• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shalom!

Messianic Israelite

@Messianic Israelite

You wrote: I hope to discuss all things Bible related especially in regards to the Law and of faith, such as Creationism.
Me: Something tells me, you're gonna fit into RF just fine. I see you've already settled into your bumper car. Just make sure you have your helmet and seat belt strapped into place. Forum membership does not come with health insurance.

You wrote: I’m affiliated with the Assemblies of Yahweh who are also called Spiritual or Messianic Israelites hence my name ;). I guess we are similar in outlook to Messianic Jews.
Me: My guess is that Assemblies of Yahweh are not as similar to Messianic Jews in outlook as you'd like to think, but RF is filled with strange creatures and there's something new under the sun daily.

Note: At the top of any page, you should see a horizontal menu that looks like this:

View attachment 31731

Click on "FORUMS" and you'll see a list of "sub-Forums" (i.e. topics and Directorys) that starts with this:

View attachment 31732

Click on "Christianity DIR" and you'll see this:

View attachment 31733
Click on "Restorationists DIR" (under Christian Denominations DIR)

View attachment 31734
My guess is that your "Assemblies of Yahweh" would, if it had its own DIR (i.e. "Safe Haven"), settle in in the midst of the other Restorationists. You may be the first-and-only AoY right now, but if you multiply sufficiently maybe somebody among the Staff will give you your very own DIR.
Hi Terry. Thanks for that. I will definitely check the restorationists threads out. Thanks for taking the time to explain that.

Terry Sampson

There is a Messianic Judaism DIR for this.

Aye, ... however, Assemblies of Yahweh - Wikipedia

• The Assemblies of Yahweh is a nonprofit religious organization with its international headquarters in Bethel, Pennsylvania, United States. The organization developed independently out of a radio ministry begun by Jacob O. Meyer in 1966. The Assemblies of Yahweh is the largest sacred name group, but it is not part of the Sacred Name Movement.
  • The Assemblies of Yahweh consider themselves to be the reconstituted Apostolic Assembly that went into dormancy in AD 70. The sect's founder, Jacob O. Meyer (November 11, 1934–April 9, 2010), learned about the name Yahweh while he was taking a Biblical theological course. As a result, he became convinced of the importance of exclusively employing the names Yahweh for God and later, Yahshua for Jesus. Meyer went on to found the Assemblies of Yahweh in 1969. The organization sometimes refers to itself as "Modern Day Elijah", because Hebrew: אֱלִיָּהוּ, Eliyahu, means "My El is Yahweh") alluding also to Malachi 4 and Mark 9:12 concerning the return of the worship of Yahweh in the "latter days".
    The Assemblies leadership call their faith 'True Worship', rather than Christianity or Judaism. They are less commonly known as Messianic (or Spiritual) Israelites, possibly based on John 4:23.[7]

Messianic Israelite

Welcome to RF. Are the "Assemblies of Yahweh" just another way of saying "Assemblies of G-d", or is it a different denomination?
Hi David. Good evening. It is a different denomination but often when I explain the Assemblies of Yahweh I liken it to the name Assemblies of G-d because not everyone has heard of the name Yahweh although everyone has heard of the abbreviated form ‘Yah’ as in HalleluYah.

A number of people from the Assemblies of G-d have converted to the Assemblies of Yahweh in fact.

Messianic.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Aye, ... however, Assemblies of Yahweh - Wikipedia

• The Assemblies of Yahweh is a nonprofit religious organization with its international headquarters in Bethel, Pennsylvania, United States. The organization developed independently out of a radio ministry begun by Jacob O. Meyer in 1966. The Assemblies of Yahweh is the largest sacred name group, but it is not part of the Sacred Name Movement.
  • The Assemblies of Yahweh consider themselves to be the reconstituted Apostolic Assembly that went into dormancy in AD 70. The sect's founder, Jacob O. Meyer (November 11, 1934–April 9, 2010), learned about the name Yahweh while he was taking a Biblical theological course. As a result, he became convinced of the importance of exclusively employing the names Yahweh for God and later, Yahshua for Jesus. Meyer went on to found the Assemblies of Yahweh in 1969. The organization sometimes refers to itself as "Modern Day Elijah", because Hebrew: אֱלִיָּהוּ, Eliyahu, means "My El is Yahweh") alluding also to Malachi 4 and Mark 9:12 concerning the return of the worship of Yahweh in the "latter days".
    The Assemblies leadership call their faith 'True Worship', rather than Christianity or Judaism. They are less commonly known as Messianic (or Spiritual) Israelites, possibly based on John 4:23.[7]
It seems to be a take on the Messianic Judaism strain, as most Messianic Jews aren't Jewish and many of them come from the above communities mentioned. Staff will maybe need to talk about this.

Rival

Si m'ait Dieus
Staff member
Premium Member
Except that our new member is not a Messianic Jew.
His username could have fooled me. I was just thinking for the best place for him to post, otherwise he has no DIR at all apart from general Abrahamic.

Terry Sampson

Staff will maybe need to talk about this.

:) Indeed.

Allow me to ask Messianic Israelite a question.

@Messianic Israelite, Would you be comfortable praying the following blessing: "Baruch atah Adonai, I give you thanks that you have not made me a Jew, a Christian, or a Muslim, but have made me a True Worshipper." ?

John 4:23 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Hi everyone :). I’m new to these forums. I have used other forums in the past. I hope to discuss all things Bible related especially in regards to the Law and of faith, such as Creationism.

Right now I’m studying the Laws of the Old Testament or Hebrew Scriptures and I’m finding it enlightening.

I’m affiliated with the Assemblies of Yahweh who are also called Spiritual or Messianic Israelites hence my name ;). I guess we are similar in outlook to Messianic Jews.

I look forward to having some faith building discussions :sparkles:.

Thanks.
Welcome to RF :)

Shakazuluuuuu

Deist I guess what that is
Hi everyone :). I’m new to these forums. I have used other forums in the past. I hope to discuss all things Bible related especially in regards to the Law and of faith, such as Creationism.

Right now I’m studying the Laws of the Old Testament or Hebrew Scriptures and I’m finding it enlightening.

I’m affiliated with the Assemblies of Yahweh who are also called Spiritual or Messianic Israelites hence my name ;). I guess we are similar in outlook to Messianic Jews.

I look forward to having some faith building discussions :sparkles:.

Thanks.
My greetings out to you.

Messianic Israelite

:) Indeed.

Allow me to ask Messianic Israelite a question.

@Messianic Israelite, Would you be comfortable praying the following blessing: "Baruch atah Adonai, I give you thanks that you have not made me a Jew, a Christian, or a Muslim, but have made me a True Worshipper." ?

John 4:23 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such as these to worship him.

Well based on Luke 18:11 I wouldn't feel comfortable praying that prayer. The idea that I am better than all others just because of my religious affiliation isn't something that I would ascribe to. Although I am grateful for my faith, I tend to avoid comparing myself to others.

Messianic.