• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sharing testimony on Religious Forums

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Now that I am baptized and have the gift of the Holy Ghost I have been gathering a lot of testimony/religious forums topics.

What's wrong with Raelism and the Old Testament.
What's wrong with Raelism and the New Testament.
Joseph Smith's King Fallot sermon and the why the R is the first letter in the Torah and not the B.
Emulating the Savior in his most powerful activity.
Emulating the Savior in more accessible activity.
Latter-day Saints and UFOs and Extra-Terrestrials.
Similarities between Raelians and Latter-day Saints and what we can do for/with them.
The influence of the Holy Ghost vs. the gift of the Holy Ghost.
How to not be rebellious.

Let me know if you would like to help me with any of these.

Trackdayguy

Speed doesn't kill, it's hitting the wall
Now that I am baptized and have the gift of the Holy Ghost I have been gathering a lot of testimony/religious forums topics.

Joseph Smith's King Fallot sermon and the why the R is the first letter in the Torah and not the B.
Similarities between Raelians and Latter-day Saints and what we can do for/with them.

Good luck

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian

What is this "gift" you've received from this so-called "Holy Ghost"?

dianaiad

uhmnn....

I've been LDS for 69 years and I can't help you with any of these.

Well, perhaps the Latter-day saints, and UFO's and extra-terrestrials.

I believe in unidentified flying objects. They are unidentified until they, er, are. Then they are IFO's.

Extra-terrestrials. Well, we DO believe that God created the universe, including 'worlds without number," and it makes sense that at least one or two of them besides ours has people on it ("People" identified as 'beings who think about stuff like extraterrestrials and UFO's, and argue about them).

I sorta like the Pearl of Great Price and what it says about life elsewhere.

Oh...and everybody can have the influence of the Holy Ghost...how in the world do you think anybody would get a positive answer to "Moroni's promise" or any other question, if they couldn't?

the 'gift' of the Holy Ghost is something you get when you are confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. It's your own personal kick in the conscience. I suppose it's more about who goes first, I suppose. "Influence," you have to ask. "Gift of," means He'll answer you whether you ask or not, if you pay attention.

Or rather, that's been my experience. Not that my experiences are exactly objective proof.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
What is this "gift" you've received from this so-called "Holy Ghost"?
the 'gift' of the Holy Ghost is something you get when you are confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. It's your own personal kick in the conscience. I suppose it's more about who goes first, I suppose. "Influence," you have to ask. "Gift of," means He'll answer you whether you ask or not, if you pay attention.
The Holy Ghost let's us know right from wrong. The influence of the Holy Ghost doesn't guide us to the point where we will necessarily chose it especially if we are not trying to do what's right. The gift of the Holy Ghost includes things like eternal life and having a ready guide that you cannot falter with. It is like finding a pair of glasses vs. owning them. The first pair might not be your prescription but the second pair is just for you.

More advanced: The Holy Ghost lets us understand truth and in particular helps us be part of the relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Oh...and everybody can have the influence of the Holy Ghost...how in the world do you think anybody would get a positive answer to "Moroni's promise" or any other question, if they couldn't?
I think the influence of the Holy Ghost is for those who have a broken heart and contrite spirit, and is found among all of God's children.

dianaiad

The Holy Ghost let's us know right from wrong. The influence of the Holy Ghost doesn't guide us to the point where we will necessarily chose it especially if we are not trying to do what's right. The gift of the Holy Ghost includes things like eternal life and having a ready guide that you cannot falter with. It is like finding a pair of glasses vs. owning them. The first pair might not be your prescription but the second pair is just for you.

More advanced: The Holy Ghost lets us understand truth and in particular helps us be part of the relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

That expands what I was attempting to say. Thanks.