• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shadow People

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm doing a bit of Beat Reporting on the subject of the paranormal to say, besides ghosts, a rather common sighting is Shadow People, and this Wikipedia article talks about it in a pretty thorough way, including talking about the rather common sighting of "The man in the hat" which I felt I saw once, and as part of the article covering every ground as to what things could be, it also talks a bit about things like sleep paralysis:

Shadow person - Wikipedia

One thing the article doesn't seem to say, is something that I believe, which is that Shadow People are sometimes associated with bad luck - either in the near past, or an omen that bad things will unfold soon. Usually both, though.

Of course, those looking for a natural explanation, may suggest that overstressing the body can increase the odds that you'll see things. So for them, it's the other way around, really.

Erebus

I remember a while back my mum showed me some of the artwork she'd done in her teens/early twenties. One of them was a shadowy figure in a hat and long coat which she'd claimed to have seen on occasion. It was certainly drawn pre-internet and she was surprised when I told her it was a fairly common sighting.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I'm doing a bit of Beat Reporting on the subject of the paranormal to say, besides ghosts, a rather common sighting is Shadow People, and this Wikipedia article talks about it in a pretty thorough way, including talking about the rather common sighting of "The man in the hat" which I felt I saw once, and as part of the article covering every ground as to what things could be, it also talks a bit about things like sleep paralysis:

One thing the article doesn't seem to say, is something that I believe, which is that Shadow People are sometimes associated with bad luck - either in the near past, or an omen that bad things will unfold soon. Usually both, though.

Of course, those looking for a natural explanation, may suggest that overstressing the body can increase the odds that you'll see things. So for them, it's the other way around, really.
Last night, I had just laid down to sleep, and in what seemed like just a few minutes, a "shadow" came over me, and I felt as though there was a weight and presence on the bed.

I didn't go into what is called sleep paralysis, but after praying for a minute or two, I was soon sleeping soundly, and didn't have any experience with "shadows".

That "over stressed body" explanation does not seem to add up.
I think if that were really the case, I would be having a lot of that experience... like Kesha's and others.

Or maybe I wasn't as overstressed as overstressed can be. ;)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I imagine that, if ghosts are a thing, then they're all the same thing. They just manifest in different ways. That's what would make the most sense to me, anyway.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
From all I've heard over the years is that these Shadow People are indeed real and are some human archetype form that feeds off negative emotions and exude negative emotions. I would speculate the possibility that they are attached to the human collective subconscious in some way.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I've never actually seen a shadow person, but I have no doubt that they exist. Although I've never actively sought one out, I've seen plenty of video evidence to support their existence and heard personal accounts of encounters with them from other paranormal investigators whom I personally trust. Shadow people are, in my opinion, just another paranormal enigma that I find very intriguing.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
If they exist and I was not dreaming, I saw one in the doorway of my bedroom when I was in elementary school. It had to bend over to fit in the doorway

I'm not sure if I've seen "Shadow People" , but I've seen forms both human and non-human manifest as smoke-like or dark-black like entities that seemed solid for a few seconds each.

Raju3v

I suffer from sleep paralysis often and I admit it always a shadow person coming towards me, sometimes they just stare at me or sometimes they try to choke me and I can't even move my body at all. Sometimes I stop breathing for minutes in sleep. But I never seen them in real life and I'm glad because I'm sure I can't run away from them as well. Just now in some other thread someone is asking if we believe in Jinn ... And even in the article of wiki it's mentioned that jinn can be a shadow person. I have seen videos and confession of people of see them in reality plus with my so called dream experience, I'm saying this because trust me, the sleep paralysis doesn't seems like sleep. I actually wake up and I can see I'm paralyzed, can't move at all and some shadow coming inside my room through my window and this really felt like **** happens so many times.

I suffer from sleep paralysis often and I admit it always a shadow person coming towards me, sometimes they just stare at me or sometimes they try to choke me and I can't even move my body at all. Sometimes I stop breathing for minutes in sleep. But I never seen them in real life and I'm glad because I'm sure I can't run away from them as well. Just now in some other thread someone is asking if we believe in Jinn ... And even in the article of wiki it's mentioned that jinn can be a shadow person. I have seen videos and confession of people of see them in reality plus with my so called dream experience, I'm saying this because trust me, the sleep paralysis doesn't seems like sleep. I actually wake up and I can see I'm paralyzed, can't move at all and some shadow coming inside my room through my window and this really felt like **** happens so many times.
Maybe jinn are shadow people. Maybe they are something else. I think it is too early to know for sure.