design, it's easy to grasp how they could have come about independently. Most likely it comes up elsewhere as well, like in some indigenous faiths. Doesn't mean there's some historical connection at all.

I found another ... Kagome crest in Shinto.

Kagome crest - WikiVisually

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
You're still trying to force the issue that there are direct 1:1 correspondences between religious beliefs and symbols. That's like saying that birds, insects, bats and pterosaurs all have wings because they have a common winged ancestor. But they are examples of convergent evolution. Or to say that Spanish "embarazada" (pregnant) and English "embarrassed" are related and have a common ancestor. They are coincidentally similar, called "false friends" in linguistics. Similarly there are false cognates: words that have exactly the same meanings in different, usually unrelated languages, but different origins. Dog in English and dog in Mbabaram an extinct Australian language, mean exactly the same thing and are pronounced exactly the same. But they are unrelated.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
You're still trying to force the issue that there are direct 1:1 correspondences between religious beliefs and symbols. That's like saying that birds, insects, bats and pterosaurs all have wings because they have a common winged ancestor. But they are examples of convergent evolution. Or to say that Spanish "embarazada" (pregnant) and English "embarrassed" are related and have a common ancestor. They are coincidentally similar, called "false friends" in linguistics. Similarly there are false cognates: words that have exactly the same meanings in different, usually unrelated languages, but different origins. Dog in English and dog in Mbabaram an extinct Australian language, mean exactly the same thing and are pronounced exactly the same. But they are unrelated.

i'm implying that the unconscious rings true to most belief systems and manifests in some form in different cultures as similar forms

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
i'm implying that the unconscious rings true to most belief systems and manifests in some form in different cultures as similar forms

Indeed, an inverted triangle superimposed on another triangle is a form from the subconscious. That and many other shapes, like squares, circles, etc. Most likely half the doodlers (people who draw artistic shapes on the edges of their notes while killing time in boring meetings) on the planet have probably drawn one at one time or another. My favorite was the pretzel knot.

Somebody needs to invent a doodler ap for the computer.

Star polygons in art and culture - Wikipedia

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

That's true to an extent but you've been trying make direct 1:1 correspondences and comparisons, trying to prove that all religions have a common root, e.g. the Sri yantra and Star of David. Not all religions hold the same beliefs. Some have diverged from a common ancestor (PIE, Indo-Iranian, Hinduism, European polytheism and pagan religions). Some are the same but seen through different cultural lenses: I see Thor, Donar, Perun, Taranis, and possibly Zeus, Indra and Śakra as probably the same deities with attributes added (e.g. king of gods/devas, sky king) and/or removed.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
That's true to an extent but you've been trying make direct 1:1 correspondences and comparisons, trying to prove that all religions have a common root, e.g. the Sri yantra and Star of David. Not all religions hold the same beliefs. Some have diverged from a common ancestor (PIE, Indo-Iranian, Hinduism, European polytheism and pagan religions). Some are the same but seen through different cultural lenses: I see Thor, Donar, Perun, Taranis, and possibly Zeus, Indra and Śakra as probably the same deities with attributes added (e.g. king of gods/devas, sky king) and/or removed.

I'm not asking anyone to change their form of worship, belief. i'm asking people to not just recognize the outward appearance as different but not more/less. its an appearance. how does it make something better/worse by its actions.

i understand that none of them hold 100% of the truth. there are environments that humans can't survive in. but a cultures belief system is literally cultivated in the environment that the people live in. we have more in common than forms convey on the surface.

but if we attempt to appear exclusive, there is never going to be dialogue and understanding and realization that they have anything in common.

abraham was derived brahma
sara his wife was derived from sarasvatti
hagar, abraham's consort/concubine, was derived from ghaggar.

this abraham from the abrahamic religion came from the east country. hinduism culture flourished all the way to the mideast in pre-roman times.

the middle east and the far east had a common trade route. they shared more than just silk. alexandria egypt was a major port for all the mediterranean

some suspect the ka'aba is a shiva shrine because of the lingam and yoni semblance.

mimicking is considered the sincerest "form" of flattery.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

OK, stop. just stop. :facepalm: We've been through this before. It was false then, it's false now, and it will always be false.

Meaning, origin and history of the name Abraham
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-etymology-of-Sanskrit-word-Brahma
Sarah (given name) - Wikipedia
Saraswati - Wikipedia
Meaning, origin and history of the name Hagar
Ghaggar-Hakra River - Wikipedia

This is all beyond silliness now.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
it is silliness if you take it literally

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.

egyptian culture influenced eastern culture via the egyptian dynasties

eastern culture then influenced western culture through zoroastrianism; which was influenced by hinduism

hinduism isn't that unique except on the surface, like any body of water. judaism isn't that unique. zoroastrianism isn't that unique. they all involve people trying to prove they are people.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
"Fool,",

Namaste,

Thanks for the information, but still does not mean that the two symbols are same
agreed the symbols are different in form. j

what about this one?

