• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shave and a Haircut: Two Bits!

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I have shaved every day since about 16, Only missed days when I was too sick to get out of bed, and sometimes even then in hospital. Even when I had a beard in the 50's I would shave the unwanted bits every day.
These days I shake too much for a blade, so I have gone electric with a Braun.

Hair cuts not so much, My daughter has sorted it every 6 to 8 weeks during the lock down.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
For those of you with long beards how in Muspelheim do you avoid eating your moustache?

I was clean shaven at the beginning of December and haven't shaved or trimmed my facial hair (or any hair at all for that matter) since.

I just comb my mustache to each side. I usually don't have a problem with eating my mustache.

The Crimson Universe

I just comb my mustache to each side. I usually don't have a problem with eating my mustac

Try keeping a beard without a moutache. That way you won't eat up your moustache. I kept it for a few years and people were like staring at me all the time whenever i went out. They were probably thinking i was a muslim or maybe an Amish guy. :D

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I was clean shaven at the beginning of December and haven't shaved or trimmed my facial hair (or any hair at all for that matter) since.

I just comb my mustache to each side. I usually don't have a problem with eating my mustache.

I wish combing it worked >_<.

I comb it multiple times a day, with a boar bristle brush to no avail. I think my only option is to use a hair straightener, but I'm not perturbed enough to do that.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I wish combing it worked >_<.

I comb it multiple times a day, with a boar bristle brush to no avail. I think my only option is to use a hair straightener, but I'm not perturbed enough to do that.
Have you tried mustache wax?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
We visit our hairdresser every 6 or 7 weeks. It costs a little more than 2 bits (or equivalent). Colour touch up and style for me, haircut, beard (and eyebrows) neatly trimmed for him

Hubby used to shave daily but for the last couple of years he skims over his chin with a number 2 hair clipper a couple of times between hairdresser visits.

The Crimson Universe

That or beading it are my next option. :D

Go for it brother. Time for the bad*** look :=)
images

Last edited by a moderator:

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Last time I fully shaved was my freshman year of college, circa 2002. My future wife told me she hated it, so I haven't done it since! Usually keep my beard somewhere in between short and scraggly, and trim about 2 times a week.

Sort of the same with my hair: my wife has always preferred it long, so I keep it in a ponytail and neaten it up every 2 months or so.