• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share your cookbooks!

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Does anyone have a favourite cookbook/recipe book (or two) that they'd like to share (provide a link if you can)? What do you like about it? What are your favourite recipes from it? It doesn't matter if it's old or out-of-print -- let's all spread the love of good food!! :p

Two of mine:

The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook -- it has some simply amazing recipes, even a non-vege would like them (with the possible exception of willything :p ). There are still reprints of this book kicking around, I got mine a couple of years ago new. *edit* I've posted one recipe from this book already, and I've got another in mind I'll be posting shortly. ;)

Cookery The Australian Way -- this is the recipe book we used in Home Economics at school, and mum's got a copy in her cupboard too. I managed to pick up one for myself at a second-hand shop a few years ago (after a long search). They must have reprinted it, cause it's back in the stores again I've just now discovered. It has some really old "stuff your mother/grandmother used to make" kind of recipes...really old fashioned. This is the book I use when I'm 'baking', as opposed to doing main meals - desserts and things like scones and cookies are the most-used recipes for me. Mmmm...golden syrup dumplings... *drools*

So, who's next? :D

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I have quite a few cookbooks, but the one I use the most is The Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook. It's got a lot of basic recipes and family favorites. It's the one I pull out when I'm cooking for guests or need to take a dish to a potluck.

I have about a dozen different vegetarian/vegan cookbooks, but my favorites are The Garden of Vegan and How it all Vegan. Some of the recipes are a little complicated, but there's a lot of simple recipes too and ones that show you how to make family favorites without any animal products. How it all Vegan also has a section on Health and Beauty products you can make yourself.