260px-Yin_yang.svg.png

or this one?

sandc.jpg

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The first one is the taijitu from Taoism. It represents duality that is complementary. What are you trying to compare it to?

Btw, back to the Sri yantra, you do realize it’s 3 dimensional don’t you? From the side it looks like a pyramid or a mountain. In fact one of its meanings is that it represents Mount Meru, the center of the universe. How is that similar to the Star of David?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
I'm not asking anyone to change their form of worship, belief. i'm asking people to not just recognize the outward appearance as different but not more/less. its an appearance. how does it make something better/worse by its actions.

i understand that none of them hold 100% of the truth. there are environments that humans can't survive in. but a cultures belief system is literally cultivated in the environment that the people live in. we have more in common than forms convey on the surface.

but if we attempt to appear exclusive, there is never going to be dialogue and understanding and realization that they have anything in common.

this abraham from the abrahamic religion came from the east country. hinduism culture flourished all the way to the mideast in pre-roman times.

the middle east and the far east had a common trade route. they shared more than just silk. alexandria egypt was a major port for all the mediterranean

some suspect the ka'aba is a shiva shrine because of the lingam and yoni semblance.

mimicking is considered the sincerest "form" of flattery.

Interestingly we have ancient historians telling us the Hebrew are from India.

"The tribe of Ioud or the Brahmin Abraham, left the Maturea of the kingdom of Oude in India and, settling in Goshen, or the house of the Sun or Heliopolis in Egypt, gave it the name of the place which they had left in India, Maturea." (Anacalypsis; Vol. I, p. 405.)

That settling in Egypt is also interesting since the Hebrew have the exodus from Egypt story.

Have you ever been to the Meru site? Meru Foundation Research: Unity and Wholeness: Two Companion Posters

The God of Abraham: A Mathematician's View

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

"The tribe of Ioud or the Brahmin Abraham, left the Maturea of the kingdom of Oude in India and, settling in Goshen, or the house of the Sun or Heliopolis in Egypt, gave it the name of the place which they had left in India, Maturea." (Anacalypsis; Vol. I, p. 405.)

That settling in Egypt is also interesting since the Hebrew have the exodus from Egypt story.

Have you ever been to the Meru site? Meru Foundation Research: Unity and Wholeness: Two Companion Posters

i have never been to the site but thanks for the link. I will have to peruse it.

I have read of other innstances that abraham was probably a brahman.

i have also read that melchizedek was possibly a holy man.

i also know that there is a salem india.

Krishna Melchizedek

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
i have never been to the site but thanks for the link. I will have to peruse it.

I have read of other innstances that abraham was probably a brahman.

i have also read that melchizedek was possibly a holy man.

i also know that there is a salem india.

Krishna Melchizedek

Yep, there are a lot of interesting connections.

Both had a caste system.

Both have a tree of life.

Just as Sarai-svati is Brahmas sister/wife, the Bible tells us Sarai is Abrahm's sister/wife.

The bible states that Abraham came from "Ur of the Chaldeans." Ur has a very ancient trade-link with India.

The bible also states that Ishmael, son of Hagar, and his descendants lived in India. "...Ishmael breathed his last and died, and was gathered to his kin... They dwelt from Havilah (India), by Shur, which is close to Egypt, all the way to Asshur." (Genesis 25:17-18.)

In SRINAGAR, India in the mountains of Kashmir they claim to have the tomb of Moses. According to the Old Testament, Moses was buried in the valley of "Moab over against Beth-Poer." They point out that Bandipore is the nearest town, known in ancient times as Bethpoer.”

Abrasax, a figure with Serpents for legs, 264; represented the Christos in the early church according to Tertullian, 264;

Epiphanius tells us that certain "heretics" even in his day had a god with serpent legs, "and they called it Abrasax." Tertullian also attacks certain Christians "who have taken unto themselves gods with wings, or with the heads of dogs, or of lions or serpents from the legs downwards.

This is VERY interesting as the ancient historians tell us the Hebrew come from India, and the Cernunnos/Pan figure with serpent legs has been found in India.

Archaeologists have also uncovered a temple to Pan/horned God, in Israel.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

In the following video the professor Gregory Riley of Religion at time stamp 28:00 states that the exile of the Israelites in Babylon influenced Judaism through Zoroastrianism.

Like Buddhism there is no cosmic entity that will save mankind from himself. The war wages within mankind himself as a mental conflict of negative and mental states of mind.

Best wishes in your journey.